• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under the Pledging Tree! (862)

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I did some research and discovered that the writer of this episode is the very same one who also wrote that Dunsparce episode back in the Decolore arc. He/She must be really fond of that pokemon. Prehaps we have a new gag going on with this Pokémon?

On the episode itself, I pretty much expected it to not meet the hype it was building. Still, it had its funny moments, but it could be better. Oh well, next time.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
A decent filler. Also Ash must be allergic to Serena that he seems to scratch his face a lot. He needs some Beedryl Itch Stopping Cream.

diakyu

A decent filler.
It's clearly not, Serena registers and gets her dress.

Anyways, good episode all around. The scenes with Ash and Serena were nice. I think they separated them on purpose to make the last scene have more impact. All the scenes with the Pokemon were great. Goomy and Luxio gotta start that friendship for the gym battle lol. The gift giving scene was so amazing. TR giving giving their Pokemon present was great to see, the writers at least seem to be trying to get TR back in force when it comes to personality. The only member lacking is Pumpkaboo but that may be fixed if he does evolve.

Also Frogadier takes none of TR crap. He instantly reacted at the end there.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It's clearly not, Serena registers and gets her dress.

I actually forgot about that. Good point. I found it so odd how they register for them in the Pokemon Centers like the Pokémon League instead of registering in a contest hall like the Contests.

diakyu

I found it so odd how they register for them in the Pokemon Centers like the Pokémon League instead of registering in a contest hall like the Contests.
Maybe it's not as specific as we think? Perhaps once you register at a Pokemon Center you can do all the activities that involve a registration. Perhaps if Ash wanted to, he could also enter one showcase since he's registered in the region.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
One day Ash will finally catch a Dunsparce. I don't know if I want to be around to see it...

Pikachu52

Maybe it's not as specific as we think? Perhaps once you register at a Pokemon Center you can do all the activities that involve a registration. Perhaps if Ash wanted to, he could also enter one showcase since he's registered in the region.

I thought the Showcases were restricted to women so Ash couldn't compete even if he wanted to.

Serena could have been written like Dawn was and just have a good friendship with Ash, but they bothered with this whole childhood backstory and crush.

Except Dawn had a developed personality and her friendship with Ash was built over the series. Serena is just a blushing schoolgirl whose entire personality is written around having a crush on Ash. She doesn't exist in the show to do anything else or at least she didn't until Pokémon showcases were introduced. There using her to get the show higher ratings by playing a rather cliche shipping line. I imagine the entire series is going to be full of episodes that perpetuate a "will they won't they," reaction from amourshippers.

Last edited:

Cotaman

Frontier Brain
That nose thing Ash makes when giving Serena his present, has he done it before with anyone else? He does it a lot with Serena.

XXD17

Draco rex
Wow...Is the dunsparce thing really going to be a gag from now on...just watch him actually catch one...I do like how they stay loyal to dunsparce's size now...all the previous ones were midgets...

Squirtle_007

Aaaaaand Trollfest 2015 finally aired:
- Wow, people thought Ramos would be the most screwed over Gym Leader, but he got a nice 3 episodes run, sorry Grant, you still are the weakest link XD
- It's really unbelievable how situational was all this "date":
* Clemont decides not to go shopping because he wanted to make his present
* Ash decides to leave Pikachu and his Pokémon so the present would be a surprise
* Bonnie decides to stay because she wants to take care of the Pokémon
* And Serena's heart starts to accelerate XD
- Serena and Ash's "date" lasts solid 5 minutes before he dumps her to look for presents on his own ... and Serena gets upset ... until she sees tons and tons of merchandise
- Serena clearly said "TriPokálon" when she saw the "wedding dress", so, she was thinking about how cool would be using that dress in her Performance
- Serena finishes her shopping thinking if her Pokémon will like the presents
- Serena and Ash reunites to take the monorail and she suggests him to look for something he really likes because his Pokémon are like him ...
- ... and dumps Serena twice in a day, but she didn't get upset this time because she just went shopping
- Dunsparce is here to remind you that Decolora Islands happened no matter how much you try to deny it :p
- Bonnie wanting to make a present but thinking she couldn't because she is not a trainer was really cool, and the first time I genuinally find her cute
- By the moment the ... party starts, Serena spent more time with Clemont in the Pokémon Center than with Ash on their "date"
- You shouldn't mess with Frogadier and his presents XD
- Jessie and James giving little presents for their Pokémon for "always being there for them" was heartwarming
- And Clemont is the one who handles Serena her dress GeekChickShipping FTW!!
- Grace is so cool, not only she pushed Serena to her limits to defend her dream, now she fully supports her and even reminded her sassy side telling her she knows she doesn't like her choices and she decided to choose the opposite of what she would like
- Ash gives Serena the ribbon he got for free after he realized his Pokémon wouldn't use it as a gratitude present for giving him the idea of the food ... cool

By this time, you should already know what to expect from the Pokémon anime, this episode wasn't so painful as I thought it would be, Serena getting focus is always welcome and Ash can be a very enjoyable character when he acts LIKE A NORMAL FREAKING KID instead of this flawless hero the writers turned him into since XY started

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think Serena trying to hold Ash's hand was the best shipping moment of the episode, and probably of the anime in general for years. We're only 59 episodes into XY, people forget this series will probably go on the length of AG and DP.

No it wont, because z/x2y2 will very likely come out this year and then gen 7 at the end of next year.

phanpycross

God-king
So Ramos is AZ, that's cool I guess....

Jokes aside, I was really happy he appeared here, he might be my faovrite kalos gym leader so far, not counting clemont obviously.

I also kinda have to wonder why that cat-head looked more like a real cat than any pokemon, I thought the animators/writers knew better than that.

Dunsparce is also still a really cool mon IMO.

6/10, enjoyable filler, but the writers prolly shouldnt have named it a date, since that was plain false markedting.

Anti luring

Reigning Champ
This episode was such a misleading title lol. It wasn't even a good filler episode imo. Most definitly not an episode to look forward to. People on yt are p'd off & are saying how could we forget about the oblivious ash.

calvinhobbesliker

So Ramos is AZ, that's cool I guess....

Jokes aside, I was really happy he appeared here, he might be my faovrite kalos gym leader so far, not counting clemont obviously.

I also kinda have to wonder why that cat-head looked more like a real cat than any pokemon, I thought the animators/writers knew better than that.

Dunsparce is also still a really cool mon IMO.

6/10, enjoyable filler, but the writers prolly shouldnt have named it a date, since that was plain false markedting.

What does AZ mean?

Mau-Kun

Am I the only one who finds a little odd that a monorail line awards someone with a small roll of ribbon-tape for being the (apparently) #1.000.000th passenger?

Last edited:

Mau-Kun

I'm starting to wonder how will it be this episode's title for the doubt, I don't think it'll include the "date" word.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Wow, it's been years since I've posted in a censored environment more strict than the Minecraft server I play on... Gotta be careful then :O

I don't know why you people still watch this show if you expect anything different than what happened in this episode. You guys are letting yourselves get screwed over by the writers. You hype yourselves up for something and when it doesn't happen as anticipated, you keep watching anyway but you still complain. I used to be like this but I've long since learned and moved onto different franchises, leaving almost all Pokemon-related stuff out of my life with the exception of music and character fan art. It's just not a good series to be a fan of if you want to be treated right as a fan.

I'm only posting here because my still Pokemon-obsessed friend linked me here and I really still can't believe some people like Cybercubed are still here. 11 years m8, are you sure you want to have spent 10+ years on a forum like this?

It's like you guys are with an abusive significant other who you keep coming back to even though the abuse never goes away. You're just deep down hoping that it'll be different this time.

It won't

What do you mean? The substitute doll and the now acknowledged Dunsparce gag where great, this episode added a small shade of depth to TR caring for their pokemon, by the f archive standard this was a great episode, heck even the siblings got good screen time.