• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under the Pledging Tree! (862)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The episode had plenty of shipping from Serena's side though, and Ash gave her a gift. Not sure what anyone was expecting beyond that.

Agreed, I thought the shipping moments were great, pretty much what I expected to see.

jason0597

I wasn't expecting shipping, I expected bonding time.
But instead, they went and hyped everything they had, and in the end nothing remained in the episode that would surprise us.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Hello shippers: "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much you rate your pain?" :3

0, because I didn't expect much to begin with. I would give 1 just because I wished they showed more moments between Ash and Serena, but that's it.

Now can all you people stop rubbing this whole episode on the shippers' faces? It makes you appear as jerks. :/

SlimeStack

Tbh I just assumed XY would be 4 years, since each gen to receive remakes of previous generations was spread out along that timeframe. Seems like stuffing 3 sets of games into 3 years would be exhausting. I know we've only skipped one or two years max between Platinum and ORAS, but still. A series that's paced out like AG's 3-year Hoenn story with no filler arc would be pretty good though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wasn't expecting shipping, I expected bonding time.
But instead, they went and hyped everything they had, and in the end nothing remained in the episode that would surprise us.

There was plenty of that though.

Rather ironic that people are acting like this episode didn't have plenty of shipping simply because the previews spoiled it all.

jason0597

There was plenty of that though.

Rather ironic that people are acting like this episode didn't have plenty of shipping simply because the previews spoiled it all.
If you are referring to normal hints, then yes, I agree with you.
I was expecting them to spice it up this time

Agility

Bah.
You guys should know by now that Ash has one thing in that tiny little brain of his, and that's Pokemon. Besides, the writers are notorious for never giving a ship a definitive answer, and it'll be the same with this one. Contestshipping has the MOST evidence, hints, whatever from both parties I've ever seen from any ship in this show and it's still not a concrete thing. I think the moral of this episode is: never get hype for titles. :p

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
After finally getting to watch this episode, I have to say I think I loved it more than reading the summary. The shopping scenes were hilarious as well as Serena trying to hold Ash's hand. Team Rocket was surprisingly not as annoying to me as they usually are, and I liked that they got presents for their Pokemon at the end also. I also loved the ending where Serena got her Showcase dress from her mom and also the ribbon that Ash won earlier in the episode. That was probably the best scene of the episode and it was heartmelting imo.
10/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You guys should know by now that Ash has one thing in that tiny little brain of his, and that's Pokemon. Besides, the writers are notorious for never giving a ship a definitive answer, and it'll be the same with this one. Contestshipping has the MOST evidence, hints, whatever from both parties I've ever seen from any ship in this show and it's still not a concrete thing. I think the moral of this episode is: never get hype for titles. :p

The difference with Contestshipping is May isn't like Ash when it came to love, she was able to show mutual interest. The writers didn't have to show May and Drew actually "get together" because its just assumed to happen off-screen while they were in Johto.

Serena's problem is the same as Misty's problem. No matter how obvious Serena or Misty make it that they like Ash, Ash is still oblivious to it. The only difference now is since we're 17 years into the anime people think Serena might be handled differently since why would they even bother putting in this shipping subplot in the first place? With Misty the writers didn't know at the start they would be removing her from the anime, but with Serena coming after 4 girls have come and gone is a different situation.

Serena could have been written like Dawn was and just have a good friendship with Ash, but they bothered with this whole childhood backstory and crush.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad that we got some backstory of how the Vow Tree was formed; Ramos is a gardening god tbh. Ash wanting to catch Dunsparce made me cringe, as did TR attacking at the festival. Thankfully, the cast's gifts to the Pokemon weren't as bad as I'd thought, so that was good.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dunsparce is a terrible Pokemon. Its obviously a running gag nothing more.

Some god awful random Johto Pokemon Ash didn't even care about the first time he saw it back in that Johto filler from a million years ago.

BlueDragonfangirl

You know what this episode reminded me of? That episode xy were promoting like heck acting like Serena was going to get jealous the entire episode but t was just one flippin second. Stupid xy, they know shippers is what's giving this series major ratings big ratings so they advertise those scenes like heck, the entire episode that were shippy were in the preview
Thank goodness for yugioh arc v.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
So I enjoyed most of this, but the "date" was terrible. lol. I didn't expect anything to happen, but I didn't think he'd spend the whole shopping spree leaving her behind either! Wow...

But everything else was nice. Should've just called it "The Vow Tree and the Presents!". Because apart from that "date" it was actually touching seeing all the gifts and such.

+ 1 For Frogadier being a beast when it caught on to TR.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You know what this episode reminded me of? That episode xy were promoting like heck acting like Serena was going to get jealous the entire episode but t was just one flippin second. Stupid xy, they know shippers is what's giving this series major ratings big ratings so they advertise those scenes like heck, the entire episode that were shippy were in the preview
Thank goodness for yugioh arc v.

The ratings don't really mean much, besides I'd rather that the series was watched more because of other things besides shipping.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Friendly reminder that this thread is here to discuss the content of this specific episode, not to weigh the pros and cons of Amourshipping or to mock shippers.

Thankies.

BlueDragonfangirl

The ratings don't really mean much, besides I'd rather that the series was watched more because of other things besides shipping.

Oh believe me, I've been watching the series ever since Kanto and not just for shipping, it adds the cute factor but. It's just annoying how they try to act like it's going to be Doo shippy than it's only either for a few seconds scene or some thing they've already shown.

Not to mention they said first date to hype up for shippers, could have called it another title and added two plots like norm.

Well any ways, the scenes we got were cute though and it was funny this was the second time Ash failed catching that Pokemon, good luck Ash I wish you the best of luck with that one :p