• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Underdog Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
tourny2.png

UPDATE:TOURNAMENT COMPLETED

Hello everyone and welcome to the Underdogs Tournament, where Pokémon RU and under can shine, hosted by the Pokegym's league!
This will be a tournament where you are only allowed to use Pokémon in the tiers RU and under, so Pokémon rarely seen in competitions can finally have the spotlight. The tournament will take place over a period of 3 days, beginning at Noon GMT 0 on Friday, September 19th, and ending Sunday, September 21st, at Noon GMT 0.

RULES:

1. You are permitted to use Pokémon from the RU,PU (new tier in progress), NU, NFE, and LC tiers in any number, so you can have a team of only LC pokemon, or a team with a little bit from each. This is a list which provides the tiers, but if you have any doubts, please pm me and I will respond.

2.We will be doing singles battles, following Smogons rules for RU and under.

3. The tournament will be done in Multi level format, with a set number of rounds being done. The only difference is that I will not assign battles, players will be responsible for setting up their own battles.
For example, for round one, I would battle against player A, and that would be my first round. I would then battle player B, and that would be my Round 2. You will be responsible for finding and battling people who have not completed all of their rounds. This is being done to accommodate players with limited time frames.

4.You are allowed to use 2 legends per team.

5.In order to participate, you must create a sign in post. In this post, please give your name, your ingame name, and your friend code. You will create another sign in post when you have your first battle in the tournament, and for that post, please follow this format:

Name:
Round #/Opponent
Result:

You will edit your second sign in post with this information for every battle you have. This will make it easier for me to keep track of scores.

PRIZES:
There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. There will also be 2 random participation prizes for 2 players who completed all of the rounds, but did not win the top prizes.

PRIZE 1: Shiny 5iv Adamant Charmander with Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Flare Blitz
PRIZE 2: 6iv Calm Heatran
PRIZE 3: Shiny 5iv Timid Noivern
RANDOM PRIZE 1: 5iv Timid male Cyndaquil in a Luxury ball (Flame burst,Extrasensory,Crush Claw, Flare Blitz)
RANDOM PRIZE 2: 5iv Timid Female Horsea in a Lure Ball

OTHER INFO:
On the day of the tournament, I will place a link to a chat where you can go to find players to battle. It does not require you to sign up, but please change your given name to your Serebii name so people will know who you are.

If you know what times you will be available on those 3 days, please write out what times they are on your sign up post.

In the event of a dc, if a player was going to win before the dc, that player is given the win. If it was too early to see who would have won, you will rebattle using the same starting Pokémon. When posting the results of a dc'd battle, please state that it was a dc.

Just a reminder, Politoed cannot have Drizzle, and Ninetales cannot have Drought, but you are allowed to use them with their other abilities.

In the event that this thread closes, the tournament will continue, but scores and matchups will be put up in the Pokegyms thread.

Have fun with making your teams! The lower tiers have many different Pokémon to pick from, so be creative!

Last edited:

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Looking forward to this tourney to see some new pokemon in battles.
Also Smogon has a new tier called PU which is in between RU and NU. I think Emolga is in its S rank.
Also DT...is it called Underdogs or Underdog? I'll redo the banner if it's called the underdog tournament.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN! COMPLETE ALL 5 ROUNDS BY SUNDAY!
If you have any concerns, please pm me, I will be around for TODAY ONLY! And remember, you cannot change your teams after your first battle. In the event that,by Sunday, some people who initially signed up do not battle at all, anyone with rounds remaining can battle someone who has completed their rounds. The results will count towards YOUR score, but not for the people who have completed their 5 rounds already. However, you still may not battle the same people twice.

Tournament Spreadsheet
This sheet can be edited by anyone. When you complete a round, please fill in your opponents name, as well as the results in the appropriate columns.
Official Chat Room
Use this Chatroom to set up your battles. When you enter, please change your random name to your Serebii name so that people will know who you are.

Last edited:

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
I'll do an advanced sign up. However I do believe I have some plannings being made for that weekend as well. So I figure I'll do the whole sign-up/reserve a spot for a sign up now and see what's happening later. Team is kinda built, but I don't think I have to do much breeding at this point.

Username: Morokei
IGN: Keikei
FC: 0576-4814-2765

Edit #2: Team is bred and trained. Assuming I'm free next wekend, I'm ready to go.

Edit #3: Work schedule is free, but im on call, in for the tourny

Last edited:

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Making an advanced sign-in as well. Wouldn't miss this toury for the world.

User: LeafeonTheVoid
IGN: Reavis
FC: 1005-9620-0912

I'm all in!!

Username: MasterGohan
IGN: Kenny
FC: 5343-8655-7879

I can't wait!!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hmmm... after figuring out the schedule, thank goodness it's one of those tourneys where I can set up a time to challenge my opponents. xD
(Noon GMT = 4 AM for me; plus, I have one class that morning, and don't get home till after around noon my time.)
Here's my early sign-up. Thankfully, I already have a couple of mons in this tier and under raised already. lol

Username: SilverLanayru
IGN: Tricia
FC: 1977-0801-2134

AzureCharizard

Really? Come on now.
Username: AzureCharizard
IGN: Dante
FC: 0791-2425-2961

i have fridays off from school but idk about work so ill try to be on as much as possible on the day of the tournament. dont really need to breed since my battle ready pokemons are grouped by tiers so i shouldnt have a problem making a ru or lower team

Cutty

Forever now
Username: Cutty
IGN: Cutty
FC: 2449 6004 1037

Might PM DragonT to make sure my team is legal. There should be a link to the tier list though.

Username: Artorius
IGN: Artorius
FC: 0447 6483 5483

venom1950

Ace Trainer
The tournament has started about an hour ago! I'm ready to battle if anyone is on. btw i think we have a problem on the spreadsheet. i think DT left the view only option on. :/

IGN: Alen
FC: 2294-4517-3671

Round #1
Opponent: Leafeon
Result: 5:2 (forfeit) Loss
You said it all. It was a hax battle :D gg

Round #2 (re-battle)
Opponent: Cutty
Result: 4:2 Loss (forfeit)
Same as the first time. :D gg

Round #3
Opponent: AmazingChi
Result: 2:0 Loss
Best battle so far. Intense to the max. gg

Round #4
Opponent: saPower1000
Result: 5:2 (forfeit) Loss
The same situation as in the first two battles. Blocked by a certain type. gg

Round #5
Opponent:
Result:

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Sign in. Will edit this post for results. I'm available for battle now or anytime you see me online on forums.
Just shoot me a vm/pm if you want to battle me :)
IGN: Cutty
FC: 2449 6004 1037

Round: One
Opponent: LeafeonTheVoid
Result: 5-3 (forfeit) my loss
Why I feel like Im going to have more of stall battles again? Lol. Over 30 minutes this one o_O

Round: Two (rematch, my first team n his are illegal)
Opponent: venom1950
Result: 2-4 my win.
I think you're good. Gg :)

Round: Three
Opponent: AmazingChi
Result: 4-0 my loss
Its actually pretty close as some of his mons are in the brink of death. Just not my luck for now. Gg :)

Round: Four
Opponent: TheShoveler
Result: 3-0 my loss
Wrong prediction w/ Electrivire n overplayed. Gg :)

Round: Five
Opponent: Artorius
Result: 1-2 (forfeit) my win
Yay finally another win. Not so bad this tourney. Gg :)

So glad I could complete all rounds. Good luck to others :)

Last edited:

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Signing in. Good luck to everyone!!! :D

IGN: Reavis
FC: 1005-9620-0912

Round: First
Result: my win 5-3 (forfeit)

Intense battle from beginning to end. Watch out for this one guys!

Round: Second
Opponent: venom1950
Result: my win 5-2 (forfeit)

Another great battle! Luck as a bit of a factor in this match. ^^'

Round: Third
Opponent: MasterGohan
Result: my loss 0-4

Great match! I was utterly destroyed... ^^'

Round: Fourth
Result: my loss 0-4

Brutally owned in this one...GG nonetheless though man! :D

Round: Fifth/Final
Opponent: Wego
Result: my win 1-0

I have to say, this was the most intense battle I've had in a long time...you just have to watch, it was really back and forth: C2HW-WWWW-WWW9-PVCQ

Last edited:

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Seems I'm unconvential in who I chose to train, so have plenty of candidates, count me in. Should I make a second post or just edit in this one?

Username: Amazingchi
IGN: Chi
FC: 0146-9884-2064

Round: First
Opponent: ven1950
Result: Win 2-0
Very good battle, very close! Came down to making the right predictions at the right times and having a speed advantage at the end.

Round: Second
Opponent: MasterGohan
Result: Win 3-0
Cor, I need to catch my breath after that. That was an epic saga of a battle! War of attrition that's for sure. Taking out what I felt was your biggest threat to my team early on gave me the momentum but you got back in it but smart plays that paid off at the end got it for me in the end. Could have easily gone either way!

Round: Third
Result: Loss 2-4
Just nothing I could do about one of the Pokemon. Well played too, mind you!

Round: Fourth
Result: Win 4-0
Taking out the two biggest threats before scoring the hax at the right time got me this one, good game.

Round: Fifth
Opponent: TheShoveler
Result: Loss 2-0
Losing Delphox earlier did it for me. Completely forgot about a priority move and that was it really, damage limitation from then on. Lost a couple of Pokemon from praying they could take a hit when they couldn't but, 2-0 wasn't bad considering. Also: FAIRY. I knew fairies would be a problem after saPower's win and again somewhat undid me here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.