• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Underlings of Darkrai' Conquest (Sign-Up)

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
This thread is rated PG-13, for minor swearing and slight obsession with World Domination.

This is an old RPG that I made a while back and I recently came across it again, so I decided to give it a try. I'm FPM and I'll be the GM for this RPG, with the possibility of a co-owner later on. Anyway, on to the good stuff.

(Side Note: For those of you who haven’t played Pokemon Colosseum or XD, shadow pokemon are pokemon that have had their hearts artificially closed and are therefore more powerful and angry than normally)

Plot

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* This is your emergency alert system. Please stay tuned for farther information. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

This was the sound heard on all broadcasting devices throughout the pokemon world.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* Police have just confirmed the release of millions of so-called ‘shadow pokemon’ into the regions of the world. This shadows are made to be ultimate fighting machines. They have no emotions, and are hard to control. All eligible trainers that can help in the fight against these invaders, are asked to report to the Indigo Plateau as soon as possible and receive there assignments from the new appointed Elite Four. These shadow pokemon are beasts. If you confront one, you should not engage it, but you should contact the Elite Four right away. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

As this broadcast was airing, a new criminal organization was putting the finishing touches on their most recent batch of shadow pokemon.’ Although shadow pokemon were originally created by the joint workings of Cipher and Snagem, this new gang had a secret ingredient, the “H” Factor, that made this new shadows even more reckless and powerful. This new organization refers to themselves as the ‘Underlings of Darkrai’ and are known by the rest of the world as ‘Darkrai’s Soldiers.’

The Champion and the Elite 4 have recruited many strong pokemon trainers to fight against this onslaught of shadows and this army has managed to keep most of the world vital areas unharmed. However, the threat of shadows is still very much alive, and won’t be put to rest until the Darkrai HQ is found and production of the new shadows has ceased. Trainers all around the world have take to the search, from beginning trainers eager to teat their skills, to seasoned veterans with untold experience. Will you be the one to take down the ‘Underlings of Darkrai’ and be proclaimed as a pokemon hero? Only time will tell.

Rules
1) Follow all Sppf rules. We don't want to get this RPG closed.
2) Respect all of the players. Keep arguments between the fictional characters.
3) As stated before, this thread is rated PG-13. This allows for mild swearing to prove a point, but don't go overboard, and don't swear OOC.
4) Watch the length/quality of your RP posts. I want lengthy, well written posts.
5) No 'Power Playing.' It wrecks the game for the rest of the players. I get that some roles are generally stronger than other, but these players should balance out their skills by battling stronger opponents.
6) Limit your Bunnying. I will allow a tiny bit of bunnying, but limit your use. Don't have someone's character go throw himself off a cliff.

Roles

Champion (GM Role)
Elite 4 Trainer-2 Left
Gym Leader-2 Left
Trainer- Infinite
Beginning Trainer-3 Left
Ranger-1 Left
Snagger-0 Left
Darkrai Solider-Infinite

(Role Note: Rangers are the only role able to capture shadow pokemon, to counter-act their low battle skills.)

Champion- The Champion of the Pokemon League. As soon as the invasion started, he was called in along with the Elite 4 to help defeat the shadow pokemon. Being the Champion, he has many connections, and is well known and respected all over the world. He also has the best battle skills in the world, and is normally undefeatable.

Elite Four Trainer- A member of the Elite Four. They are elite trainers and have mad battle skills, but they tend to stick to one type of pokemon. They are also needed in each of their regions, and therefore can’t travel outside their own region. Like the Champion, they have many connections and are well known in they own regions.

Gym Leader- A leading trainer of a Pokemon Gym. They have great battle skills, but they tend to stick to one type of pokemon. They don’t have many connections, but they are well known around their separate regions. They are the first line of defense for there regions, along with the Elite 4 trainers.

Trainer- A normal Pokemon trainer. They were recruited to fight the shadow pokemon, and are the main bulk of the forces.

Beginning Trainer- A trainer just starting out on path to being a Pokemon Master. These trainers are ones of untold skill, and most likely have a mentor, like a Pokemon Professor. Due to the mentoring, they are highly intelligent, and know much about the pokemon they train.

Ranger- A Pokemon Ranger who uses a Styler to commutate to Pokemon. This way of capturing pokemon, although not as effective as poke balls, allows for a better relationship with their pokemon. Recent advancements in technology allow the rangers to keep the pokemon they capture with the Styler, if they choose to do so. Also, Prof. Hastings has developed a new adapter for the Styler, that enhances it power, allowing for more of a ranger’s true feelings to be conveyed. This also allows the rangers to convey their feelings to shadow pokemon, and therefore allow them to purify them by going to the luminous stone in the Almia region. They have no real life battle experience, but do have some simulator practice, and can battle if need be.

Snagger- A rouge on the wrong side of the law, a Snagger is part the Special Operations division of Team Snagem that capture pokemon in order to turn them in shadows. These Snaggers are the leaders of the Shadow invasion, because the higher up have been recalled to base. Snagger have a powerful machine called a Snag Machine, which allows them to take other Trainers pokemon. These Snag Machines, however, are out-of-date and can’t handle the new shadow pokemon. A Snagger can raise normal shadows (not injected with the "H" Factor shadows) they have received from HQ, but their Snag Machines can’t snag shadows, just normal pokemon.

Darkrai Solider - A lackey of the criminal organization ‘Underlings of Darkrai.’ Many of these trainers where dispatch for Darkrai HQ in order to gather information on the new and improved shadow pokemon. Each one is given a shadow pokemon and monitors their performance as they carry out missions from HQ. Considered to be the ‘evil’ role. The bulk of this force is centered around Darkrai HQ in Kanto, but some higher ups have been sent to investigate in other regions.

Sign-Up Sheet

Trainer
Name: (First and Last)
Nickname: (Optional)
Hometown/Current Residence: (Include both please)
Role: (List Above)

Appearance: (5+ lines)
Personality: (6+ lines)
History: (6+ lines)

(Side Note: Please complete a separate Pokemon information field for each pokemon, even the ones in your storage box)

Pokemon
(Up to six per Trainer, can store extra Pokemon in the Storage Box)
Species: (No Legends unless pre-approved by the GM)
Nickname: (Optional/Not for Shadows)
Appearance:
Personality: (3+ lines/Take into account the enraged personality of a Shadow if you have one)
Origin: (Where did it come from?/How did you get it?)

RP Sample: (8+ Lines/Can be a post from a different RPG)

Approved Members
1) Yamiko Murakage - Snagger (Kiruria)
2) Sebastian Pincher - Gym Leader ~Bug-Type~ (The Benmeister)

Pending Members
1) Dac Eldritch - Beginning Trainer (Dac Eldritch)
2) Jin Smith/Dominic Smith - Trainer (ace_45)

Reserved Spots

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hm! This sounds like a rather interesting RPG! In fact, I know just the character for this! I'm planning on having two characters, one of which will be a Snagger, another which will be... something else, not one of the limited spaces. But it works, right? In Colosseum, the guy with the Snagem Machine had a partner traveling around with him. I want to go for a similar couple here (though they'll be completely original, I assure you), except this time it'll be the girl with the snagging device. Would that be alright?

So yes, a reserve for the Snagger please. I should hopefully have my signup done by tomorrow, and definitely no later than Thursday.

Also, a question: Can the normal Shadow Pokemon be purified in this RPG, like they could be in Colosseum/XD? I say that because I was thinking of my Snagger having a Pokemon or two who once was Shadow but isn't anymore, if possible.

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Hey Kiruria, thanks for your interest. As of right know, there is only one Snagger spot open, so I'll reserve you for it. Might add more of those spots if its a popular role.

Anyway, I would prefer if your second 'helper' character was a NPC that just followed you around. You could control there minor actions and conversations, but not have them battle or something like that. Other than that, your plan is fine.

As for the shadows, normal, non-"H" shadows can be purified by way of the Relic Stone, so yes, you can have purified shadows. (The Purify Camber hasn't been invented yet. Might add it during the RPG, might not.)

Contestcrush

This RPG sounds really awesome!! I loved all the pokemon games and RPGs that i've tried and this is by far the most intersting one that i've heard of yet :D
and i would LOVE to be a beginning trainer if i could...It would be really great if you could reserve that spot for me... xD
I should have the sign up sheet done soon. By the way, do i post the sign up sheet here or PM it to you???

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Well, glad to have other interested player. Your reserved for a beginning trainer. I would prefer this role to have one unevolved starter Pokemon, but I'm not going to require it. Lastly, you post your sign-up in the thread.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Contestcrush: What can I say about your sign-up?

For starters, I think the Appearance and Personality should be in sentence form, sort of like the History sentence. Even this could use some good work in the grammar/sentence form areas. You should also include some more reason behind her actions. For example, why did she choose to become a research assistant? As for the Pokemon fields, I'm willing to let the Appearance areas go, but the Personality area should also be in sentence form, as well as the Origin. You could also add another Pokemon that has a deeper back story than 'given to her as a gift.' You also did not include a RP Sample.

As of right now, I'm going to have to deny your sign-up. I don't believe it is up to the standards I am hoping for in this RPG. I invite you to revamp your sign-up and try again at a later date. First you might want to take a look at this. Its a sign-up help thread. I also think you should take a look at this sign-up I made for a different RPG. I hope you will redo your sign-up and try again.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Ba da da da da - here's my signup! I just hope it's not too long, for I am notorious for that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--Trainer--

Name:
Yamiko Murakage
Hometown: Saffron City, Kanto
Current Residence: Her foster parents currently live in the Orange Islands, but Yamiko hasn't returned home in quite a while--she's currently wandering around Orre, and has sort of a temporary residence in the Under.
Role: Snagger

Appearance: Yamiko is built as gently as a faery (although she has no wings nor magical powers of course)--her skin is smooth and soft and her body is light and quite flexible, though a little on the thin side. She's 5'2" tall and has a pleasant peach tone to her skin, and her eyes are a deep indigo. Her straight, soft hair falls down to her chest and is the colour of blood--though more black on the inside. Atop her head is a black hat with a blue and purple band around it.

Yamiko likes to be just a tad bit fashionable in her clothing, and her hat is only one example. Her shirt is a deep mauve in colour with broad navy blue stripes. Its sleeves are long enough to almost cover her hands, but they have hidden buttons on the inside that can attach to the inside of the elbows, so Yamiko can wear the sleeves at mid-length too. Her blue jeans flare out a bit near the bottom, where they end in more blue and purple stripes and slightly cover her black sneakers. Yamiko also carries a large black shoulder bag with a rectangular shape and hints of a purple Darkrai design on it.

Sometimes, Yamiko wears a black trenchcoat over that outfit, one whose sleeve just barely covers up her Snag Machine. She wears this whenever she wants to use the Snag Machine, but doesn't want people around her knowing she's affiliated with the team.

Personality: Yamiko most often has a somber yet calm air about her, the same feeling as if she were sitting in bed and staring out the window, contemplating things. She's definitely not an outgoing or overly optimistic person, but she is definitely emotional, so much that her very existence seems to revolve around "feeling" the situation at hand. And not only is she good at feeling emotions, but reading them as well. She can often get a hint of what another person is feeling, often the deepest spiritual sense of it. She can also notice pretty easily when a place is haunted or otherwise tainted by a ghostly presence. However, by no means is she a mind reader or anything close.

Yamiko is also quick to agree with someone, and she's not very likely to raise an objection to a decision or suggestion. Nor does she judge people, especially on their occupation or reputation. She finds that she frequently gives people chances, maybe even too many. It is because of this that someone can easily take advantage of her. When that happens, she becomes very vengeful of that person, but she's more likely to have wish the worst for that person than to try to find them and take revenge. Still, of someone harms her directly, she won't hesitate to fight back in an aggressive manner. Sometimes she even overdoes this.

Yamiko has a penchant for visual beauty in general, and keeps an open mind about things. Hardly anything offends or scares her, not even the most gruesome and disturbing stuff out there. She also has a respectful attitude towards people, although people often see her as rather avoidant. This is because she hardly ever looks at a person's face and never into their eyes, even if she's talking to them.

But remember that Yamiko's name means "child of darkness". She has a hard time apologising to people and expressing gratitude, being more likely to slip quietly out of a conversation. Though she does try to be nice to most people, she does pity many of them, especially with her secret wish for all the Average Joes in the world to be available as slaves. And she only feels guilty for hurting someone when someone else is there to scold her about it. If she can lie, cheat, or steal to get what she wants, she will. Probably her greatest skills are in lying, hiding, keeping secrets, and appearing innocent. Another thing she hates doing is following orders. However, she will never blatantly refuse one--instead she will bend it to her own advantage and do a lot of side stuff with it. Perhaps it was her upbringing by a magician that preluded her sneaky nature.

Let's see... time for the miscellaneous information. Yamiko hates sunny weather, except on mornings. She has quite an interest in the ways of magic and spirituality, and even caught on to the idea of worshipping the legendary Pokemon. Recently, she has done many things "in the name of Darkrai" especially, Darkrai being one of her favourite Pokemon. (You can imagine how surprised she was upon finding out about its supposed "underlings".)

History: After Celia Murakage died at the age of 92, she put a curse on her family, though nobody knows why. As a result, her granddaughter Mai died while giving birth to Yamiko. So Yamiko lived with her father, a stage magician known as Happy Dan. In the first three years, Yamiko had several opportunities to perform with him, usually on the street or a corner in a park, and to learn some of his tricks as well. However, after he contracted a type of arthritis that weakened his hands, he and Yamiko ended up homeless. But at the time she and Dan did a lot of exploring around town, especially to places where the Pokemon were, such as the parks and the surrounding routes. During one visit to the park, Yamiko met a small boy named Edwin, who was also homeless. The two didn't see each other for very long, but Edwin gave Yamiko a stuffed Mew doll he had, one which looked kind of old and very unlike the Mew plushies found at the mall. Even after she was too old to sleep with stuffed Pokemon, she would still keep this doll for years afterward, for mysterious sentimental reasons.

Eventually the police decided Yamiko lived in "unsafe conditions", and thus took her away and placed her in an orphanage. While there, she missed Dan dearly, spending more time grieving over him than with the other children. However, she did find some happiness when storytime came along--fairytales and fantasy stories especially intrigued her. Moreover, she started taking ballet lessons at that time, which immediately became something she loved to do. In the years afterward, she found that dancing was the perfect way for her to express her emotions in a way that was universally understandable. This interest eventually got the attention of a lesbian couple who came along to adopt her, for one was a ballet instructor herself.

Barbara and Brenda were very nice and modestly wealthy, and they lived in a modestly sized city near the beach. Yamiko also had an adopted sister named Penelope, but she didn't care for her much because she seemed like a prissy, stuck-up athlete. By contrast, Yamiko liked to spend time on the computer, especially an MMORPG called Pokemon Virtual, which was basically a simulation of a Pokemon journey. It was here that her interest in Pokemon grew even more.

Then Yamiko had a dream. In it, the ghost of Celia danced around her, and some unknown ghost Pokemon stood in the background. Celia told Yamiko that in order to remove the curse she put on her, she must visit her house in Kanto and defeat her in a Pokemon battle. However, Celia also said that she must also "take the other step" to remove the curse, and Yamiko had no idea what that meant. Still, the part about the battle was clear to her. Upon deciding her purpose, Yamiko woke up in the middle of the night, gathered together some belongings at the last minute, snuck out of the house, and boarded the first ferry headed to Kanto... But she picked the wrong ferry by accident, and ended up in Hoenn instead.

Even that wasn't all bad--when Yamiko passed by Mt. Pyre, a Misdreavus appeared before her, having apparently belonged to Celia long ago. This sounded a bit fishy, but Yamiko didn't really feel like begging Professor Birch for a Treecko. Besides, she found a Ralts to capture later on, and did modestly well in Pokemon contests, especially. However, she wasn't the luckiest trainer out there. One day while in the vicinity of Slateport, Yamiko thought it would be a good idea to take the ferry to Lilycove City. But apparently she didn't learn from last time that she had bad luck with ferries. A small group of people in weird uniforms hijacked the boat, sending it far away from Hoenn. Talk of a "Team Snagem" floated around the ferry, and a bunch of Pokemon battles started on deck. Soon enough, Yamiko found herself being challenged by a "Snagem" member, sending out her Kirlia first. She did fairly well in the battle, but then was surprised when the Snagem person used some device on his arm to snag the Kirlia right out of her grasp. That person left the boat immediately.

Not wanting Laverne to suffer the same fate, Yamiko went to hide in an empty hall, but her precious Mew doll fell out of her bag somewhere on the way. Moments later, she saw a young man coming by to pick up the fallen doll, examining it as if it looked familiar. Seeing that he wasn't a Snagem person, Yamiko approached him, explaining the doll was hers. After a conversation along this tangent, Yamiko discovered that he was Edwin, the boy Yamiko had met in the park so long ago! ...Except he was much older now and had changed his name to Lupin. Apparently he had done some spying on Team Snagem lately, and also enjoyed stealing things. Moreover, he had a plan of spying on the team, finding out more about the shadow Pokemon and hopefully finding a way to stop them.

By then, Yamiko liked the idea of secretly infiltrating an evil organisation. Ever since she had heard of the elite dragon trainer Lance disguising himself as a member of Team Magma to assist in its defeat, she had wondered about doing a similar thing to some similar team, and she enjoyed wandering into secret places anyway. Besides, she wanted her Kirlia back. So Yamiko and Lupin, together with three other friends called the "Black Cat Bandits", set up a mission to do just that: spy on Team Snagem. And much of that plan involved joining the team, though under different names.

While Lupin spent a lot more time spying on the team itself, it was Yamiko who got the Snag Machine and went around kidnapping Pokemon. At first she really didn't want to do this, but figured that if and when Snagem disbanded, she would try to return all the Pokemon to their original owners. But for now, she and Laverne had a bit of fun snagging Pokemon. Instead of battling trainers for them, they preferred to sneak into their homes and such, Laverne weakening them and spiriting them away while the trainer was asleep. For once Laverne was becoming useful, delightfully useful in fact.

Meanwhile, Lupin finally found the Snagem member who took Yamiko's Kirlia, slipping all of his balled Pokemon right out of his pocket. Yamiko was overjoyed to have Guinevere back, but there was one problem: she had been turned Shadow. In fact, Yamiko hardly recognised her at first, especially since she didn't even answer to her nickname. Over the next few weeks, Yamiko focused a bit more on trying to bring Guinevere back to her senses, but wasn't having much luck. If that wasn't enough, Team Snagem had by then joined forces with another team, Cipher, who also worked with shadow Pokemon. So for a while the Black Cat Bandits shifted their attention to Cipher, wanting to see what they were up to. Yamiko was especially fascinated by their Shadow Pokemon Lab, interested in knowing how Pokemon's hearts could be locked.

One day when Yamiko and Lupin were in Agate Village, they decided to visit the Relic Stone once more in an attempt to purify Guinevere, making her no longer Shadow. However, standing guard in front of the path to it were more strange uniformed men, who wanted Shadow Pokemon. Thus they ended up in a chase, all throughout the village. Eventually Lupin successfully distracted them by running away with a Kirlia doll, but this only caused him to be taken away by those strange people, taken who knew where.

Yamiko was left alone on the ferry to Pyrite Town with some of Lupin's most important belongings, including his Pokemon and Pokenav. Immediately Yamiko headed into hiding in the Under, where the Black Cat Bandits set up a temporary residence. Though Lupin's fate really disturbed her, she had a feeling that continuing his endeavours to put an end to those who want to control the world through Shadow Pokemon would somehow help with the elusive curse. Speaking of Shadow Pokemon, one of the first things she learned about was something called the H Factor, which made Shadow Pokemon more powerful and harder to purify. Then there were the Underlings of Darkrai, the organisation behind the H-Factor, based in Kanto apparently. Perfect--this was also where Celia was.

--Pokemon--

Species:
Mismagius
Nickname: Laverne
Appearance: Laverne is about of average size, and is the usual deep grayish shade of purple. The ovals on her dress are a deep crimson colour, reminiscent of a Duskull's eye. The odd thing is that the tufts on the sides of her hat look like little navy-blue hands, and she often waves them around like hands when preparing an attack. The other oddity is the normal-looking smile on her face rather than the jaggedy red line most Mismagius have.
Personality: Mismagius are known to be mischievous. Laverne still is so, but seems to have "matured" quite a bit--she doesn't really like to scare people as much. However, she still has a very sadistic nature. Causing pain to others is a wonderful source of energy to her, just as much as any sort of fear is. Stealing energy from others is a much-enjoyed pastime for her. And in her wicked methods of toying with her victims, she likes to get a bit creative. This has led her to experiment quite a bit with her attacks, forming shapes out of them (her favourite is making her Dark Pulse resemble a dragon). But this can't change the effect of the attack--just the appearance.

But Laverne doesn't exactly fit the cookie-cutter of a Mismagius personality otherwise. Deep inside, she is actually benevolent, not prone at all to bearing grudges, except maybe for short periods of time during a battle or something. And as long as her lust for demise is at bay, she is very loyal to those she trusts, and seeks the best in them. She also loves to do favours for her friends, as well as to tease people who are afraid of the dark or other petty things. Perhaps she believes in "Shadowism" and seeks to enlighten others with it. Naturally, because she's a ghost Pokemon, she readily shares her opinions about death.

Origin: Laverne was Yamiko's first Pokemon. Long ago, when she was still a Misdreavus, she used to belong to Celia, Yamiko's great-grandmother. But Celia captured her late in her life, and already had a few fully-evolved Pokemon like Shedinja and Banette. Thus, she was the weak little outcast. However, when she heard of a curse Celia wanted to put on Yamiko, Laverne got excited, spending the next few years searching for Yamiko, just to see what she was like. She battled a few Pokemon and consulted a few Xatus, her goal being to be on par with Celia's other Pokemon. And as is said in Yamiko's History, Laverne finally met Yamiko shortly after her arrival in Hoenn. As another fun fact, Lupin gave Yamiko a Dusk Stone shortly after meeting up with her--you can easily guess who she used it on.

Species: Kirlia
Nickname: Guinevere, but she still doesn't quite identify with it, being a Shadow Pokemon still.
Appearance: They say a Kirlia grows beautiful when being around lots of positive emotions. But the emerald-green hue of a Kirlia's legs and "hair" is more of a dull marble green in Guinevere, and she is a bit smaller than usual, easily able to curl up in Yamiko's arms (which she doesn't do anymore). And her horns look a bit weathered, as if they were made out of wood and glued onto her head. The fiery red colour of her eyes does not complement this appearance at all, but it clearly comes from the ferocity of being a Shadow Pokemon.
Personality: Did I not mention that Guinevere is still a shadow Pokemon? Before she became shadow she was moody and sensitive as a Kirlia typically is, but nowadays the only "emotion" she shows is anger, or frustration. And she shows it a lot. She can easily pick a fight, even with someone who's clearly stronger than her. She doesn't even cry when she gets beaten. Nor does she like to dance like she used to. But she does like to do fancy moves during a fight, like the kinds one sees in cheesy martial-arts movies. Indeed, now she likes to fight with her hands and fists, rather than use any form of psychic power. She used to have a telepathic connection to Yamiko, as many psychic Pokemon do with their trainers, but that too has been lost.

But things are kind of looking up... When in a secluded area with nobody to battle, or just after a battle, Guinevere does show much less of the typical Shadow Pokemon signs, and even shows hints of an emotion at times, especially if someone nearby is feeling it as well. In this state she is easily relaxed, if not completely back to her usual self. Music seems to calm her as well.

Origin: When Yamiko first started her Pokemon journey, she didn't really trust Laverne, because she used to belong to Celia. Fortunately Laverne did like to battle, so Yamiko eventually convinced the mysterious Misdreavus to battle a wild Ralts that appeared. Yamiko ended up having to chase the Psywave-tormented Ralts to make sure Laverne didn't defeat it. Fortunately, it was easy to capture when weakened by Laverne draining its fear. Because of this, Guinevere has had a hatred of Laverne for quite some time, a hatred that was mysteriously eliminated when she turned Shadow.

Species: Mightyena
Nickname: Artemis
Appearance: The lighter parts of Artemis's fur are a lavender colour, the darker parts pitch black. But she has a black nose and hazel eyes instead of red. She's about average size, though a little underweight.
Personality: Artemis really lives up to her name. She is definitely a motherly figure, acting like the alpha female of the pack. Thus she keeps a close watch on those dear to her, and cares deeply about their well-being. But she's not an over-protective "mother"--remember she's a Mightyena, not a Gardevoir. If a threat approaches she might growl at it, but is not the first to jump in and fight. Calm and level-headed, she responds well to stress and tries her best to have a good temper. However, sometimes she fails miserably at this, due to instinct, or maybe a memory of being a Shadow Pokemon. There are those seemingly random times when she turns aggressive, but these times seem concentrated around the full moon for some reason.
Origin: Artemis was originally a Shadow Mightyena kept by Team Snagem. She was there for temporary storage until a member needed an extra Pokemon for battles and such. So for the longest time she was trapped in a labeled Pokeball in a storage room. Well, when Lupin (see Yamiko's History) snuck into this storage room at one time, he saw there was a Shadow Mightyena present and became interested, Mightyena being one of his favourite Pokemon (part of how he got his name). She was still Shadow when Yamiko and Lupin got together, but recently got purified at the Relic Stone. As mentioned in Yamiko's History, Lupin left Yamiko all his Pokemon before being taken away by the Underlings of Darkrai (his other favourite Pokemon, unfortunately), so now a benign Artemis travels around with Yamiko.

Species: Arcanine
Nickname: Rigel
Appearance: Rigel is the name of a big blue star. This Arcanine got the name because of his big blue eyes (well, they were big when he was a Growlithe at least). His fur coat is a dark shade of red, the white tufts being more white than cream-coloured. But Rigel is known for being big and strong and proud, and can carry two moderately-sized people on his back while still running fairly well. This makes him an excellent form of transportation, especially for Yamiko and Lupin while they travelled around Orre.
Personality: As big as Rigel is, he can be a coward at times, especially in spooky settings. He's more likely to whimper in the face of danger than bark loudly like most dog Pokemon would. And while both Lupin and Artemis are nocturnal, Rigel is the oddball who likes the sunshine. He does have a sunny and playful nature, liking to cuddle up to something when he sleeps, and the smile on his face is not easily turned upside-down. However, he is a bit impatient and restless, and running around is a good way for him to get rid of all that extra energy he has. Battling is not. Rigel isn't that much of a battler, though he'll attack something as a guard. In battles he tends to not focus well, resulting in him being careless, not to mention he can easily misunderstand a battle order.

Rigel also enjoys making friends with people and other Pokemon, though he gets uncomfortable around Shadow Pokemon. Then there are his romantic urges--it's very easy for him to fall in love with a lovely four-legged female Pokemon, kind of like a "Brock Complex" I suppose. And yes, this includes feeling hopelessly ashamed upon rejection. Another little quirk of his is the blatant complaints he makes to anyone present when he's hungry. All of these characteristics used to annoy Lupin to no end, but hopefully Yamiko can handle him a bit better.
Origin: Yes, you guessed it--another Pokemon Yamiko inherited from Lupin.

--RP Sample--
After departing from the dune buggy, Yamiko was immediately confronted with winds and sandstorms blowing through the area, and the sun beating down on her from overhead. Yet there it was, as the driver pointed out--the tunnel that led into the cave of wonders, so to speak.

So my journey starts here, Yamiko thought as she walked along. The quest to defeat Celia starts here, in this... desert, great. First I have to enter that tunnel, obviously.

And so Yamiko walked across the sandy floor, pulling the bottom of her shirt back down over her pants so that sand would not get in between them. Here she was thankful for wearing a hat, so as to make it less likely that her hair would be filled with hard-to-comb-out sand. As she did so, she took out a Pokeball, dropping it. The Pokeball opened, and a Chanyu came out.

"Chan?" the little dragon piped, taking a look around. He flew upward in a spiral, until he was about eye level with Yamiko, so as to escape the sand on the ground.

Yamiko knew that Haku was feeling nervous. This made sense, for Chanyu were used to forest environments, so the desert probably took poor Haku by surprise.
"Hopefully we won't be in this desert for long," she reassured him. "Just ahead there is a tunnel which will lead right to the city. It will be nice and cool and not so sandy there, so I hope."

Just then, Yamiko felt a strange sensation in her mind. A thought came to her--a brief image of Haku flying into the tunnel and Yamiko following.
What... what was that? Yamiko thought, perplexed. She looked at Haku, who was gazing at her with a peculiar glint in his eyes. Haku's eyes, to her surprise, were a similar colour to Yamiko's own, except they seemed more vibrant. Anyway, just then, the same thought came back to her, and at the same time she could feel something emanating from Haku, as if he were telling her something...

Yamiko couldn't believe what she thought was happening. Keeping her gaze on Haku, she thought, Did you just send a telepathic message to me, or am I hallucinating?

Haku nodded, and sent the thought again.

"Oh wow..." Yamiko muttered, thinking back to her childhood. She remembered Dan meeting another magician one day, one who had a Kadabra. After a brief talk with Dan, the magician told his Kadabra to "demonstrate" something on Yamiko. Just as that happened, a voice in her head said, Hello. Years later, Yamiko realised that that had been her first time receiving a telepathic message. Telepathy and other such psychic abilities intrigued her ever since--she often wondered what being around a psychic Pokemon was like. She was a tad bit disappointed when the Pokemon she received was not Psychic-type, but that disappointment disappeared when Haku demonstrated his own telepathic abilities.

After a brief smile at Haku, Yamiko continued to walk towards the tunnel. As she got closer, she noticed a young man walking up to her. When she first saw him, she thought she really was hallucinating--he reminded of either a character out a fantasy-based video game, or someone who traveled forward in time from the Middle Ages. He gave her the impression of a wandering warrior, or what she identified as a "ranger". Her heart even skipped a beat. She shook her head, looked up again... but still he was there. A moment later, a Ralts appeared next to him.

He has a Ralts?! Yamiko thought, remembering that Ralts was the Pokemon that topped her wishlist, and the pre-evolution of one of her best Pokemon on Pokemon Virtual. I would almost ask him to trade Pokemon, but I don't want to give up Haku...
Yamiko glanced sideways, wondering if Haku heard that thought, but the expression on his draconic face didn't change, and he just kept gazing at the new arrivals.

"Chop!"
Just then, two Machops emerged from the tunnel, standing right inbetween the two trainers. They looked like they were getting ready for a fight.

The man said something to his Ralts, who nodded in reply. Then he spoke to Yamiko, asking her what to do about the muscular intruders. Yamiko glanced around--besides the tunnel, everything else was just a vast expanse of sand. Yamiko wanted to enter the tunnels as soon as possible, so taking the long way around was definitely not an option.

"I think our only choice is to fight them," Yamiko replied. "The good thing is that these Machops' Low Kicks won't do too much damage to your Ralts. Does she know Confusion? Oh, and by the way, my name's Yamiko, in case that matters, and this is Haku. Unfortunately I just got him--in fact this is probably his first battle. But let's see..."

Yamiko looked at her Poketech, looking at what attacks Haku could use. At that time, Haku sent her an image of hearts flying about the place.
"You want to use Charm?" she asked him. Haku nodded. "That's a good idea, but if that Ralts uses Growl, it could affect both Machops at the same time. And if she doesn't know Confusion, that means all she can use is Growl."

This time Yamiko tried to communicate the Chanyu way. Focusing on Haku, she pictured in her mind Haku twirling around and casting an alluring gaze at the Machops, and Haku giving the Machop that attacked him a nice Scratch in the face.

"Got it?" Yamiko asked, turning to Haku. Haku thought about it for a moment, then nodded and flew off towards the Machops. He did exactly what Yamiko asked him to do. As he waved his tail about while Leering at the Machops, he waited to see what the Machops would do, ready to Scratch when they got close. But just in case, Yamiko sent another thought to Haku: one of both Machops attacking Ralts, and Haku rushing to one of them and then using Scratch.

Yamiko cracked a smile, pleased with this method of communication. She had a feeling she would be doing this a lot in trainer battles.

"Hopefully that will lower the Machops' defenses," Yamiko said to Nick.
*Note: A Chanyu is a Fakemon someone in that RPG created--it's a small dragon Pokemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Yes, you guessed it--Lupin would have been my other character. But he's in an RPG already, so leaving him out makes things fair I guess.

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Kiruria: Ok, a very well written sign-up, but I did see a few problems with it. First off, in the beginning of you History section you write that Yamiko was homeless and wandered around the city, but you also state that see had never or even heard of Pokemon until see became an orphan. I have a hard time believing this, because in a big city like Saffron, a lot of people are bound to have Pokemon as pets, and they most likely take these Pokemon to the park for some outdoor time, like NYC's Central Park. I am, however, willing to let this slide, as it is possible, though unlucky, that she never heard of Pokemon.

Second, there really isn't a full out base for Snagem in Hoenn. Their only base is centered in Orre. However, I could see some sort of small camp in the wilderness, were Snagem members stay as they look for Pokemon to send back to HQ. Third, in the same area, you write like Edwin/Lupin knew who Yamiko was. With how many years are between their first brief meeting and this meeting, I believe more of an introduction would be necessary. Four, normal shadows are made at a Cipher base in Orre, and then are distributed around Orre by Cipher members. The odds that Kirlia was sent back to that small camp in Hoenn are slim to none. I believe it would be better if the Kirlia was still in the Cipher base, and when Lupin and Yamiko go to Orre and battle Cipher they also take back Kirlia.

Fifth, I really don't like a totally overthrow of Snagem and Cipher, as the two could play an important part in the RPG. I have no problem with attacks on the two bases, but a totally overthrow is a little much. Plus, I don't that Snaggers, who normally work as members of Team Snagem, would help in the destruction of their own Team. That all the problem I notice in the History section.

As for Yamiko personality, I believe it should be a bit darker. She is going to be using a Snag Machine, a machine invented to Snag other trainers Pokemon. I believe she is just too 'nice' to do this, and needs a heavier dark side. Also, on the topic of the Snagger role, you will have to have permission both the other player and the GM if you wish to snag another player Pokemon.

The Pokemon sign-up seem to be okay, as does your RP sample. I am, however, going to have to say your sign-up is pending, at least until you fix up the things listed above. Give me a heads-up when you do so.

P.S. I was hoping to use the nickname Artemis for one of my Pokemon, but I guess that’s how the cookie crumbles.

P.S.S. I am adding a new field to the Pokemon sign-up; a gender field right below the species field. I would appreciate if you would add this field to your Pokemon sign-ups.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hmm! Finally, someone who wants me to actually expand a bit more on Yamiko rather than complain about a TL;DR signup!

So I have edited my signup, adding a bit more to Yamiko's personality, tweaking her appearance, editing in the Pokemon's genders, and fixing up the History a bit. Hopefully the addition of the Mew doll makes a bit more sense than what I had before... and I fixed the Snagem stuff as well.

But yeah--I like to make characters who have good intentions but a bit of a dark side.

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
'Black Cat Bandits?' Strange name, but I've heard much weirder.

Anyway, thanks for fixing up those things. I see a few minor problems left, but nothing I can really reject you on, so you're accepted. Congrats!

I'll get the real RP thread up if and when we get more interest in the game.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Hmm, I've been looking for a good Pokemon based RPG that hasn't already been going for a bazillion pages, and this looks just the ticket. Also I need some practice for my roleplaying club.

So would I be able to reserve a gym leader spot please? I'll probably have my sign-up by tomorrow if so, I'd do it right now but my head feels like it's just been smashed in with a shovel so it's probably best if I rest it to get my creative juices flowing.

A few questions also. What time era is this RPG? Would the Elite Four/Gym Leaders/Other Characters be based off of previous and/or existing in game characters, or would there be an entirely new cast of people? And what regions would this RPG be limited to (for backstory purposes, but would also like to know roughly the location span of the adventure itself)?

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Thanks for you interest, Benmeister. We need more people are here, so you are reserved for a Gym Leader spot. Take all the time you need. I know how it feels when you just can't write anymore.

As for your questions, I'm planning on have mainly all new characters in this RPG, although I might bring some old characters around every-one-in-a-while. As for the time era, there really isn't a set one, but it is definitely post-3rd gen and probably post-4th gen. I'm think somewhat of a futuristic setting, but not so far into the future that we have robots going berserk and starting a war with humans.

As for the regions, The Underlings of Darkrai base is located in Kanto, but I'm going to allow gameplay on almost all regions if desired, with the exceptions of the newly revealed Isshu and and side game regions. I am, however, opening Almia up to trainers, as it hold the Luminous Stone, one of the only things able to purify H-Factor shadows. (The other thing has not been revealed yet.) Hope this help answer your questions.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Dac Eldritch: An okay sign-up. Not the best I've seen, but not the worst.

As for feedback, I'd like to start with the fact that you Appearance, Personality, and Pokemon Personality fields don't even meet the minimum number of lines needed for the sign-up. I need some more content in those fields, and don't be afraid to add more information to all areas in your sign-up. In my opinion, a longer sign-up shows more creativity and make be lean more towards theses sign-ups.

Second, your overall Personality/History doesn't really fit the description of a normal Beginning Trainer, but I'm flexible and will let this slide. Third, I believe you are really too lazy on your Pokemon's Appearance. I would prefer a written description of a Tyrogue instead of just posting a sprite.

I see a few problem in your History field, but the thing that pops out at me the most is Dac's reason for becoming a Pokemon Trainer. Dac never really took a big interest in training his Tyrogue, well enough battling it. I need a little more insight into why he choose to become a trainer.

On a side note, I would prefer every beginning trainer to have one un-evolved starter Pokemon, but I'm not going to make it a requirement. Just give it a thought, and if you feel like having one make a sign-up for it.

All together I'm going to say pending. There are a few things in the sign-up I would like fixed before excepting you as a member. Give me a heads-up when the problems are fixed.

Final Note; I would prefer that if/when you are accepted and when the RP starts that you have a personal proofreader to look over your posts. You have some spelling and grammar errors that are really bug me. Its not like I going to die from them, but I real think the quality of your posts could upped if you have a proofreader. You could also learn some good writing skills and improve your writing by having someone proofread it. Of course, I would be the proofreader in question. This is just a request and I won't reject you if you chose not to do this.

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@ace_45: I'm happy to reserve a spot for ya, but I'm going to need to know what role your going to what.

ace_45

why?
((Ok i tried my best on this. Hope i get accepted^.^. Hope it's ok if i made them together))

Name: Jin/Dominic Smith
Nickname:none
Hometown/Current Residence:Both from Hearthome.Sinnoh
Role: both trainers
Appearance: Jin's: She haves black eyes, a medium black. Her heir is silk medium brown color. In the fort if short,but in the back its long. Her heir comes to her shoulder blade.She haves a shirt that shows some of her somacth(Notting back). She haves a carolina blue shirt on,with pants pants.She wears a black jacket,it's not long,pretty short. are white,with a bark black line coming down the middle. She haves a wrist bands,with is carolina blue. She also haves black gloves,some what like Ash's.Her back pack is carolina blue with black designs on it.Shes not fat,of not to skinny,she is a fair size. Shes kinda tall,but not huge.She's mixed with two races,black and white so her skin is a tan.

Dominic: He haves black eyes as well, but darker than Jin's. His heir is a dark brown,but hides it with a black hat. The hat kinda look like a old person's. His heir is in a puffy ponytail, a boy's ponytail, it's kinda shaped like a ball. He haves a grey hoodie and the collar of it is dark grey.Under the hoodie is a plan white shirt.His pant are very dark black with big side pockets and wears a dark brown belt. his shoes are all black sneakers with a bit of white on the side. He haves a dark grey back pack with no design. Hes mixed with black ad white, but is kinda darker than jin

Personality: Jin:Jin is very nice person who loves to help anyone whose needs help.Shes a very out going person. Jin is helpful and loves to teach younger trainers about pokemon,pokemon battling,and making them.She never shy when meets someone now,it only makes her smile.She hates it when people calls her pokemon weak and useless. Jin also hates it when when trainers push their pokemon to hard,it burns her up. The only times when she gets really mad is when people mistreat other people and pokmon,such as abusing them.Also using them for a evil poprose. All this happiness and joy makes her seem like a wild and hyper person,but shes very calm

Dominic:Hes never in the mode and really doesn't care about things around him.He doesnt talk as much, kinda anti-social. Hes kinda of the borning type. Dominic is kinda rude and mean at points. He really doesn't like to help people but Jin talks him into it. He not cheerful and happy like Jin at all. He loves to battle so if any asked him, he never says no,no matter how hard the trainer is. Hes not childish so he want pick on the trainers he beaten, only tells them to train harder. He doesn't push his pokemon that hard,but do praise them when he won a battle or lose one. He can be nice at times and gets tense around girls most of the time. He acts like a tough guy some times, but doesn't brag...sometimes

History: She was born on the island(Where zapdos is) of kanto, when her mom and dad was fighting off some Cheaper menbers.As soon as she was born, her dad was kidnapped than brainwashed. Her dad end up caughting zapdos and took over the island. Her mom thought it wasn't safe at the island and moved to Pallet town of Kanto. The settled their for five year,so Jin was 5 or 6. The was pretty rich and lucky,but there luck was truned around.Their home was distroyed by a chip members, at this time, Her dad was the boss of chiper.The members end up burning down the small town and they had to flee. They got all their stuff from town and traveled to a air port.
On the the way, Jin and her mom saw the chiper members kidnap a beloved combusken form it's trainer. Of course,her mom had a pokemon called torchic. She end up winning and the combusken re-united with it's owner. The owner was to thankful and gave Jin a egg. He told her to take of it and it will hatch. They where in the middle of a huge forset and was lost, they thought they where going to die,but help came.(Read on^.^)
A young man, by the name of Keith saw that Pallet town was burned down. Of crouse him and his Son Dominic came from Sinnoh,than when to Kanto.As soon as they got there, they went to pallet and help re-build it. Dominic was young, round 8 years old,put still hleped out his dad.Keith was feeling kinda bad that Dominic and told him he could take a break. Dominic didn't want to stop,but he was pretty wiped out from stacking bricks,but he stopped.

Dominic saw that his Mudkip had ran off and was headed to the forset. Dominic followed close behind him and caught him by a pond,in the forset where Jin and her mom was.Dominic successful caught ended. Mudkip ran off again and end up running into a Chiper member. The chiper member battled the Dominic and end up losing. Two chiper member surround the young trainer and his mudkip.

Jin, heard the sounds of battle and told her mom she would be back. she end up finding Dominic and his Mudkip. They end up seeing her before Dominic did and one of the Chiper menbers surronded.Things started to look bad untill jin's egg hacth into a torchic. Dominic truned to her and smiled.They joined together and fought The two chiper members. The almost lost, but gave it their all and won. The introcued their slef and Jin told her why pallet was brunt down. Hearing this enraged Dominc, and ask if he could meet her mom. She agreed to take him to her.

They reached Jin's mom, who was sitting under a tree with togachic. Dominic heart filled with sorrow and told them to follow him. He lead them back to pallet town,which mad Jin's mom cry,because of the bad memoies.Dominic told his dad about what happened to them. Keith was also enraged and decied to help Jin and her mom,Lisa. Of crouse,they end of falling in love and moved to Hearthome
Lisa and Keith ended up getting married,making Jin and Dominc step brother and sister. The two trained every day, outside their home. Torhic and Mudkip the week afrther they got married. Making torchic a Combusken and Mudkip a Marshstomp. Marshstomp eveovled again when Jin caught her Abra at Etrna forset.

Jess:
Pokemon
Species: Combusken
Nickname: Amber
Appearance:normal Combusken
Personality:Amber is is very loyal to Jin. She like Jin, loves to help pokemon and trainers alike.Never headstrong but is very brave. Amber can worry at times which can kinda be a bad thing. She the type the tried to impress pokemon and trainers by showing off amazing display.
Origin:eek:ne at Viridian forset,(Sorry if spell that right),when she saw Dominic. She hatched from a egg

Species: Torchic
Nickname: charm
Appearance:a normal Torchic
Personality:She very cheerful and happy most of the time. Loves to meet new people and be out her pokeball.She kinda hyper and runs off sometimes. As for being mad, she never does unless she sees Chipper and sangam members.
Origin: Hearthome city, given to her by her mom

Species:kadabra
Nickname: Psychic
Appearance:a normal Kadra
Personality:Very calm and super nice. Charm sometimes make him mad, but he doesn't pay on mind. Hes helpful and will help anyone in need. Hes super smart and can read minds using his powers
Origin: when they went to veilstone city, helping a older woman when her grandson was missing,She fought off a sangem member and Psychic evolved

Species: Roserade
Nickname: Rose
Appearance:normal roserade
Personality:Shes nice and charmy. She loves to dazzle people with her moves, by sending flowers in the air. She a bit bossy to Jin's other pokemon but also acts like a caring mother to them. Shes very protective and will protect Jin no matter what
Origin:Rose saw how strong Jin was when they was training in Eterna forset(Sorry,can't spell it). Jin battled it and caught it.

Species: Murkrow
Nickname: Crow
Appearance:a normal murkrow
Personality:Very sneaky and takes Jin's stuff sometimes. Hes very rude to her pokemon, but acts like a sweet heart to Jin. Hes headstrong at points and doesn't listen to Jin at times. He sometimes fells a shame of himself sometimes.
Origin: Eterna forset,right afther Dominic's Marshtomp evolved

Dominic's
Species: Swaprewart
Nickname: Swap
Appearance:a normal swapwart
Personality: Swap is nice and gentle to others. He kinda laid back pokemon and let's Jin pokemon play him. He really doesn't mind Crow a bit and don't pay attention to. He will protect Dominic no matter what
Origin: In Eterna forset when Jin caught her Abra

Species: Raichu
Nickname: Thunder
Appearance:a normal Raichu
Personality: Hes rude and mean. He teases Jin's pokemon and is kinda scared of Dominic's other pokemon. He tries to take control of everything and boss Jin's and Dominic pokemon around. He loyal to Dominic and tries to impress him by battling hard
Origin: Given to him by his dad,before the left Hearthome

Species: Buizel
Nickname: Jet
Appearance:a normal buizel
Personality:Buizel is so stubborn and likes to take care of things his self. He doesn't like other pokemon stealing his "Thunders." and jumps in the way. He aways like to be chosen last when hes in a battle. Something like Ash's Buizel
Origin: A pond,south of Veilstone city

Species: Staraptor
Nickname:Aero
Appearance:normal Staraptor
Personality:Aero is the nicest pokemon Dominic haves. Very brave and listen to whatever Dominic says. He can get mean if people bother him when hes asleep or anything else. Hes very smart and fast in battle
Origin: His grandmother gave it to him in veilstone, as a gift for saving her from a chip member

Species: Umbreon
Nickname: Moon
Appearance:normal Umbreon
Personality: Calm and sly at night time. In the day, hes kinda slefish and likes being alone sometimes. Moon will tend to other pokemon before he do anything else. When he gets mad, he walks off and will come back once hes cailm
Origin: At night time when he was training his Eevee by his slef, south of Veilstone city

RP Sample: Jin's hand was balled up, she looked at Amber a bit worried."Hey Amber,can you keep going?" asked Jin. Amber's eyes shifted to Jin and nodded."Types doesn't matter to me Dominic. Amber,use flamethrower!." said Jin.Amber shot wild flame from her mouth and was hopping to his Swap.Dominic, who was calm as every smiled."Swap, use hydro pump." he said.Swap shot the powerful water move and it touched Amber's Flamethrower. The two attacks made steam as soon as they hit.

"Use hydro pump again!." said Dominic. Swaps' attack cut through the smoke and headed to Amber. Jin pokemon was cheering her on."Amber flamethrower on the ground!." said Jin. Amber aimed the flamethrower on the ground,cause flames to surround her. The flames served as her portection. The hydro pump his the Amber's flame barrier,causing it to go away."Nice job Amber. Amber only smiled."It's not over yet." said Dominic."Swap,use focus punch!." he said."Amber go head on with sky uppercut." said Jin. Both Dominic and Jin's pokemon watched closely, as if they where watching a good movies

"Full speed Amber!." said Jin."You to Swap.!." said Dominican. Amber leaped up with her claw glowing and hit Swap, who was on the ground with his fist glowing. the two attack was so strong,it caused a explosion. Jin covered her eyes and mouth with her arm, while Dominic took the dust. He was more worried about who won.I now you can do it Amber..stay strong Jin said in her mind.there's no way a fire type can beat Swap Dominic said in his mind.

The smoked cleared and the two pokemon where facing each other. They both where breathing hard. Jin was speechless alone with Dominic, they just waited. Amber smiled at Swap and fell over. And Swap fell over at the same time."It's a draw!." they both said shocked

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Hmm, well I took longer than the one day I had previously stated, but I have now finally finished my sign-up.

Name Sebastian Pincher (prefers to just be called Pincher)
Nickname Pinchy
Age 27
Hometown Goldenrod City, Johto
Current Location Azalea Town, Johto
Role Gym Leader (Bug Type)

Appearance
Pincher has a very au natural look about him. His skin, smooth and bright in his younger years, is now very rugged and hairy with a noticeable tan. He is about 6'1" tall and has a very lanky appearance, his long legs being his most defining feature. Pincher does not appear very strong and has a thin physical build, but this makes for an agile body. Many small scars litter his skin, mainly on his arms and legs, but the newest of these appears to be at least four years old. Pincher has eyes of a greenish-yellow complexion, whereas his hair is a rugged, unkempt mess of yellow with brown streaks that falls down to his shoulders.

Like the majority of his appearance, Pincher's choice of clothing is also rather rugged looking. His trademark clothing is a worn (although hole-less) camouflage vest, which appears very torn at the arm holes, suggesting that it probably once was a t-shirt. Accompanying this is a pair of dark yellow shorts that fall to just above his knees. Pincher will often go barefoot but in more social environments he tends to wear a pair of dark brown sandals. Pincher rarely uses a bag and usually carries everything he needs on his belt, including his Pokemon and Pokeballs.

Personality
Pincher's current personality has been greatly influenced by his past. He has a slightly ageing presence. Whilst physically and mentally he appears quite young, psychologically he seems to be past his prime. Nonetheless, on the inside, the heart of an adventurous, go-getting youth still remains. He is still very athletic and very much enjoys the outdoors. Despite his overzealous social lifestyle in years gone by, Pincher has always enjoyed solace and happiness in forests and locations of that ilk, becoming one with the wildlife. Often in these situations Pincher will show habits of wild Pokemon if they are present in groups, so that he can commune with them and attempt to understand further the nature of all the different sorts of Pokemon.

In recent years Pincher's socialisation has dwindled significantly. Whilst he is still able to hold a conversation easily, the tone in which he approaches them sometimes makes it appear as though he wants to be seclusive, and he doesn't let much personal information out. His training tactics are unknown to many and a lot of his personal time is private. Pincher is often not much of a dominant voice in a group of people, especially with his gym leader associates and other high authority trainers. When he attempts to be, a lot of the time it is not recognised by his peers. He still respects and shows manners to all living beings whether human or not, but he is not above holding contempt for people that put him down. He often judges people based on prejudice, but given his erratic past and the goals he wants to achieve, accepts that he probably shouldn't put people in such a negative light.

Pincher is not the greatest at being empathic. Whilst not intentionally selfish, a lot of the actions he does are to make himself feel better, or to boost his image to others.

The only thing Pincher retains love for throughout his life are Pokemon, Bug Pokemon especially, and his Pokemon most of all. If he notices a Pokemon in danger, he will, on most occasions, risk life and limb in order to save it, far moreso than he would to another human being. His empathy for Pokemon is also far more evident than any empathy he shows for a human.

History
Sebastian Pincher's life has had more than its fair share of ups and downs, each of which have contributed greatly to making him the person he is today.

'Pinchy', as his closest friends called him, was born into a family of three - Marcus, his father, Melanie, his mother, and Rufus, his brother. The family resided in a large house in Goldenrod. At the time Rufus was six years old, and his parents had not even considered having another child, so Melanie's pregnancy came as a massive shock to the family. During the pregnancy Pincher seemed to be an unwanted object. On a visit to Azalea Town on her lonesome to visit her sister, Melanie suddenly went into labour. With no properly qualified hospital in Azalea Town (and wanting to avoid expensive costs), her sister attempted to drive Melanie through Ilex Forest to reach the Goldenrod hospital. As it turned out, the car broke down, and with her sister's help, Melanie gave birth to Sebastian in the middle of the forest.

In his childhood years Pincher had to deal with a slightly dysfunctional family. Marcus was a business tycoon and a massive workaholic, Melanie was a laid back housewife, and Rufus was a very intelligent student. Rufus always looked down on Pincher for being less intelligent, and Marcus, whilst he did love Pincher as a son, evidently preferred Rufus over him since it was likely he would be able to follow in his father's business. Melanie was the dominant figure in Pincher's childhood. She would always spend time with him when needed and enjoyed being away from the other two workaholic members of the family.

Pincher had always felt some sort of kinship with Ilex Forest after the experience of his birth. He would spend the majority of his days there playing with the wild Pokemon, always fascinated by their actions, and was interesting in learning their ways of life, especially with the Bug Pokemon. At ten years old, he came across an abandoned egg. He tended to the egg every day until it finally hatched, into a baby Pinsir. Pincher was not allowed Pokemon into the house, but with his mother's help, he helped raise it hidden in his attic until it was old enough to fend for itself. However Pinsir opted to stay with Pincher, and thus it became his first owned Pokemon. Over the years Pincher helped Pinsir grow with its battling techniques against willing wild Pokemon, and as a result, Pincher gained a great deal of battling experience with Bug Pokemon.

As life went by, tension between Pincher's parents grew due to their conflicting choices of lifestyle. This finally culminated when Pincher was twelve years old. Melanie had an extramarital affair with her hairdresser, and so Marcus ordered her to leave his house and the lives of her family. Before leaving, Melanie told Pincher that she would always be proud of him, no matter what he does in life.

Without a mother, Pincher's relationship with his father worsened from thereon in. Influenced by the antics of his mother, Pincher became more of a social deviant, reaching the higher echelons of high school society. He craved popularity and preferred to party than to work hard. By this point Rufus had already joined his father's business, and Marcus ordered Pincher to make something of himself.

Pincher then took up an Entomology course at the Ecruteak university at the age of 19, but his lifestyle lead to poor grades and resulted in him having to drop out of the course after the first year. Pincher took up residence at his mate Woz's house in Azalea Town. Woz worked in the Charcoal business and Pincher decided to assist him in his job. However after a few days of chopping down trees in Ilex Forest, Pincher saw what he was doing to the wildlife of his beloved birth ground, and became hell bent on preventing this occurring further. Through much hardship and befriending of many of the wild Pokemon in the forest, Pincher was able to aid his case, and the Charcoal cutting business ceased. Woz also saw the error of his ways and moved away to Olivine, leaving Pincher the house.

Sebastian had become a popular figure due to the publicity gained from his actions. As a result, when the Gym Leader position became available, he was a huge fan favourite to take over the role. Remembering the time he, Pinsir and his other Pokemon had spent training all these years, he soon became a very competent trainer, and therefore received the license to take over the Azalea Town gym. He took to this role well, defeating nearly every opponent that came his way.

However, the publicity Pincher was receiving was beginning to go to his head, and take noticeable effect. He became very arrogant and cocky, and would use his fame and success to stage elaborate parties and promotional events to boost his image even further. As time moved on Pincher became far more self centred, and the time he spent with the wild Pokemon in Ilex Forest soon dwindled down to nothing.

This continued until two years into his reign, when he was challenged by a mysterious trainer with a Quilava. Pincher had experience with overcoming type advantages before. Little was he aware, however, that this Quilava was different. It appeared somewhat more dark and cold than the average Pokemon - it was a Shadow Quilava. A massive crowd was gathered for the match, which was standard practice at the gym, and everyone there witnessed the Quilava tear apart Pincher's team whilst barely taking a scratch. Never before had Pincher lost so badly. Thereafter, the Quilava trainer was never seen again.

This crushing defeat greatly dented Pincher's confidence. He suffered twenty gym defeats in a row, seemingly having lost his renowned battle techniques. Crowds and popularity dwindled, and soon enough, Pincher was amongst the lowest echelons of the Johto gym leaders.

The next few years as gym leader were very subdued in comparison. No more was there an outlandish, popularity craving character in charge of the gym, but rather a lost soul with very little confidence in himself. Few battles were won over this time, and soon enough, Pincher had few friends at all, and had lost regular contact with all of his family.

On one long walk a year ago, Pincher ended up strolling through most of Ilex Forest. Through this he remembered his previous deeds that had made him become the competent trainer that he was, and the Pokemon whose lives he had saved by protecting their forest. Pincher vowed to regain his glory once again, for all the right reasons, and to become a figure that his father would perhaps finally be proud of.

Pincher trained once again with the Pokemon in the wood to attempt to regain his former greatness as a trainer, and it was gradually taking effect. This time, however, Pincher trained in seclusion, with no one knowing of what he was undertaking. This was reflected in his gym performances, as he gained more and more wins. However, he still garnered very little respect from others and the image of his former glory hogging self still lingered over his life. Pincher had waited for an opportunity to arrive to prove himself as a reborn hero, to gain popularity for all the right reasons, and to become an inspirational figure to people everywhere.

This opportunity perhaps presented itself as a message reached Pincher through his communicator. An emergency alert from the Elite Four to report to the Indigo Plateau regarding the so called 'Underlings of Darkrai', and the release of millions of shadow Pokemon, made to be soulless fighting machines. Seemed like the perfect chance for Pincher to prove his worth. Maybe also to discover more about Shadow Pokemon, and perhaps to solve the mystery of the Shadow Quilava from the past that haunts him to this day…

Pokemon

Species: Pinsir
Nickname: Preston

Appearance: Preston is slightly larger than the average Pinsir, about 5'2". Much like Pincher he appears very physically fit, but he has a slightly ageing presence about him. There are also numerous scars and scratches on his body, which don't delve very far into his skin due to his rough exterior.

Personality: Preston is one of the most loyal Pokemon you are likely to come across. His loyalty obviously lies with Pincher. Preston hasn't always agreed with his trainer's way of life and choice of lifestyle, but his immense loyalty meant that he never showed it emotionally, and always did as he was commanded.
Preston has much of the personality of the latter day Pincher. He's not very social and rarely interacts with other human beings outside of his trainer. Nevertheless, he will rush to the aid of any Pokemon, and sometimes human, that is in apparent danger. He is also, like Pincher, very athletic and prefers to spend time in forests and other similar locations, either in solidarity or with his trainer.
Preston's battling skills surpass that of Pincher's other Pokemon, and to most people he has only been seen in situations that demonstrate his battling prowess.

Origin: Preston the Pinsir has not known life outside of Pincher's friendship. As an egg he was abandoned, for reasons unknown. It was up to Pincher to take him in and raise him like a father figure. Preston never knew his parents, and doesn't express any desire to ever locate them. He has lived life and trained alongside Pincher for as long as he can remember, and is often not confined to a Pokeball. However during Pincher's publicity years he was rarely present outside of battles, preferring to remain in solace. Nowadays Preston and his trainer have their original bond back.

Species: Shuckle
Nickname: Sammy

Appearance: Sammy is about your average sized Shuckle. He is fit, but is definitely less visibly scarred than the other members of Pincher's team, and despite being a Rock type, appears very 'fresh' to look at.

Personality: Sammy is by far the merriest Pokemon on Pincher's team. He is also slightly mischievous, for example, he will pop up randomly, surprising everyone when they're least expecting it. Most of the time he has a happy-go-lucky attitude, often showing a smile, and helping to cheer up Pokemon that appear down. Sammy also loves getting attention, though he doesn't intentionally set out to receive it. Sammy enjoys attaching himself to people's shoulders for transportation.

Sammy's cheerful exterior does hide a small hint of regret, though. During Pincher's more successful reign Sammy never battled, and deep down he has always wanted to prove he is capable of holding his own.

Origin: Whilst on a field trip to Cianwood City shortly after his mother left him, Pincher discovered Sammy the Shuckle clinging to a rock washed up on the beach. He checked on him every day for a week, but Sammy never moved. Fearing it would eventually die if left alone, Pincher adopted it as his own. During Pincher's publicity years, Sammy never battled, but was famous for making excellent tasting berry juice for Pincher's social gatherings.

Species: Yanma
Nickname: Skye

Appearance: Skye's body length is that of the average Yanma, but her wings are slightly larger than normal. The wings are nearly always in use whenever she is seen.

Personality: Skye is a very active, speedy Pokemon, rarely being able to keep in one place for a long time. Despite this, Skye is often focused on important tasks at hand, or even focused on small, menial things. She is generally friendly to Pokemon and humans alike. Skye has a fetish for hair and will often take rest on Pincher's head.

Origin: As a teenager, Pincher caught Skye the Yanma in the National Park's Bug Catching Contest. She won first place due to its large and impressive wings. Her history prior to being caught by Pincher is relatively unknown, due to suffering an unfortunate bout of amnesia after a collision with a tree, resulting in her making residence in the National Park and not leaving of her own will. After the capture, Pincher successfully helped Skye to adjust to her new lifestyle. Since then she has been used mainly in gym battles as Pincher's speed Pokemon.

Species: Forretress
Nickname: Carlton

Appearance: Carlton is an average sized Forretress. His body has been slightly worn and scratched, having taken numerous impacts over the years.

Personality: Carlton does not communicate much with other living beings, not due to being shy, but because he often has nothing to say. The natural defensive nature of a Forretress is reflected in Carlton. Not only does he keep reclusive, but he will bravely shield Pincher and any of his fellow teammates if the situation arises. Carlton will, however, join in social situations if prompted.

Origin: Whilst Pincher was working for Woz cutting down trees, Carlton - a Pineco at the time - fell out of a tree Pincher was chopping and onto his head. It was this that finally convinced Pincher to save the forest, seeing how many Pokemon would be left stranded and homeless. Seeing their meeting as destiny, Pincher took Carlton as his own. During his gym leader training Carlton evolved into a Forretress. He has mainly used as a defensively slow Pokemon in gym battles as an opposite to Skye being a fragile speedy Pokemon.

Species: Scyther
Nickname: Slyther

Appearance: Slyther is slightly larger than a regular Scyther, at about 5'1". His body appears to have been greatly bruised, not just scratched, and he feels slightly threatening to be around.

Personality: Slyther is a very egotistical Pokemon. He strives to be the most dominant Pokemon and to be the most impressive physically in the eyes of Pincher, though Pincher pays no heed to him. Slyther very much enjoyed the publicity from being used by a high profile gym trainer. He used to be a bully to his teammates, but over time training has changed him into a much more tolerant Pokemon.

Origin: Slyther the Scyther was caught in Ilex Forest. Before then, Slyther lived a rather intimidating life, being a threatening figure to other wild Pokemon in order to assert dominance and become feared throughout Ilex Forest. Slyther would often compete with Preston for the role of primary physical battler, though never gained preference.

Species: Venomoth
Nickname: Mothra

Appearance: Mothra is the size of a slightly smaller than average Venomoth, at about 4'10". Whilst she appears to be slightly scarred like Pincher's other Pokemon, it is not as noticeable as her teammates.

Personality: Mothra is a very shy and timid Pokemon, much the opposite of Slyther. She often hides from noticeable danger rather than confronting it. She is also very friendly and is very sociable with other Pokemon, especially Sammy and Skye. Mothra has a small emotional crush on Pincher.

Origin: As a Venonat in Ilex Forest, Mothra was often terrorised by Slyther amongst other rough Pokemon, but was saved and caught by Pincher. Since then Mothra has shown much affection for her trainer. Soon after this, during gym training, she evolved and was given her current nickname.

RPG Sample:

[spoil]The instant Pincher awoke, he could sense that something was wrong.

Before Pincher could even fully open his eyes, his body could sense that it was in an unfamiliar and unpleasant location. An air of discomfort breezed past Pincher, and a dank smell flowed into his nostrils. He could feel a rock hard surface beneath him. Finally opening his eyes and pushing himself up into a sitting position, it became quite apparent that Pincher was in a cave. There was a small slither of natural light coming from what Pincher assumed to be the end of the tunnel leading into the cave, though he could not be sure, and this light was the sole thing giving any sort of illumination to the cave. From what he could visibly make out, there wasn't much to see anyway. Just a straw bed over in the corner, the rest of the surrounding area was just the unpleasant grey texture of the cave, with bits of unappealing looking moss growing in places.

It was at this point when Pincher began to ask questions. Namely, what the hell was he doing unconscious in the middle of a cave? Immediately he thought of all of the different fearsome possibilities. Had he been kidnapped? Was he going to be somebody's lunch? Pincher imagine there would've been far more appetising alternatives if so.

Suddenly, a loud groan was heard in the distance. And then, through the tunnel, came a series of pounding sounds thudding loudly on the cave floor. And it was at this point that Pincher began to remember. Each thud seemed to bring back a new memory from what had happened prior to his unconsciousness. He saw past visions of a whole school of Pidgey and Caterpie fleeing from something. He had gone to see what was terrorising them, to protect the Pokemon of the forest. What he saw was a monstrous sight, something he had never seen before.

At that point, the figure began to ebb into view. Visibility into the distance was not great, but Pincher could make out a large, slouched figure, with its arms draping across the floor. It appeared almost human shaped. But it was certainly not human.

"Slaaaaaaaa….." growled the figure, as it moved ever closer. And then, into Pincher's view, a towering ape like Pokemon stood over him. Unbeknownst to Pincher, it was a Slaking, and it didn't look happy. Startled, Pincher attempted to find a route past the Slaking to escape, but it was unlikely he would ever achieve success.

As the Slaking moved in, Pincher bellowed "What do you want from me?", to which there was no reaction from the Slaking. "If there's something wrong I'll help you!" he continued, but again to no avail.

It was at this point that Pincher closed his eyes and braced himself for the worst. But then suddenly -

CLAMP!

"SLAAAAAAAKINGGGGGG!"

Pincher opened his eyes, and saw Slaking reeling up in pain. Wondering what on earth was happening, Pincher decided just to make a break for it. But suddenly, the Slaking stumbled around facing the other way, and much to Pincher's delight, he noticed his beloved Pinsir, Preston, clamping onto the back of the Slaking. This wasn't the first time his buddy had saved him in times of desperation, and vice versa. What it did remind Pincher of, though, were the Pokemon on his belt. And he had a plan of action to disable this Slaking, for the time being at least.

"Go, Mothra!" Pincher yelled, taking one of the Pokeballs off his belt and hurling it into the air. Out burst Mothra, his Venomoth, ready for action.

However, as soon as Mothra spotted the Slaking, she reacted in horror. As is with her accustomed timid nature, she quickly flew away and into the arms of Pincher for safety. It was time to Pincher to establish authority over his Pokemon.

"Look, Mothra, I know this is intimidating, but this is of the utmost importance." Mothra didn't budge. "There are hundreds of wild Pokemon out there whose lives are at risk because of this Slaking. And as gym leader, it is my responsibility to prevent any danger occurring. I need your help with this, Mothra, as my Pokemon."

Mothra looked upwards at Pincher, and then at the Slaking, which was still squirming due to being clamped by Preston. Realising that one day she will have to overcome her emotions, and that her friends were in danger, she decided to act now, and fast.

"Now, Mothra! Sleep Powder!" Pincher ordered. Mothra duly obliged, a bit apprehensive about advancing first, but eventually working up the courage to fly above Slaking, being sure to avoid its flailing movements, and releasing the Sleep Powder onto the Slaking. Preston leapt off Slaking's back, but before it could do any more damage, Slaking eventually fell prey to the Sleep Powder, and soon collapsed to the ground.

To prevent this Slaking causing any further damage in the future, Pincher hurled a Pokeball at the Slaking. It connected, engulfing the Slaking in a red aura before sucking it into the Pokeball.

One shake.
Two shakes.
Three shakes.
Bing!

Pincher slowly walked over to the Pokeball, and picked it up. He then spent the next minute staring at it, with a hint of disappointment. Mothra and Preston moved over to Pincher's side, as if to ask what he is going to do with the Slaking.

"I'm not sure," said Pincher, "maybe I'll send it to the Safari Zone."

Pincher then let out a huge sigh. He would liked to have thought that Pokemon were the ethically and morally better species on this planet. But unfortunately, as is the case with the human race, some Pokemon are just jerks for no reason.[/spoil]

------

I guess my sign up is okay, but I was unsure of whether the idea was that Shadow Pokemon were more featured in the back story of each character, or what, so I just had a fleeting reference in the history. If my character needs more confrontation with shadow Pokemon in his history then I guess I could change that.

Also, if for whatever reason this character doesn't really suit a gym leader, I guess I could change his role if needed.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Sorry this took so long guys. Soccer practice has started up and its taking a good chuck of my time up. Of course, even with that, I have to admit that I just been really lazy lately, and this thing shouldn't have taken me a week to get to. Again, sorry guys. Now on to the important part, the reviews.

@ace_45: First off, I would like to say I really would have liked the sign-ups to be separate, but whats done is done. Also, I'm currently only allowing each member to have one character, so I want you to choose one of the two and focus on them, and have the other be a background NPC that just tags along. On to more pressing matters, I need your sign-up to be seriously lengthened. I know that you are applying for just a normal Trainer, but your sign-up doesn't even meet the requirement set up for the various areas. Your trainer appearance, trainer personality, and Pokemon personality fields need to be expanded on before I can accept you, plus I would like some more info in the Pokemon origin field. For example, I need more in the Kadabra area on how it was caught as an Abra, and the Murkrow area could also be expanded on. I also would like more specifics on the origin of each of Swampert's evolution forms, like how it is was obtained as a Mudkip and how it evolved into a Marshtomp and Swampert. One final example, I need to know how the trainer got his Eevee that evolved into an Umbreon.

While I'm on this subject, I don't like the idea of a normal trainer have two starters, and defiantly not of the same evolutionary family. Also, your Pokemon appearance needs to be more descriptive. I want you to tell me want a normal Torchic or Murkrow looks like. One last thing in this field, I really want more diversity in Jin's Pokemon personalities. I don't like the idea of a trainer having a team full of happy-go-lucky Pokemon and barely anything else.

Working backwards, I see a lot of little problems in the History section, but the big one that sticks out is the fact that you made Jin's dad the boss of Cipher. This is a high power spot, and I really need this spot free for plot ideas to help the general RPG. I don't have a problem with her dad being a Cipher member, but I want to save to higher-up spots. I also have a slight problem with your RP Sample. Its technically okay, but all that is in it is battle scenes. I would really like some more over world/plot scenes to make sure you have the writing skills for the big areas of the RPG.

Lastly, I have some serious problems with you spelling and grammar. Here is a copy of a idea I proposed to another member.
Final Note; I would prefer that if/when you are accepted and when the RP starts that you have a personal proofreader to look over your posts. You have some spelling and grammar errors that are really bug me. Its not like I going to die from them, but I real think the quality of your posts could upped if you have a proofreader. You could also learn some good writing skills and improve your writing by having someone proofread it. Of course, I would be the proofreader in question. This is just a request and I won't reject you if you chose not to do this.
I would like to try this idea with you also, just so to RP get cleaned up and looks good. Also, like it says above, this could also help with your writing skills.

If it not clear by know, I am giving you a pending status. There are quite a few things I need fixed before I accept you as a member. Just give me a heads-up when you fix the things listed above. Sorry if I seem like a hard ***, I just really want this RPG to be good.

@The Benmeister: I see a few little problems like the Pokemon Personality fields being a little short, and the major trainer personalty changes that might be just a bit much. However, these problems aren't killer, and since your Sign-up is quite well written I going to let theses thing slide. So, in other words, your accepted! Congrats! I hope your still interested in joining this RPG.

@All: I'm currently writing my own Sign-up, and I will start the RPG when I complete it, given that there are enough accepted members at that time.