• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under the Pledging Tree! (862)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Presents!!

It's time for the annual festival in Coumarine City. After learning of the festival and how the exchange of present to your Pokémon under the vow tree causes your bond with your Pokémon to grow, Ash & Serena decide to go shopping. This is the first time Ash and Serena have been completely alone, without their Pokémon or their travelling partners, so Serena thinks it is akin to a date and starts getting overjoyed...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with a recap of Ash's Coumarine Gym Battle.

Ash and co. are now in the Coumarine Pokemon Center.

Serena presses her Pokedex up against a screen at the front of the Pokemon Center counter.

I think Serena just registered her Pokedex for the Coumarine City Pokemon Showcase.

Serena is really happy.

Clemont reads out the episode title, while the episode title card focus on Serena.

Ash and co. head out of the Pokemon Center.

After they head out, they see townspeople putting up decorations.

They then run into Ramos who is on his Gogoat.

He explains how the Coumarine Gym, also known as the Vow Tree was created.

We see a cartoon like flashback with a man ridding on his Skiddo.

The man and the Skiddo are shown to have created the vow tree.

Ramos tells them about the Vow Tree Festival.

Ash brings out his Pokemon and then Clemont and Serena do the same.

Clemont, Bonnie and all of the groups Pokemon, including Pikachu, go into a store.

Team Rocket are spying on Ash and co.

Ash and Serena go off together, to search for gifts for their Pokemon.

As Serena and Ash walk together, Serena wants to hold Ash's hand.

Serena believes that this could be a date.

Ash and Serena go on the Coumarine City monorail.

They go off to search for presents in a different part of Coumarine.

Clemont and Bonnie are with the groups Pokemon.

Goomy is on Luxio and Bonnie notices that Goomy is dehydrated.

She then gives Goomy some water, in order to hydrate him.

Chespin and Pancham then start to fight.

Meanwhile, Clemont is just sitting down at a booth.

Ash and Serena get surprised by some people.

Dare da? Dunsparce.

The sun is now setting.

Some men give Ash a wrapped present.

Ash and Serena are now back on the monorail.

They are talking to eachother and then Ash gets an idea.

After the monorail stops, he runs off it and goes off on his own.

Ash is running down a forest path as the sun still sets and then he stops and turns his hat around.

Serena is now back with Clemont, Bonnie and the groups Pokemon.

Ash is still in a forest and then a Dunsparce jumps near him.

He wants to capture it, but he realises that he doesn't have any Pokemon with him.

He also probably doesn't have any Pokeball's at all.

Ash returns with the others.

It is now nighttime in Coumarine and the whole town has gathered at the Vow Tree.

They are all their to watch the Vow Tree be lighted by festive lights.

As they watch the Vow Tree, Team Rocket suck up all of the presents that are under it.

Ash and co. bring out their Pokemon to battle them.

Jessie brings out her Pumpkaboo and soon after, James brings out his Inkay.

Ash and co. then defeat Team Rocket, sending them blasting off.

The Vow Tree has now been lit up with bright and beautiful lights.

Serena, Clemont and Ash each show give their Pokemon their presents.

Serena gives Fennekin a bow and Pancham new glasses.

Clemont made a wind up musical box, featuring Bunnelby, Chespin and Luxio.

Ash gives his Pokemon a whole assortment of berries.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket are giving their Pokemon presents too, I think.

Coumarine City's Nurse Joy and her Wigglytuff come up to Ash and co.

Serena's mom, Grace sents Serena a present.

It's an outfit for her first Pokemon Showcase.

Ash then gives Serena her present.

Ash and co. continue to look at the Vow Tree.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Serena is registering for Tripokalon it seems?

- Oh so that was the date? LOL. This thread will be hilarious to read. Ash obviously just cares for the Pokémon.
- TR gave presents for their pokemon, that's awesome!
- Grace gave Serena a dress for Tripokalon, while Ash also gave her a present, the blue ribbon?

All in all a very lackluster episode, it felt boring at times, I liked Ramos' interventions though + Team Rocket's gifts moment.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Couldn't care less about the supposed "Shipping" in this episode, but I like that Bonnie is into drawing.. and a ton of the groups critters got to take shots at Team Rocket in what eventually turned out to be a formulaic filler..

Edit: Pancham got some new shades! And dismisses them! What a prick! :O

#Ashstillhasntcaughtadunsparceyet...

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Everyone's Gift,

In order Bonnie's, Clemont's, Serena's & Ash's Gift to their Pokemons, and lastly Ash's Gift to Serena (its the prize that Ash got for being the 100th/1000th Customer at a store).

[IMG139]http://s11.postimg.org/hiwl08gxf/Bonnie_s_Gift.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://s11.postimg.org/52zv6hnlf/Clemont_s_Gift.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://s11.postimg.org/3leeuxiur/Serena_s_Gift.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://s11.postimg.org/vmsg8mo4z/Ash_s_Gift.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://s11.postimg.org/xc1jgp3ub/Ash_s_Gift_to_Serena.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Heartwarming episode, and a nice way to show that Grace really does care for her own daughter, as well as Team Rocket.

Markerters really pushed this as a date episode however. Of course, it was a really brief misunderstanding by Serena and Ash continually ran off to try and find the best present for his Pokemon (Clemont and Bonnie on the otherhand remain in the Pokemon Center with the former inventing his own present, which did not blow up, and Bonnie making a drawing of all the Pokemon). In the end Ash won ribbons, which will not be for naught, but is unsatisfied, in the end Serena advices him on something which inspires Ash to give his Pokemon a bunch of berries to it. Ash would eventually give Serena the ribbons he won (while having his ol' itchy nose thing). These ribbons, I suspect, would probably be proven right, would be used on her Pokemon for her TriPokalon debut next episode (That would be enough of a shipping hint for anyone).

Not really what I expected and hoped, but it is a good episode nonetheless. Got a little spaghetti here and there, Serena thoroughly enjoyed Ash's company if ever he was next to her. Also, Ash still wants a Dunsparce.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wow, Bonnie's a pretty good artist for her age.

Also Dunsparce again -_-...why do you want to catch one of the lamest pokemon ever Ash lol??

nuzamaki90

>We still dont know what's in the box

Worst episode -10/10 will never watch again ;_;

Also, I already said it, but once again Ash will never catch a Dunsparce if it appears in a shipping episode. Second time we've been through this ****

Janovy

Banned

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I really liked the episode a lot, it was soo funny what with Ash jumping out and around the place. Not to mention it was Ash and Serena's first date!! (Albeit in a tiny way).

The episode starts of with a recap and Serena registering for her TriPokalon.

It was cool to see Ramos appear and talk about life lol jk. :p But anyway the Vow Tree sounds like a nice idea. I like all the characters in this episode, it was cool of Clemont and Bonnie to take of the Pokemon. Weird to see Pikachu left behind by Ash.

Awe, I liked Serena reaction to spending time with Ash. It was so funny to see Ash yelling her name all over the place to come see the stuff he found. Lol at Ash saying the giant Meowth head for Pikachu! xD

Things I liked from the ep;

-Serena looked at a wedding dress, it really is their first date.

-Omg, Ash is the luckiest person he won one of those random prize give-away things. xD Too bad it was some kind of band though. T,T

Why does Ash keep bumping into a random Dunsparce and wanting/failing to catch it?? o_O

I liked Ash and Serena interactions throughout this episode. I was hoping for them to spend more time together in a romantic kind of way but Ash was soo funny here anyway!

I'll give a: 7.5/10

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Shoutout to the smoothness that was Jessie and James in this episode.

They lie in waiting at the Vow Tree, try and fail to get the townspeople’s presents, get blasted off… And then it turns out that they hadn’t needed to rely on other people’s gifts in the first place, because they’d already prepared some for Meowth & their Pokémon themselves.

Bonus points for tsundere!Jessie having trouble admitting that they’d secretly prepared the gifts for them and Wobbuffet, despite Jessie’s warning that the branch they were sitting on would break if it jumped on them, unable to restrain itself and glomping the Rockets.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Lots of hype for almost nothing. Yep, looks like Pokémon is back to its roots. With this show's horrible track record, I don't even know what I expected from this, and why I expected anything at all.

Well, looks like the writers really have no plans for Amourshipping beyond false hype. Better enjoy it while it lasts, because I don't think this ship is going anywhere.

I give it a 4/10. Would've been higher, but false hype kills it for me. Remove the first half of the title and it's a solid 8.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Lots of hype for almost nothing. Yep, looks like Pokémon is back to its roots. With this show's horrible track record, I don't even know what I expected from this, and why I expected anything at all.

Well, looks like the writers really have no plans for Amourshipping beyond false hype. Better enjoy it while it lasts, because I don't think this ship is going anywhere.
Did you honestly expect something big to happen here? This show was never about shipping. :/

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Did you honestly expect something big to happen here? This show was never about shipping. :/

It would've been better if the 'date' lasted for at least half the episode. There weren't even enough interactions between Ash and Serena. The false hype killed it IMO.

SlimeStack

Still not really sure how anyone thought it would go anywhere. Ash is completely asexual. Partly because he's 10, partly because he finds Pokémon way more interesting than girls.

All this shipping stuff is in Serena's head only, and apparently the heads of all the shippers on the Internet. You can ship whatever you want but don't go expecting it to become canon.

Janovy

Banned
It would've been better if the 'date' lasted for at least half the episode. There weren't even enough interactions between Ash and Serena. The false hype killed it IMO.
I admit I was disappointed by the lack of interactions myself.

IMO, this episode should have been named 'Ash Ditches Serena on Their First Date!?' or something.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Maybe not my ideal cup of tea, but ignoring the whole "shipping hype" I think this was a quite cute episode. I just wish Ash and Serena stayed more together and showed more interactions, though. :/

Anyway, I'll give a better review of this episode once the subs come out, since I want to understand it fully.

K.N.

The date not actually being a date was pretty much what I expected. The title was supposed to be a joke. Given the marketing for this episode it's pretty much a running joke at this point, they did the same thing with a couple other episodes too.

That being said, I still was disappointed by the lack of character stuff in the episode. It just felt like a waste of time- I was hoping for at least one heart-to-heart conversation between the two, about how Serena's big day was coming up. I guess you could argue the end counted. Everything I liked about it was stuff that was unrelated to the title plot, though. Hawlucha posing left and right was amusing, Clemont/Bonnie's gifts were cute, and they remembered to show TRio giving presents to their Pokemon.