• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under the Pledging Tree! (862)

PortugueseLynx

Interesting to think you guys actually thought it was going to a shipping fanservice episode. Hello, we are talking about an animu with one track writing. Serena is sorta delusional, of course Ash only cares about his own pokemon, expected what? After 800, I dunno, episodes it's not like they will suddenly change for romeo and Juliet thing. Title was a troll cuz audiences, that's how they work. No offense, but after a long time you guys should have known. The show is that predicable.
Romance sells like it's the only thing in the world that matters (kind of sad) so what they do, a character with a hopeless one-sided crush on Ash and make that her main character development trigger. That won't end pretty.

Last edited:

colomb

Lots of hype for almost nothing. Yep, looks like Pokémon is back to its roots. With this show's horrible track record, I don't even know what I expected from this, and why I expected anything at all.

Well, looks like the writers really have no plans for Amourshipping beyond false hype. Better enjoy it while it lasts, because I don't think this ship is going anywhere.

I give it a 4/10. Would've been higher, but false hype kills it for me. Remove the first half of the title and it's a solid 8.

There was no false hype, at least not from the showrunners. There were a lot of people who didn't know what the question mark at the end of the word 'date' meant and got themselves hyped up, but as many others expected, it was a near pointless filler.

The most ridiculous thing was people speculating that the lack of info meant something big was going to happen, when many other fillers haven't a got a ton of info either. Can't say you weren't warned.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Still not really sure how anyone thought it would go anywhere. Ash is completely asexual. Partly because he's 10, partly because he finds Pokémon way more interesting than girls.

All this shipping stuff is in Serena's head only, and apparently the heads of all the shippers on the Internet. You can ship whatever you want but don't go expecting it to become canon.

Actually he's Pikasexual.

But yeah that is going nowhere but Serena's fantasy. Ash is only interested in Pokémon and battles. That's just how he is. Wonder if this is based off Satoshi Tajiri's rumored aspergers.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Interesting to think you guys actually thought it was going to a shipping fanservice episode. Hello, we are talking about an animu with one track writing. Serena is sorta delusional, of course Ash only cares about his own pokemon, expected what? After 800, I dunno, episodes it's not like they will suddenly change for romeo and Juliet thing. Title was a troll cuz audiences, that's how they work. No offense, but after a long time you guys should have known. The show is that predicable.
Romance sells like it's the only thing in the world that matters (kind of sad) so what they do, a character with a hopeless one-sided crush on Ash and make that her main character development trigger. That won't end pretty.

Nobody is expecting to see this show becoming some kind of sappy Twilight thing. However, having some unique aspect introduced and developed would be nice, instead of having the same old predictable status quo that this show has self-imposed to itself.

You may not like shipping? That's fine, in the past I was exactly like you, in the sense that I never cared about shipping. However, don't claim things as fact. Just because this episode didn't focus on romance like some people wished it doesn't mean that nothing will change. Just wait for the end of XY before saying such thing, since we still know nothing. Ok, people?

Anyway, I didn't expect much from this episode, so I'm not too bummed. I just wish they focused more on the interactions between Ash and Serena. Alas, maybe next time.

PortugueseLynx

You may not like shipping?

wow...
Thanks for judging me like that. Note my sarcasm.
For your report, I don't mind shipping. I don't have anything against shipping. I just know there's more in life besides shipping. And I just stick for the reality, and don't do crack shipping, that's how I am, nothing else. I'm just pulling the truth and unless the show pulls a magical transformation into romance as amourshippers so nail to, that's exactly how things are.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Omg that Dunsparce fail... No pokemon to catch him, that made the episode for me XD

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
All those pages discussing 10y dating while important episodes discussions have 10 or less pages of discussion, lol.

I didnt watch nor do I plan to watch this but I saw the pictures, the end seems cute with them giving the pokemon presents but thats it.

Omg that Dunsparce fail... No pokemon to catch him, that made the episode for me XD

I guess this is Satoshi running gag now, he wants to capture a Dunsparce but for some reason never does...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
After reading the summary it seems like the episode is pretty much what I was expecting, with some minor differences like Ash trying to catch a Dunsparce and not having any presents for his own Pokemon. Team Rocket stealing the presents was pretty predictable, I was figuring it was either that or the Pokemon they were after, but it was nice to see that they got presents for their Pokemon too. Also I loved the part where Ash gives Serena the blue ribbon at the end. It seems like it'll be pretty cute and I do think it could be a subtle hint from Ash's side of amourshipping since I don't think he's ever got any of his, previous female companions any gifts before. I can't wait to see the actual episode to see how the episode looks. It sounds like it'll be an 8/10 for me.

Janovy

Banned
Did Ash really want to get the Dunsparce?
Yes. He wanted to catch it but he had no Pokeballs with him.

This is the second time actually, he wanted to catch a Dunsparce in an episode of BW too.

SlimeStack

I would quite like to see the Dunsparce thing be a running gag. Ash doesn't really have anything like that except occasionally being impatient I guess.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Nice episode, I just gave it a 7.5/10.

Ash wants Dunsparce so bad. lol

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Knew it. Freaking knew it was a troll.

Little Hero

Oh dear god...that Dunsparce. :)

Poor Ash, too bad he didn't had any Pokeballs to at least catch it (...was he really out of Pokeballs or just didn't react on time?)

It was a rather cute episode; too bad that Serena and Ash didn't interact more, though. And good for Team Rocket (why the writers made them the bad guys again if they were going to give their Pokemon presents either way, escapes me), also nice to know that Grace gives her daughter a present as well (akin to Dawn/Lucas in the games; in the anime too, but I don't recall either).

The title is rather misleading, but its to be expected. A better title would have been "What not to do in your 'supposed first date', featuring Ash and Serena!" :)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really do hope that Dunsparce gets an evolution in Gen 7 and that's why this is Ash's second attempt to catch one. It'd be a nice 7th Pokémon for him like Aipom.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Dnsparce was literally the only interesting part, and it's hilarious he basically ditched serena for that.

Pikachu52

This episode is a total filler. Worse than that it's building on one of the worst plot lines the anime has ever had. It's just an excuse for the writers to hype up the amourshippers and keep pushing Serena's horrible schoolgirls with a crush cliche personality (she has to be the worst character in Pokémon). Nothing significant happened other than the fact she tried to hold his hand and failed. It wasn't an actual date which I'm happy about - let's hope it stays that way. The present part is terrible. Why on earth is Ash getting Pikachu and the others fruit. To get you guys a present to strengthen are bond, I'm going down to woolworth's. After the battling and fainting and our friendship Pikachu means so much to me I'm going to grocery store. Was that really the best he could do. He didn't even bother to wrap it he just dumped it in a giant grocery bag.

Actually he's Pikasexual.

That would be good.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
A formulaic filler is what I expected and a formulaic filler is what I got .2/10 the points for some Chespin screentime.

When was the last time you actually liked an episode, im genuinely curious? You seem to instantly despise any non Chespin focused exursions on the spot

Red and Blue

Welp(dust hands) that's that. The "date" episode is over, now we can all move forward with out lives, LOL.

Pretty cute episode nonetheless. I didn't expect Amourshipping to become two sided anyway so I wasn't disappointed.