• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Underappreciated? Over rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

I like shorts!
Name some pokemon that you believe to be very under rated and ones that are also over rated. i think the nido's are kinda under rated. really can't think of any over rated.

groudonlover

I make Banners
Heracross and Pinsir, just beacuse they are Bugs, everyone think they are weak...
They are veeeeeeeeery wrong...
And Milotic is over-rated, it is the Rarest non-legendary/non-event Pokemon ever, but it's pretty over-rated

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
poliwrath is under rated. that guy is awesome if you know how to use him....
as for over rated..... hmmm idk.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Underated would be the Nido's. They can be good in the right hands.
Overrated would be Zapdos. Just because he's a legendary and has some pretty good stats, he's not the best. There are normal pokemon that have very similar stats.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Overrated would be chansy, it has really bad stats appart from HP.
Underrated for me is tentacruel, all you need is TM's to make up for it's bad moveset and it can hold its own against even electric because of its high special defence.
I use a nido most times i can as they have great amounts of TM's they can use, as good as any normal pokemon.

Last edited:

mew801

Underated I would say is Poliwrath. It's like an amazing pokemon and no one really uses it!
Overrated would be The Legendary Birds. They're not that great guys.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
The main reason that poli line isn't used is because as far as I know from my friends and myself is that we hate fishing.
Wantto add on the nido thing the whole male line has been claimed by someone writing here.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
Overrated: Pikachu.
Underrated: Quilfish.

The Flash

I like shorts!
It depends on what level of competitive battling you're basing your ratings on.

just like everyday battling. and pikachu is definately over rated. he can deal a lot of damage but horrible defense. qwilfish? hm...never really thought of him as a underrated...actually. i think most poison types are over rated.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Heracross and Pinsir, just beacuse they are Bugs, everyone think they are weak...
They are veeeeeeeeery wrong...
And Milotic is over-rated, it is the Rarest non-legendary/non-event Pokemon ever, but it's pretty over-rated

No, Heracross is probably on every competetive teams nowadays

Underrated : Parasect, I mean come on, he is the only other POKéMON that can use Spore, and he's a good staller for me...... plus a great catching POKéMON combined with a False Swiper
Other underrated POKéMON : Golbat, Cloyster, Magneton, Arcanine, Sandslash, Arbok, Butterfree.....
Overrated : Chansey, the Birds, and maybe Mewtwo...... dont hate =(

EDIT: RANK UP!! RANK UP!! WOOT WOOT!! WOOT WOOT!!

Last edited:

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
No, Heracross is probably on every competetive teams nowadays

Underrated : Parasect, I mean come on, he is the only other POKéMON that can use Spore, and he's a good staller for me...... plus a great catching POKéMON combined with a False Swiper
Other underrated POKéMON : Golbat, Cloyster, Magneton, Arcanine, Sandslash, Arbok, Butterfree.....
Overrated : Chansey, the Birds, and maybe Mewtwo...... dont hate =(

EDIT: RANK UP!! RANK UP!! WOOT WOOT!! WOOT WOOT!!

Actually I have used Parasect and it has great attack.
I also find that lots of people I know or used to know had arcanine and cloyster.

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28

Hungry as a Snorlax
Over rated would be the three birds

underrated I cant really think of any that haven't already been said

It depends on what level of competitive battling you're basing your ratings on.

It's not competitive at all. The thread is to discuss the usage of the pokemon in the Fire Red/Leaf Green games.

Anyway, I don't think that the Nidos themselves are so underrated, but their special attack stats are. With both of them, the base stat is only 7 points lower than the base attack stat, and often when I suggest Ice Beam or some other special attack on them, I get a bunch of "Ice Beam on Nidoking? What the hell are you thinking?????".

As for what's overrated... Definitely Pidgeot. Really, it's not such a great pokemon, yet people use it on their teams all the time since it can be obtained early on in the game. Then, rather than abandoning it for something better, it gets used through the whole game.

Another thing that's overrated is the Charizard/Dragonite combination I see on too many teams. Really, they're not good pokemon to put together, as their sets of moves are pretty much the same.

As for what's underrated... Fearow is almost completely ignored. I mean, you get get it pretty much at the same time as Pidgey, plus it's better in most stats, and it looks cooler in my opinion.

The Flash

I like shorts!
i think charizard in general is over-rated. but dragonite is pretty solid. loads of tm's can be used on him. i like muk quite a bit, he's a bit under rated.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
More of a Pokepolls type question ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.