• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

    However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

    We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under Used,Over Used,Under Rated,Over Rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Blaze

Not the face!
I think that one of the most UU Bug Pokemon is Pincer. It is just out classed by other Bugs such as Sycther and Heracross. Maybe if it learned Megahorn we might see much more of it.
 
K:

Dragonite is VERY UU. Because anything it can do, something else can do it, and a million times better, at that.

Shuckle is NU for a reason. Pokémon use move! Shuckle fainted! A lot of weaknesses and NO HP AT ALL does not a good Wall make. Horrible Offensive power, horrible Speed, and horrible HP. Terrible movepool as well to complement its awful Offense.

Qwilfish - Cool, but not very good. Bad Defenses, but a decent Attack, at least.

Tentacruel is MAJORLY Underrated. It's UU for a reason, but its extremely hard to counter. Excellent, and I mean excellent Sp. Defense, great Speed, and usable Sp. Attack. People just don't use them because of their experiences with the little buggers in the RPGs, which is stupid, IMO.

Tauros - Not used because of a lolicious movepool. HYPER BEAM IS ONE OF ITS STANDARD MOVES. What does that say about its movepool? Good Stats, though.

Pinsir is the same as Dragonite. Good, but not good enough.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion
 

ChildOfInsanity

CRACKERS!!!!!!!
king krab kingler said:
What do you all think of girafarig?
Just a question,tell me what you think,I think it is a waste of space that really badly,needs an evolution.
Hey! I love them! I don't use them all the time, but I use them quite a bit. And every one I've ever used has kicked major butt. I don't think it needs an evolution.
 

General Blaze

Not the face!
One OU Pokemon is Blaziken. Practicly everyone and his brother are using it. While Blaziken is cool, It just so annoying that it's so OU.
 

Charmaster15

Fire/Flying Trainer
I think the most UU pokemon would be Kangaskhan and the most OU would be Raichu. Out of the Eevee evolutions, Flareon is the most UU pokemon and Jolteon is the most OU pokemon.
 

ChildOfInsanity

CRACKERS!!!!!!!
What about Crobat? I'm seeing an extreme increase in the use of it. Is it, or close to being, OU? And what of Omanyte/Omastar and Kabuto/Kabutops? I don't hear/see much of them. I'd have to say they are UU, unless somebody tells me otherwise.. =\
 

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
Poor ol' Tyranitar is nderused in the metagame... like, if you could see all 386 at game's beginning, Giovanni would have it...
 

Team Rocket Admin

Well-Known Member
general_pokemon said:
Poor ol' Tyranitar is nderused in the metagame... like, if you could see all 386 at game's beginning, Giovanni would have it...
HUH????????? I thought Tyranitar (and Dragonite) were both frequently used on Netbattle.
 

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
I think Paras and Parasect are Under Rated. They just aren't very powerful nor do they have good abilities. (if someone has already said this, I'm sorry, but I think this is true)
 

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Meh, I reckon Octillery is rather neglected. It's still an awesome Pokemon, though, and my favourite pure water to boot. I think Qwilfish, Girafarig, and Yanma take the cake in this category, though. They are *immencely* shunned and forgotten, in both competitive battling and in the anime.
As for overrated, there is only one thing I can say: Charizard. That thing sucks for *numerous* reasons. Hopefuly, my good friend CB will elaborate on it.
 

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
The thing is, Dragonite can do everything.
Ownz0rz everything in-game, which is why its popularity goes over to vs battles.
Anyway, I shall not continue on my foray with Shuckle, even though I remain convinced of its abilities.

While Octillery is decent, I cannot bring myself to look at that Pokemon's back, and not to mention the fact that it stole the honour of having exclusive attacks from the Legendary Pokemon.
(Octazooka... Urgh...)

I think Yanma is neglected because Ninjask is better than it, not too sure.
 
K

king krab kingler

Guest
Me again,I have to agree about Beedrill,It can also learn good moves like brick break,but since when could bees break bricks.

Paras,Parasect,hmmmm.........

Another one I find to be OverUsed,is Milotic.Why do so many people love this weird water snake pokemon?I know it has amazing stats and all that stuff,but what really is it people see in it? Maybe because feebas is so hard to get,they think milotic is amazing!!
And it is anything but beautiful!!

Machamp,is seriously UnderUsed,this pokemon has much to prove to those who don't use it.It is very powerful and comes in handy as a sweeper,so why don't people use it?!

Volbeat/Illumise,Minun/Plusle;
Personally,I think these pokemon are basically for ''show'',thier unique appearance and in game appearance rate has not amused as many people the creators htought it would.

Well keep posting your opinions................
 
L

Lleyr

Guest
We're on the topic of overused pokemon and no-one has mentioned Charizard yet? El oh ell.

It is overrated for several (stupid) reasons.

  • Ash has one in the anime. It's his most powerful pokemon (although he goes crying to it whenever he sees a pokemon that looks mildly intimidating... or is a crap legendary.), and everyone loves it so due to this.
  • Many people started with it in the original games. Why? Probably because, next to Squirtle and Bulbasaur (a turtle and a dinosaur--GRASS TYPE OHMYGOD IT MUST SUCK), it looked the coolest. I'm sure if I did a survey on whether people would rather use a strong pokemon which is ugly (not nessicarily, just for this example) or one that looks cool and has poor stats, they would likely be shallow and select the latter. :/
  • "ITZ A FYUR DRAGUN ITZ SO KEWL I LUVZ CHARIZARD 4EVA" (slightly exaggerated. maybe.)
  • It can learn Blast Burn. Please note that this is one of the most horrid moves ever. :|

Despite the rather convincing reasons listed above, the truth is as follows.

  • Just because it's a fire type/exists in the anime/can beat grass-types with low defense/resembles a dragon doesn't mean it's the coolest thing on the face of the planet.
  • Base defense stat of 78. In other words, anything aside from Chansey can beat it (yes, everything excluding Chansey includes Caterpie and Abra. ;3)
  • Fire/flying is the most redundant type-combination in existance. Fire can beat grass, bug, ice (they'd probably ice-beam him to death) and flying can beat grass, bug and fighting (high attack, will probably be equipped with rock slide). This makes Charizard extremely susceptible to rock-type attacks, and also susceptible to electric and ice.

There are more reasons but I've grown bored with my rant. Flame (ooh, the irony) if you like, but beware FACTS. D:

Underused... I would have to say Tentacruel. Back in RBY it was horrid due to lack of the special-defense stat, and from my experience most people tend not to be open to new ideas such as the lack of sucking. Regardless, since he has that lovely base special-defense of 120, he is basically inpenetrable against psychic and electric attacks.

The thing is, Dragonite can do everything.
Ownz0rz everything in-game, which is why its popularity goes over to vs battles.

Well... anything can beat stuff in-game. P:
 

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Amazing stats. Like Gyrados with its heart in the right place. Essentially, its a rare Gyrados that switched it attack and special attack, which does plenty.
Not to mention the 'auto-win in beauty contest' clause.

I <3 Machamp. Highest attack in the game if memory serves me.

VolbeatxIllumise and +-le
Lunatone Solrock, only infinitely more irritating. Not to mention Pika-like.
 
K

king krab kingler

Guest
Lleyr said:
We're on the topic of overused pokemon and no-one has mentioned Charizard yet? El oh ell.

It is overrated for several (stupid) reasons.

  • Ash has one in the anime. It's his most powerful pokemon (although he goes crying to it whenever he sees a pokemon that looks mildly intimidating... or is a crap legendary.), and everyone loves it so due to this.
  • Many people started with it in the original games. Why? Probably because, next to Squirtle and Bulbasaur (a turtle and a dinosaur--GRASS TYPE OHMYGOD IT MUST SUCK), it looked the coolest. I'm sure if I did a survey on whether people would rather use a strong pokemon which is ugly (not nessicarily, just for this example) or one that looks cool and has poor stats, they would likely be shallow and select the latter. :/
  • "ITZ A FYUR DRAGUN ITZ SO KEWL I LUVZ CHARIZARD 4EVA" (slightly exaggerated. maybe.)
  • It can learn Blast Burn. Please note that this is one of the most horrid moves ever. :|

Despite the rather convincing reasons listed above, the truth is as follows.

  • Just because it's a fire type/exists in the anime/can beat grass-types with low defense/resembles a dragon doesn't mean it's the coolest thing on the face of the planet.
  • Base defense stat of 78. In other words, anything aside from Chansey can beat it (yes, everything excluding Chansey includes Caterpie and Abra. ;3)
  • Fire/flying is the most redundant type-combination in existance. Fire can beat grass, bug, ice (they'd probably ice-beam him to death) and flying can beat grass, bug and fighting (high attack, will probably be equipped with rock slide). This makes Charizard extremely susceptible to rock-type attacks, and also susceptible to electric and ice.

There are more reasons but I've grown bored with my rant. Flame (ooh, the irony) if you like, but beware FACTS. D:

Underused... I would have to say Tentacruel. Back in RBY it was horrid due to lack of the special-defense stat, and from my experience most people tend not to be open to new ideas such as the lack of sucking. Regardless, since he has that lovely base special-defense of 120, he is basically inpenetrable against psychic and electric attacks.



Well... anything can beat stuff in-game. P:

Others have mentioned charizard,and why don't you make a poll and see what people think?
 

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Well... Despite overwhelming evidence that Charizard is not as good as everyone makes it out to be, and that it can be downed very easily, I kinda grew into it.
Started with the anime, proved itself worthy in the game. However, I knew right off the bat it had sucky defenses, simply because my Feraligatr that was twenty levels below owned it in Crystal.
(Lyk, OMG! Challenging boss in Pokemon!)

Also, there are such things as sucky Pokemon, such as the basic idea that Milotic (overrated beautiful water snake) > Luvdisc (Unused heart shaped pokemon.)

Oh, and Ice Pokemon own Fire anyway. Fear the water subtype. Fear it I tell you. Fear it.
 
D

Dragonight

Guest
Dragonites are becoming extinc as a trainers pokemon which are becoming
uu I'm acualy training my dragonair to a dragonite everyone seames to be useing pokemon ash has got or legenderis have u sean enyone use this;303; or this;199; thats beacuse people think they are rubbish
 

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Mawille ain't rubbish, but not excellent. Slowking owns.
Owns owns owns owns owns owns owns.
The only Psychic Pokemon I like more is Alakazam, but that is because I happen to like Alakazam just because.
 
L

Lleyr

Guest
king krab kingler said:
Others have mentioned charizard,and why don't you make a poll and see what people think?
As for overrated, there is only one thing I can say: Charizard. That thing sucks for *numerous* reasons. Hopefuly, my good friend CB will elaborate on it.

They're the only person who mentioned him prior to my post.

I'd rather not, it would leave me open for much more hate then I'd like to deal with as a newbie. P:

Oh, and Ice Pokemon own Fire anyway. Fear the water subtype. Fear it I tell you. Fear it.

I would have mentioned that most ice-types have the water subtype, or have high special-defense (exceptions are Glalie, Piloswine {although it has rock-slide, charizard could get a fire blast/flamethrower in first}, Delibird, and Sneasel), but due to the exceptions I eluded it. P:

Slowking is awesome, above-average stats in everything except for speed. Better than Slowbro since it has special-attack above defense.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top