• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under the Pledging Tree! (862)

Rohanator

So apparently a boy giving a girl a gift at the end of the date marks her as a "special someone" in Japan and the Japanese fans are freaking out and saying Amour might as well be canon now. Can someone actually well familiar with Japanese culture confirm/deny this? I have no idea, though gift giving in general seems to be a big deal in Japan.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So apparently a boy giving a girl a gift at the end of the date marks her as a "special someone" in Japan and the Japanese fans are freaking out and saying Amour might as well be canon now. Can someone actually well familiar with Japanese culture confirm/deny this? I have no idea, though gift giving in general seems to be a big deal in Japan.

Japan's true romantic culture practices are much more intimate and sexual than this kind of romance for 5-year olds.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Nope, trust me Japanese ideology or romance is waaaaaaay to kinky for us to grasp it's true form.

It's kinda like social censorship gone wrong.

Navin

MALDREAD

Not really. And if Ash's side only stays this far and not deeper as the series progresses, then it definitely won't end up as canon.

Squirtle_007

Guys all I'm asking is if giving a gift at the end of a date has some meaning in Japan as some people claim lol. I'm not saying Amour is becoming canon just because of it or asking anything deeper about Japanese culture.

I think some posts already stated that it doesn't have any meaning in Japan, but still, if giving a gift at the end of a date was significant, i think it only would apply if both sides are aware they are on a date

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I think some posts already stated that it doesn't have any meaning in Japan, but still, if giving a gift at the end of a date was significant, i think it only would apply if both sides are aware they are on a date
Plus you gotta realize they're technically in Kalos-France uwu and I just think Ash gave it away because YOLO. He doesn't really care about it, he can't use a ribbon for anything tbh.

nameman

Posting again just to remind everyone that Serena is now wearing Ash's present as a part of her outfit. Useless filler my butt. It just took an extra episode for the relevance of this episode to be obvious.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Posting again just to remind everyone that Serena is now wearing Ash's present as a part of her outfit. Useless filler my butt. It just took an extra episode for the relevance of this episode to be obvious.

It's not an useless filler, we got Dunsparce XD

Navin

MALDREAD

Eh...it is still a rather filler-ish episode apart from that quick scene. I wouldn't recommend it either way, or just tell people to only watch the gift scene.

AbsolsRKewl123

Proud Absol Trainer
I knew I was expecting too much from this episode when I first read the title. XD I mean, it wasn't terrible, just not what I was expecting. Honestly, they could have just called it "The Vow Tree and the Presents" and skipped out on all of the hype that was for nothing. Actually, why would they do that? Then they would have just missed out on a perfect opportunity to troll the fans! ;P Indeed, they trolled us well.

jason0597

The 3rd preview with the Laverre town theme and also the "Come with me!" misinterpertation was the killing blow to hype of this episode, Like the other 2 weren't enough.

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Ash and Serena get some alone time.

It is also nice to see Team Rocket showing personality outside of being villains.

This one was full of surprises.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hmm, this episode could've been a date but there wasn't much about it. It's a good thing no one ever thought about writing "date" on the title. :rolleyes:

Serena's mom, it was a big gamble to pick the dress you didn't like.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Adorable episode. Ash trying to catch Dunsparce was hilarious and the part where Team Rocket gave their Pokemon some gifts was nice as well. Loved Serena and Bonnie in this episode and I'm glad to see Serena getting both a new dress for her 1st Showcase as well as the ribbon that Ash gives her as a gift
That she wears in her redesign
10/10

thetamale

I was expecting this to be boring filler and shipperbait but was pleasantly surprised. They keep teasing us with Dunsparce, maybe Ash can catch one right at the end of gen 6 and gen 7 will introduce an evolution. I love Dunsparce and would love one on the main cast. Also what was interesting to note is they gave it an English voice this time.

This was a very good episode. I thought that it would've been better without TR, but for them having their moment with their pokemon was a nice touch.