• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Under Used,Over Used,Under Rated,Over Rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

l3ite_me1313

I think Poliwrath and Kangaskhaun are very under-rated. They both have great stats. Sure, Poliwrath doesn't have a great moveset. But that's what TM's are for.

A

aeroblast50

Poliwrath is a great pokemon, although not as good as politoed it can be put to good use if used properly.

UnderUsed pokemon - Dustox & beautifly, no-one seems to have any need for these pokemon, I agree. with low defence stats these pokemon have massive type weaknesses against Ice, fire, lightning, flying and psychic.

OverUsed - Definately Salamence & Alakazam, almost everyone around my area has either one or both of these pokemon on their team, I just don't get why. I can wipe out any of these two pokemon instantly.

UnderRated - Tangela & sudowoodo, both proving to be quite hard to catch, also both never made much of an appearance in any of the games. Sure tangela was a Massive safari zone capture, but no-one seemed to take the time to look for it. Sudowoodo was too, well...... It was in the wrong place at the wrong time in G/S/C, No-one really used it, they just caught it for it's rarity. Sure he's back in Emerald version, but he's way after the Elite4, And I doubt anyone will think of using him, again due to him being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

OverRated - Blissey & Lapras, IMO These pokemon never really played a part in the games, nor did they show up much. they may have great individual stats, but people think too much of them.

Dunsparce

king krab kingler said:
Me again,I have to agree about Beedrill,It can also learn good moves like brick break,but since when could bees break bricks.

FYI, it's not called Brick Break in Japan o_O;

NEVER base and attack or Pokemon on their English names *coughtailglowcough*

A

aeroblast50

Dunsparce said:

Your SPAMing, not relating to the topic of the thread. oooo bad boy!!
Anyway, people can relate to move names whatever way they want to, so don't go annoying people becasue the prefer to say names in thier language, okay!

Anyway, ON TOPIC(Dunsparce read, you SPAMer)

Mewtwo has got to be ne of the most over used pokemn around, due to it's high stats and rarity, people see it as a legend lol.
I however don't like mewtwo!

Dunsparce

aeroblast50 said:
Anyway, ON TOPIC(Dunsparce read, you SPAMer)

You're the first person ever to complain about me doing that. I do it all the time to correct the uncorrected u_u

master chuckle said:
The infamous dino has a 4x weakness to fighting, and a 2x weakness to grass, meaning that Breloom has a *MASSIVE* advantage typewise.

When in God's name has Dark Type EVER been weak against Grass?!?!?

Underrated: Murkrow. It's good offensively, but lack Defenses. Tentacruel. I LOVE Tentacruel. It's a Jellyfish!!! How can that NOT be cool?

A

aeroblast50

Dunsparce said:
You're the first person ever to complain about me doing that. I do it all the time to correct the uncorrected u_u

When in God's name has Dark Type EVER been weak against Grass?!?!?

Underrated: Murkrow. It's good offensively, but lack Defenses. Tentacruel. I LOVE Tentacruel. It's a Jellyfish!!! How can that NOT be cool?

What was your reference to my quote all about?
I think he means because breloom is also the fighting type, which pwns tyranitars two types of ground/rock & dark.

Another underused pokemon(just so I stay on topic) is Ledian, what has this cute bug ever done to you? Not that good stats mind you! lol

K

Kyptointe Krunch

Graveler is underated IMO he might not have a perfect moveset but he's still great to have in ur party.
Laparas is overated IMO everyone that I know has a lapras,but for me its pretty lame.
Alakazam is overated for sure yeah he has great moves but he can get very weak if you dont tarin him alot.
Poliwhirl is undrused for me he is a great stas pokemon.
koffing is well overused,poison types never worked out for me especially koffing.
Rhydon is underused imo,hes the best rock type.
Farfect'd is underated imo hes the best normal/lying type aside from pidgeot.

I'll edit my post later and have more.

obada

frontier champion
I think Mewtwo is over used ,and kangashan under used.

L

l3ite_me1313

I also think Dewgong is Underused. But I understand why, it's just a copycat of a typical ice pokemon

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Don't diss Dragonite. I'd use it over Salamence any day, and its not UU its standard according to smogon (one step below Salamence but still). Pidgeot is UU, which makes me cry. I know Fearows better, but I have a soft spot for Pidgeot and always use it or its equivalent Swellow. And it has more staying power then its other flying/normal counterparts. Blissey and Skarmory are both overrated IMO. Skarry has a god awful movepool IMO that sort of detracts from its useability, and Blissey dies to physical attacks with ease. In terms of truly underrated, Mr. Mime. Its really pretty good and its a friggin mime, which owns

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
No one uses Kangaskhan.
No one uses Butterfree
Noctowl is powerful and can learn psychic moves, the best bird out of Pidgeot, Fearow, Swellow, and such.

L

Liminality

UnderUsed pokemon - Dustox & beautifly, no-one seems to have any need for these pokemon, I agree. with low defence stats these pokemon have massive type weaknesses against Ice, fire, lightning, flying and psychic.
You forgot Rock. :] I loved my Beautifly for the most part of my Emerald game because it was the second Pokémon I raised before I left town, and it was more a "why not?" thing than a "zomg i want powaful pokemonzzz!!"

Advice; Chill. Far from everybody know or can bother checking the moves' Japanese names. ;)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sunkern / Sunflora yet. Or maybe it's because it's so uu that everybody's forgotten about it? Or does some actually use it?
I've always thought Sunkern was adorable because of its eyes and plum body, but Sunflora is just freaky. HI I'M A HAPPY PLANT LOLOL. ;(

Munchlax --> Snorlax

He's The Daddy!
A lot of bug/poison pokemon are under used, but i use crobat, and shes brilliant, also man normal types are under used, and the prize for over used goes to.................................... Mewtwo

Clyde the master

Aloha, Lungfish!
Crobat's not bad, but overused. However close to the same they may be, Nidoking will always be used more than Nidoqueen. Obvious over used are starters. An under rated might be manectric, mightyeyna, or sharpedo. And nobody ues Sableye! The one pokemon that has the potential to be totally invincible(skill swap, Shedinja) is underused. Absol and Gardevior are also under used.

craka s

Journeyman
Gengar, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance and Metagross all appear to be overused, as do most legendaries.
I find almost no-one uses pokemon like Paras/Parasect, Delibird, Smeargle, Gulpin and Swalot, Koffing/Wheezing, Tauros, Yanma, Mr. Mime or Jynx.
(Although I don't blame anyone for not using Mr. Mime.)

Status
Not open for further replies.