• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under Used,Over Used,Under Rated,Over Rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lleyr, you're my hero <3.

Girafarig. Not good, not bad. Simple as that. It's a great UU CM Passer, though.

Blaziken is OU for a reason. STAB on both sides of Offense and gets good moves for each side. Good dual-type, good design, and excellent for SkarmBliss killing. Not to mention decent(but not excellent) Defenses.

Umbreon is the most overrated of the Eeveelutions, PERIOD THE ABSOLUTE END. Jolteon is underrated, if anything, because it hits bloody hard and bloody fast. Flareon was messed up by lack of Phys. STAB and good Phys. Attacks.

Crobat is debatable. Excellent Speed, and good at Choice Banding. BL, IMO, but, like Tentacruel, past memories of its predecessors have driven people away from it ._.

lol Tyranitar UnderUsed. Tyranitar DEFINES OU. Kills Blissey, Skarm, Wobbuffet(for poons who use it iN OU ._.), Gyarados, and so many other Pokémon, many of them Staples. Not to mention incredible Stats, the movepool to use them, killing of Endreversalers without lifting a finger, and destruction of Stall Teams. Tyranitar rules.

DRAGONITE IS NOT AND SHALL NEVER BE OU BECAUSE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IT CAN DO CAN BE DONE BY SOMETHING ELSE AND A MILLION TIMES BETTER.

F
F
S

Just had to get that off my chest. IMO, people here need to learn the difference between looks and power.

Beedrill may look cool and have good STABs, but it just lacks the Stats to really be effective.

Parasect......Killed because of its Typing(wtf Grass Type. Is Pure Bug too hard, Ninty). It has good Attack and Defense, but outside that....Meh. I find it ironic that Satoshi Tajiri loves bugs, but just about every Bug Type fails ._.

Octillery is cool because of well-rounded Stats and an awesome movepool(Nintendo really got inventive with its movepool, don't try to understand it if you don't know much about octopi).

Heh, sorry master_chuckle, Lleyr beat me to it(and did a fine job, I might add).

Yanma. It's a Bug Type, need I go on? Well, it fails because, despite two Physical STABs, it Sp. Attack is higher, it doesn't learn many Physical moves, and IIRC, it can't BP. I love it, though, because it looks EXTREMELY cool.

Milotic is OU because nothing kills it. Seriously. Milotic was given arguably the best Trait in the game. Meaning Milotic can switch in on a Weezing/Dusclop's WoW, or a Blissey/Zapdos's T-Wave and boost its Defense. Sure, a Burn will decrease its HP. But guess what? RECOVER. Not only does it ensure that it won't die, if it comes close to dying, it just Recovers it off. Milotic gets Ice Beam and Surf, which covers most things. Gets STAB off of Surf, too, so that'll hurt coming off a great Sp. Attack. On the topic of greatness, it's Sp. Defense is just yes. Not to mention, its only two weaknesses are Special, which means that only the most powerful STAB attack on earth is going to OHKO it.

Machamp has Attack, but nothing else, really.

Lunatone and Solrock are great battlers, really, some of the best UUs you'll find. Lunatone is generally more liked, though.

Plusle and Minun are good in NU, but outside that....=/

Volbeat is better than Illumise for many reasons.

Mawile is a good BPer. Intimidate or Hyper Cutter, both work fine for it.

Slowking isn't as good as Slowbro. Slowbro can Calm Mind, meaning its Defenses will both be raised. Slowking CMs, but all that'll do is boost its already large Sp. Defense. Meaning it's still open. And there are more Special absorbers than Physical ones, IIRC, so Slowbro is used more. I love Slowking, though, infinitely cooler than Slowbro.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Well, I <3 Dragonite anyway. Can be useful as the sixth slot Pokemon for the heck of it to counter any last ditch strategy your opponent can come up with.
Extremespeed to counter Reversal
Thunderbolt because Salamence simply cannot
Flamethrower because of Shedinja final Pokemon things.
Dragon Claw because everyone wants STAB.
Pretty much how I see my Dragonite in the situation, but anyway, back to the topic.
(Yanma? Cool? Whatever floats your boat, even if it is fifty dragonflies.)

Milotic does own. A proper stated Gyrados. (Both Dragons. Trust me.)
Machamp has sick attack, sometimes I BP in a Swords Dancing Ninjask just to watch people die by my lethal Karate Chop. Or Low Kick. Or Brick Break. Or Cross Chop.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
lol Tyranitar UnderUsed. Tyranitar DEFINES OU. Kills Blissey said:
~*CB*~
The 8th Champion
[/COLOR]
As awesome as Tyrannitar may be, there is one pokemon that totally destroys it: Breloom. The infamous dino has a 4x weakness to fighting, and a 2x weakness to grass, meaning that Breloom has a *MASSIVE* advantage typewise. Of course, my beloved shroom has inferior stats to T.Tar, so that could pose a problem.
I just thought of another neglected/UU Pokemon btw. Feraligatr! It's tiers underneath every other starter, but I never understood why. I know someone who reckons Feraligatr is the best starter ever: but then again, this guy also claims that Salamence is part water, prenounces Grovyle as 'Groh-vill' and thinks Heracross is worse than Pinsir, so I don,t really trust him.

L

Lleyr

Lleyr, you're my hero <3.

Yay. D:

As awesome as Tyrannitar may be, there is one pokemon that totally destroys it: Breloom. The infamous dino has a 4x weakness to fighting, and a 2x weakness to grass, meaning that Breloom has a *MASSIVE* advantage typewise. Of course, my beloved shroom has inferior stats to T.Tar, so that could pose a problem.

Yeah. Tyranitar could easily get an Aerial Ace (I'm not saying it's standard, just a possibility for this example) in to rip Breloom to shreds with it's average defense. The only hope Breloom would have for getting in the Sporepunch combo is having been Baton-Passed Agility... but T-tar could also take
advantage of Breloom's even poorer special-defense stat. :<

Well... Despite overwhelming evidence that Charizard is not as good as everyone makes it out to be, and that it can be downed very easily, I kinda grew into it.
Started with the anime, proved itself worthy in the game.

Using a favorite is perfectly acceptable in my book. :3 Charizard just isn't too great statistically, unless you're using him as a sort-of kamikaze battler (like Houndoom).

Wyndigo

Orange Champion
I like Persian. :shifts eyes: He doesn't deserve to be so underused.

Really, it's pretty good if it knows Hypnosis. Only problem is if Hypnosis misses, Persian's dead.

ChildOfInsanity

CRACKERS!!!!!!!
I’m not sure if it has been talked about, though I could look if I wasn’t so lazy, but what about Nosepass? I mean, as far as I can tell, it’s ok in defense and sp. Defense (I think), but it’s awful in every other category. It’s pretty UU as well, but I can see why. Unless, that is, if somebody can show me what I’m missing, where/why I’m wrong.

ChildOfInsanity said:
I’m not sure if it has been talked about, though I could look if I wasn’t so lazy, but what about Nosepass? I mean, as far as I can tell, it’s ok in defense and sp. Defense (I think), but it’s awful in every other category. It’s pretty UU as well, but I can see why. Unless, that is, if somebody can show me what I’m missing, where/why I’m wrong.
Same as Shuckle. Too much Defense, not enough HP. It avoided being NU by being able to kill Skarm. Magnet Pull, Taunt the Whirlwinds it plans to use, Thunderbolt every other turn. Whereas Skarm can't do anything to it. It's one of my favorite Pokémen, too ;D.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

General Blaze

Not the face!
How about Ursaring? I've never seen anyone use it.

ChildOfInsanity

CRACKERS!!!!!!!
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Same as Shuckle. Too much Defense, not enough HP. It avoided being NU by being able to kill Skarm. Magnet Pull, Taunt the Whirlwinds it plans to use, Thunderbolt every other turn. Whereas Skarm can't do anything to it. It's one of my favorite Pokémen, too ;D.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion
Ah! It does have some use! ^^ That's nice to know. It's sad how close it is to being never used. {=(
But what about Sunflora? It's awful in speed, pretty bad in HP, Attack, Defense, but it's pretty ok in S.A. and S.D. It may not be the best grass around, far from it, but it's still useable..right? Well, at any rate, I use it. ^^

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Lleyr said:
Yeah. Tyranitar could easily get an Aerial Ace (I'm not saying it's standard, just a possibility for this example) in to rip Breloom to shreds with it's average defense. The only hope Breloom would have for getting in the Sporepunch combo is having been Baton-Passed Agility... but T-tar could also take
advantage of Breloom's even poorer special-defense stat. >:

You've forgotten one very important factor: Effect Spore. Sure, Aerial Ace would rip Breloom to pieces, but it would have a nasty effect that might claim Tyrannitar later on. Since Effect Spore is random, T.Tar's user would be unable to predict it.
Yet another UU I've thought of is Grumpig, my favourite psychic type and 4th favourite Pokemon overall. It has acess to Light Screen, Magical Coat, Calm Mind, Substitute, the thick fat ability, and awesome special defence: so why is it UU?

P

~Phanpy~

I think a good UU pokemon is Fearow. Look at the speed and attack, and tell me a CB Fearow won't rip many a UU team to shreds...

~Phanpy~ ;231;

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Haven't you all remembered Furret? Furret is underrated and underused. Furret has a good Speed & Attack. Not to mention a amazing Movepool to counter those Special Sweepers. Furret is also easy to earn, so why not use it. I had a Lv50 Furret that took out a Lv60 Salamence. See what I mean?

I think a good UU pokemon is Fearow. Look at the speed and attack, and tell me a CB Fearow won't rip many a UU team to shreds...

Fearow is a really good Pokemon and I use it. It isn't under used, it's underrated.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Fearow... Not to sure about it, prefer Swellow.
If you ask me though, another UU Pokemon is Misdreavus. Why do we neglect the Pokemon so? It has access to Curse and Pain Split, which is good. Very... Good.
It helped me sweep through Red's Snorlax on Crystal, so why not?

P

~Phanpy~

If you ask me though, another UU Pokemon is Misdreavus. Why do we neglect the Pokemon so? It has access to Curse and Pain Split, which is good. Very... Good.
It helped me sweep through Red's Snorlax on Crystal, so why not?

Misdreavus isn't as good compared to other ghosts, Gengar can do everything Misdreavus can do (but Pain Split) and has better overall stats. That's why everyone overlooks Misdreavus, and anyway, Curse is only good for ingame purposes. Not saying that i don't like Misdreavus, just that there are better options out there.

~Phanpy~

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
~Phanpy~ said:

~Phanpy~ ;231;

Fearow is quite good. It can learn Drill Peck, arguably the best Flying Move in the game, which works well with it's great speed and attack.
A pokemon I don't get is Hariyama. Everywere on the forum people claim that Hariyama is a pathetic battler, and it has the bad movepool and stats to prove it. Yet it's very highup on the tier list: miles above seemingly superior fighters like Hitmonlee and Primeape. I simply don't get it.

D

Double Decker

I also overlooked Donphan, I can't remember him/her being used in a competative battle, yet it has decent attack. Porygon and Porygon 2 because... well they can just mainly do nothing! Spinda is also very UU and UR because of it's annoying presence within Ruby and Sapphire.

I used to think Entie was the most OU through te Legendary dogs, but found out that it s OR and it was Suicune that was OU in-game. Moltres is much more UU and UR due to Zapdos and Articuno being OU inside and outside of the game. Thoudg it doesn't have a very god movepool.

Oh and Butterfree is very UU and UR too...

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Butterfree, best thing about it is its spores.
Compoundeyes... :D
75% chance to inflict sleep is not joke at all.
Not to mention somewhat decent stats.

Misdreavus is good for 1v1 battles, or 2v2, not a team player, but as mentioned before, has Pain Split. Slaughters Resters for fun.

Ugh...

Oh well. Rants about this awful Pokémon discrimination aside, I can say that a vast majority of my favorite Pokémon are either UU or NU or whatever that's below OU.

My most favorite, Bellossom... so unloved and cast aside. :( She's very good, but needs a bit of support, which is a no-go for most. Plus, I understand that pretty much every other Grass Pokémon is better than her (With the possible exception of Parasect and Sunflora...). As most alternative Evolutions, her original counterpart is better in pretty much every way. I personally like both Vileplume and Bellossom, though I hate that Vlieplume steals all the attention. :(

She's actually OK. Her Defenses are quite decent, and she can last quite a while. Her Movepool is awful as hell (Few Grass Pokémon have good Movepools...), but it can be worked with. Too bad she doesn't gets Heal Bell (Instead of Heal Bell, she got Safeguard...), which would make so much sense (The equal of Aromateraphy, and Bellossom has a bell-esque shape... but no. Heal Bell is exclussive to pink blobs... -_-). I still love her and know she's a bit too underrated, but maybe that's OK. That way, she can get all the love from me. :)

Clouds

Fog Trainer
salmance has to be the most overated pokemon ever!
I dont know one person around my area who hasnt got one... only me who seems to stick to dragonite!

Status
Not open for further replies.