• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under the Pledging Tree! (862)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The Vow Tree tradition itself looked like something really nice to see, specially trainers & performers showing their affection to their Pokemon. I also loved the scene when Serena thanks Grace for the dress, it was so touching.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The scenes of Ash and Serena shopping were pretty funny. I'm always amused by Ash's lack of taste in clothing and items. Ash and Serena’s conversation on the train where she gave him advice about what gift to give his Pokemon was my favorite of their actions in this episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash and Serena’s conversation on the train where she gave him advice about what gift to give his Pokemon was my favorite of their actions in this episode.

I liked seeing them together, though Ash's little detour when he stalked that wild Dunsparce felt unneeded and was just a silly gag.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I liked seeing them together, though Ash's little detour when he stalked that wild Dunsparce felt unneeded and was just a silly gag.

It's the one Pokemon he can never catch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Even with shipping material aside, I didn't quite see what this episode was meant to produce as far as entertainment value is concerned. We saw Satoshi fail to capture a Nokocchi again, but that was the only non-Serena moment that stood out to me.

Ok so I know that this episode didn't even live up to all the shipping excitement that it received in Japan, but I thought this was a great episode. It connected Serena's interest in Showcases with the culture of Kalos and was just a very interesting episode to watch. One of my favorite scenes from this was at the end of the episode when Team Rocket gave some presents to their Pokemon. It was a classic Team Rocket moment.

Zyar

Unknown Member
This was a great episode, not a filler. It really showed the bond between the trainers and the pokemon (And Bonnie). I was pleasantly surprised Clemonts present didn't blow up. But the best part for me was that Jessie and James had presents, not only for there pokemon, but also for Meowth (I cried when i saw them giving him a present and he was surprised about it. I found it special, because they said they cared about him but had never showed it before).

They've shown they care about Meowth a lot of times before :p
—Helping him when he was about to fight his old gang for Meowzie on "Go West, Young Meowth".
—Rescuing him from that Onix by throwing their own coins and bottlecaps to make it look like Meowth could use Pay Day on "Meowth Rules!".
–Looking for Snorunt so Froslass would release Meowth, who had been frozen on "The Drifting Snorunt".
–Begging Ash & Co., of all people, to help them recover Meowth when he was taken by Deoxys on "Deoxys's Crisis!".
—Going to rescue him from Hunter J after he had been captured on "Mutiny in the Bounty".
–Looking for him almost every time he gets lost and separated from them (which has happened a bazillion times now lol).

Anyway, that scene was beautiful to me, too. The moments where Jessie and James show they love and care about their Pokémon (and Meowth) are always poignant and special.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Anyway, that scene was beautiful to me, too. The moments where Jessie and James show they love and care about their Pokémon (and Meowth) are always poignant and special.

I hadn't given much thought to Musashi and Kojirou's gift giving in this episode, but now I realize that it was one of the few times during the Kalos saga where they showed their compassionate side, which I appreciate.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
So like I guess Ash is destined to never catch a Dunsparce? He's tried and failed twice now. :(

I don't think Satoshi's interest in the species was ever meant to be more than just a recurring joke, honestly. In this case, him failing to capture it seemed less interesting to me than when he failed to capture one in the Decolora Archipelago since at least that time it was used as a plot device.