• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Underpowered Colorless attackers.

Swagsire

Dragon types were a great innovation I find, what, with new silly energy lines gold looking cards and accuracy to type! But I feel it leaves our white colorless cards a little underpowered.

I can't actually remember exactly what the last decent card was that had it but for a while dragon cards( printed as colorless cards) would have a colorless weakness, leaving them weak to ALL colorless cards. Sure, it leaves inconsistencies in the game, but it at least gives us a reason to consider them.

furthermore, most colorless attackers are weak to two very powerful forces; Fighting and electric. Donks are just too easy. I have an undying desire to play Raticate, and always have, but how can I be consistent when a landorus GREATLY ruins my day? Same with togekiss. The concept seems fun, but leave it to TDK to run me down.

It might just be sour grapes or something, but there is no type weak to colorless printed in any of the latest sets (unless I'm ignorant) and it feels like we need a change. Some sort of buff or something. What are your thoughts and opinions? Qwaa ;195;

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
First of all, great username you have.

Secondly, without much research I guess that most Dragon types has a weakness to Dragon, right? That means, to stop these powerful dragon types you need your own ones, making Dragons take up slots that could've been left for Colorless.

I'm not using any colorless because I'm running an only Grass deck and I don't have any Plasma cards, so I'm not that pro :p

Swagsire

First of all, great username you have.

Secondly, without much research I guess that most Dragon types has a weakness to Dragon, right? That means, to stop these powerful dragon types you need your own ones, making Dragons take up slots that could've been left for Colorless.

I'm not using any colorless because I'm running an only Grass deck and I don't have any Plasma cards, so I'm not that pro :p

Ahh thaaank you dahling. <3

And yeah. All dragon cards are weak to dragons. They aren't that hard to deal with, it's only the fact that It leaves those non dragon colorless without much use. Personally, I think a minor fix would be leaving them without weakness.. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Personally I was thinking of using the combo of colourless and dragon palkia from megalo cannon with strafe and plasma storms snorlax, and actually snorlax has been shutting down alot of the opposition by itself, but I was thinking palkia so I could hit for 50-120 dexoys+Htl/virbank per turn, or quad snorlax, quad latias EX, retreat/ability lock. Buffolant with gold breaker has been winning tournaments and earning top cut still. So it's not like there is no love for the colourless pokemon.

Dragons are no more powerful then colourless in actuality.

I play buffolant and snorlax, colourless pokemon are always useful, hehe.

Swagsire

Personally I was thinking of using the combo of colourless and dragon palkia from megalo cannon with strafe and plasma storms snorlax, and actually snorlax has been shutting down alot of the opposition by itself, but I was thinking palkia so I could hit for 50-120 dexoys+Htl/virbank per turn, or quad snorlax, quad latias EX, retreat/ability lock. Buffolant with gold breaker has been winning tournaments and earning top cut still. So it's not like there is no love for the colourless pokemon.

Dragons are no more powerful then colourless in actuality.

I play buffolant and snorlax, colourless pokemon are always useful, hehe.

Oh they have their uses I believe, but I feel as though they got nerfed in a sense. They no longer act as any other pokemon, trading off having a weakness for causing weakness. I will admit they have a use.. but I feel like they maybe don't need to have weakness. Qwaa ;195;

I have an undying desire to play Raticate, and always have, but how can I be consistent when a landorus GREATLY ruins my day? Same with togekiss. The concept seems fun, but leave it to TDK to run me down.
This Togekiss? Maybe I'm just missing something, but how would you get it to work in an environment where you have little worry about weakness? Is there some way to boost its power or something?

And--pardon me for being a noob--what does TDK mean?

It might just be sour grapes or something, but there is no type weak to colorless printed in any of the latest sets (unless I'm ignorant) and it feels like we need a change. Some sort of buff or something. What are your thoughts and opinions? Qwaa ;195;
I think GameFreak also thought we needed a change regarding types, though I don't know whether it will affect this issue. I wonder if the newly-confirmed Fairy type will get its own energy symbol, and if it does, whether it might be weak to Colorless?

Swagsire

Ven: They don't mirror themselves, they act as utility. They can potentially be thrown in any deck right now, but get a hard look to see if the weakness is worth it. Getting rid of having weakness is just one solution I have.

Mr Dragon: Dragon type isn't under developed. It's already had a fantastic showing. Hydreigon darkrai, rayeels even rayboar, they all have their places yknow?

Pikachu: It has potential. Draw support based attack. Stops drops of hypnotoxic laser, pokemon catcher, tool scrapper. You essentially build it as a tank. aspertia city gym+ giant cape makes it equal to a mighty 180 health. Then, if you get close to ko, you just max potion it off and reattach. Sure it's not fantastic, but it allows you to set up something powerful on the bench!

TDK stands for Thundurus, Deoxys, Kyurem, the new plasma basics deck. If you get out a Thundurus with 4 deoxys up, you practically lose right there (30 dmg+40 x2=140).

I somehow doubt fairies will get a type, at least not right away. It could be fairies fall under the category of colorless themselves and beat dragons, which could remedy the issue in my opinion..Qwaa ;195;

Pikachu: It has potential. Draw support based attack. Stops drops of hypnotoxic laser, pokemon catcher, tool scrapper. You essentially build it as a tank. aspertia city gym+ giant cape makes it equal to a mighty 180 health. Then, if you get close to ko, you just max potion it off and reattach. Sure it's not fantastic, but it allows you to set up something powerful on the bench!
I was considering the draw power, but didn't suspect it would be quite that valuable. And I was also still thinking in terms of a poor translation of its Ability (that said it prevented the effects of Items to the active Pokémon). That's actually pretty cool.

TDK stands for Thundurus, Deoxys, Kyurem, the new plasma basics deck. If you get out a Thundurus with 4 deoxys up, you practically lose right there (30 dmg+40 x2=140).
Gotcha. Makes good sense.

I somehow doubt fairies will get a type, at least not right away. It could be fairies fall under the category of colorless themselves and beat dragons, which could remedy the issue in my opinion..Qwaa ;195;
*Facepalm* I was gonna say that myself! How did I forget to put that in my post? That possibility would yield some very interesting results. Maybe the biggest change will be some Colorless Pokémon with different (rarer?) weakness. And perhaps Dragon might end up with some boost in other areas, but two weaknesses.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
TDK is not as strong as it's plasma variants, hehehe.

If fairy's become type they might have they're own energy making a third colorless or not it's own type energy cost pokemon kind of makes pokemon tcg look like magic the gathering, hehehe, but you never know. I doubt we'll get them until the 2nd or 3rd set.

Then it kind of makes colourless useless on a tournament level basis, the major reason as to why buffolant hasn't taken the top is probably due to the fact that nothing within the top tier utilizes colourless weakness, the major reason as to why luxray/garchomp was so useful in the SP format was due to that fact of the weakness per tier deck in relation, also why alot of the decks are the top of the tier, there are some strong decks like darkrai that are strong regardless of type advantage but if latios was a grass type team plasma EX with fire weakness it would probably make a whole lot of tier decks in relation. Weakness is what makes a deck win at a tournament level if you make it into a utility set card then you've made 1 type utterly useless, there will be a time when colourless will be useful again but not right now.

Swagsire

TDK is not as strong as it's plasma variants, hehehe.

If fairy's become type they might have they're own energy making a third colorless or not it's own type energy cost pokemon kind of makes pokemon tcg look like magic the gathering, hehehe, but you never know. I doubt we'll get them until the 2nd or 3rd set.

Then it kind of makes colourless useless on a tournament level basis, the major reason as to why buffolant hasn't taken the top is probably due to the fact that nothing within the top tier utilizes colourless weakness, the major reason as to why luxray/garchomp was so useful in the SP format was due to that fact of the weakness per tier deck in relation, also why alot of the decks are the top of the tier, there are some strong decks like darkrai that are strong regardless of type advantage but if latios was a grass type team plasma EX with fire weakness it would probably make a whole lot of tier decks in relation. Weakness is what makes a deck win at a tournament level if you make it into a utility set card then you've made 1 type utterly useless, there will be a time when colourless will be useful again but not right now.

TDK will still wreck face. Or some variant of it. I feel other types would need an energy first before fairy waltzes in and takes the cake. I am SO sick of senior's telling me that my sigilyph doesn't ACTUALLY do weakness damage to their dusknoir because dusknoir is a ghost. Qwaa ;195;