• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Underrated Pokémon

Jeydis

Reptilian be I
Kecleon is underrated, its a great annoyer has a large move pool and decent stats, plus it has a unique trick to its kind :D Skill Swap+Shadowball+Shadowball!

And well hes adorable but thats beside the point.

Oh and I havent seen a miltank in a century o_O apart frmon my lil Mooby that is.

Charzard Tamer

Johto Bound
MIltank is underrated. I have one on my team, and it can out run almost anything. I use it as an annoyer. It also can take atleast 3 dragons claws(maybe 4) from a raqyuaza. The thing is a beast.

Meganium is extremely underrated, mainly because its been stomped on by OU starters such as Charizard, Swampert and Feraligatr. Not that these OU starters aren't OU for a reason- they're all good.

Clefable is a great 1st gen wall but is smashed by Blissey and Snorlax. My LV 55 Clefable took out a Blissey and Snorlax in the LG Trainer Tower by itself using only Return and Softboiled.

And Lanturn is incredibly UU too....a Charizard's worst nightmare.

-=TrenchCoat=-

IMASONGANDANCEMAN!!!
Well I didn't see people using it. Sorry if my language is bad. I only started to have English lessons 2 years ago.[/QUOTE said:
Alright if thats the case then your doing pretty freakin good.. No offense taken I hope

Munchlax66

Magmortar. Just saw the Pokemon of the Week and they said his speed was horrid (even though his 83 speed is bigger than Gyarados' 81) and other negatively harsh things. This pokemon is way better than what people percieve it to be.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
Flareon...It made me so angry when I saw the PotW was Flareon so long ago. I don't care, Flareon is a GREAT pokemon. Then again, I have yet to see someone use an eevee evo that was better than one of mine...

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Possibly Honchkrow. I haven't seen many people using it, but nevertheless it has excellent attack and special attack as well as access to Super Luck.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Meganium is extremely underrated, mainly because its been stomped on by OU starters such as Charizard, Swampert and Feraligatr. Not that these OU starters aren't OU for a reason- they're all good.

Clefable is a great 1st gen wall but is smashed by Blissey and Snorlax. My LV 55 Clefable took out a Blissey and Snorlax in the LG Trainer Tower by itself using only Return and Softboiled.

And Lanturn is incredibly UU too....a Charizard's worst nightmare.

Ummm have you played lately? Charizard and Swampert are way down in useage, and Feraligatr is rarely seen in OU. Meganium is a bog standard in UU, and Lanturn and Clefable also get seen a fair bit there. More people really need to play UU...

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Dunsparce, mostly because it's an abuser of hax.

The problem is, most people look to Togekiss for hax abuse.

I think Tangrowth is underrated. Yes I know it's considered BL, but most look down on it (usually because of looks).

duncan

I saw Blue_Harvest using a Mawile, they really own! I think they can survive in OU!

Yes, Mawile CAN be used in OU. As can any other Poke. Unfortunately, it takes absolute perfect timing and prediction for it to work. Still though, I've battled with a couple used to great success.

And yes, Miltank is severely underrated. It has decent stats in all the right places and has served as my team's Physical wall for a long time now.

Quzo

Contrary to the thread I think Cresselia is OVERrated because I think its stats are too low to be uber and I think I seen some people class it as uber. I have 1 on 1 of my PBR teams and people always go for it 1st thinking its real powerful. Sure it has a high special defence/defence but its attack is annoyingly low. Its speacial attack is slightly higher (well on mine it is anyways) but even that is too low to be that of a uber.

As for an UNDERrated pkm I'd say Magikarp because I have a 'legit' 1 on my ruby that has won a master rank cute contest.

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
Chikorita and Sunkern;152;
Almost all first forms are UU. It's obvious.
Murra Myth said:
Flareon...It made me so angry when I saw the PotW was Flareon so long ago. I don't care, Flareon is a GREAT pokemon. Then again, I have yet to see someone use an eevee evo that was better than one of mine...
I still don't understand why Flareon doesn't learn Flare Blitz. With the Flare Blitz it would join to the OUs.

Last edited:
^I seriously doubt it... At best, it'd be BL. I think it needs a signature Fire move that won't hurt it. It deserves at least that much (esp. when Vespi gets a whole 3 of these moves).

Cacturne seems somewhat underrated (it can do subseedpunch but I think it really could use spikes to differentiate from Breloom some more). Isn't it only really seen in SS teams?

Shuckle is UU. I have seen a few people who used it but it's hard to win with a pokemon who has so low HP :/ If Shuckle had HP 350 then would be a great special/physical wall. Actually having it in the team is very risky. That's sad because Shuckle is my favorite bug pokemon.

I don't think shuckel need that much HP, it'd be very hard to kill. What it could use is either Seismic Toss, Recover, a Bug move, or much better attack (it could still be fairly low) so you don't get so damn gimped after Power Trick.

Last edited:

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
I look at the stats of Flareon and believe that having Flare Blitz would help him a lot. Flareon's the strongest stat is ATTACK. It's able to learn only one physical fire move - Fire Fang (very average move). When I was talking with some gamers they told me that Flareon would be used if it had a better movepool. I still can teach him "Fire Blast" but the adamant nature (the best for Flareon) would lower the power of the move. The poor movepool and ATTACK as the strongest side make Flareon the weakest part of the eeveelutions. The second problem is its Speed - I mean, I think Flareon should be faster, though.