• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Underrated Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Saw a guy sweeping some others with a Seaking... Lightningrod/Agility and rain boosted STAB move is nothing to joke about, from a 375 SpA after the boost. He even used it successfully in ubers, as Kyogre check and late-game sweeper, so yeah, it certainly is an underrated threat.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Except Seaking's only point in Ubers is to check Kyogre, which it doesn't even do well.

252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Seaking: 180-212 (59.8 - 70.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Choice Scarf)

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Air Balloon exists for a reason. CB Ferrothorn is set up on and doesn't really hit that hard. Still a surprising set, though.

I wonder why nobody uses Normal Kyurem. Sure, Kyurem-B exists, but it can't stall with SubRoost, whereas Normal Kyurem is an irritating staller. In February, Normal Kyurem was less used than ELECTIVIRE of all things. *facepalm*

Because every single Heatran and their mothers carry air balloon. Tbh, most Heatrans I see don't.

Also, I'm copying this from Smogon:

Using the Choice Banded, max atk, brave: This is what you get.
Gyro Ball (-1) vs. 0/0 Salamence: 77.9% - 91.8%
Gyro Ball vs. 252/184+ Gliscor: 58.8% - 69.5%
Power Whip vs. 252/0 Conkeldurr: 65.2% - 76.8%
Power Whip vs. 192/64 Reuniclus: 73.6% - 86.8%
Power Whip vs. 252/252+ Reuniclus: 52.6% - 62.3%
Power Whip vs. 252/252+ Suicune: 83.7% - 98.5%
Power Whip vs. 252/252+ Hippowdon: 79% - 93.3%
Bulldoze vs. 4/0 Heatran: 101% - 119%
Bulldoze vs. 40/0 Magnezone: 105% - 125%
Explosion vs. 192/64 Zapdos: 80.8% - 95.1%

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
But what about these?
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (136 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (44.98 - 53.11%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 144-171 (36.54 - 43.4%) -- 99.39% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 111-131 (32.36 - 38.19%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 156-183 (40.41 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (128 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 175-207 (39.41 - 46.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also, you have to predict when using CB Ferro. And it's so slow...

But it's still a good set.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
But what about these?
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (136 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (44.98 - 53.11%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO Puts a good dent in him and he has no recovery, so still pretty good, Ferro should win, and I'm pretty sure Power Whip would do more damage.
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 144-171 (36.54 - 43.4%) -- 99.39% chance to 3HKO Very rare to see, and it can't pose a threat to ferrothorn, and it has no recovery and a SR weakness, Ferro wins.
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 111-131 (32.36 - 38.19%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO Good Counter
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 156-183 (40.41 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO lol, 1st thats with Multiscale intact I believe, and 2 ParaShuffle Dnite can't touch Ferro, Ferro wins
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (128 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 175-207 (39.41 - 46.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO Cress, once again, can't touch Ferro, Ferro wins

So yeah, out of all those the only real counter is Scizor.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Steelix. He's a decent counter to a decent amount of the Dragons in Uber, and can phaze them w/ Dragon Tail, hit Back hard with Gyro Ball, etc. And if given the chance to set up with Curse, Zekrom and its Physical friends suddenly find it hard to do... Anything! A great revenge killer, and with Statuses on your foes Pokemon... 0_o

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Steelix. He's a decent counter to a decent amount of the Dragons in Uber, and can phaze them w/ Dragon Tail, hit Back hard with Gyro Ball, etc. And if given the chance to set up with Curse, Zekrom and its Physical friends suddenly find it hard to do... Anything! A great revenge killer, and with Statuses on your foes Pokemon... 0_o

The problem I find with Steelix is the fact that almost all Ubers teams are Sun and Rain. Sun has Ho-Oh, which can set up a sub on Steelix and use Sacred Fire to beat it, and sun has many other physical attackers that get SE STAB on Steelix which make him not as god. MixedKrom can actually beat Steelix with Focus Blast thanks to his horrendous Special Defense. And when against a Rain Team, Steelix is just garbage :/

KillerDraco

Steelix is not a great revenge killer, especially not in the uber tier. It's slow as balls and its attack is average at best.

It may resist Dragon but being weak to both fire and water does it no favors in the uber tier. Fire Blast is pretty common, and things like Reshiram and Ho-Oh will fry Steelix in a hurry. Rain teams absolutely demolish Steelix, this isn't even a question. Its low special defense also means most special attacks will hit it hard.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
But what about these?
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (136 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (44.98 - 53.11%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 144-171 (36.54 - 43.4%) -- 99.39% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 111-131 (32.36 - 38.19%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 156-183 (40.41 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (128 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 175-207 (39.41 - 46.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Landorus-T: True, however, after rocks, Ferrothorn has a chance to 2HKO Landorus-T. And that's with a +Def nature. Most Landorus-T run Adamant anyways. Adamant Landorus-T has 10% chance of getting 2HKO'd. After rocks, it's a firm 2HKO. Landorus can't touch Ferrothorn with its standard Rock/EQ/U-Turn/Stone Edge set anyways, so it can't switch in.

vs Gyarados: I'm pretty sure no Gyarados runs max HP and Def. Most are just offensive oriented. The two sets I've seen: RestTalk and Bulky Support are rare. Anyways, with rocks support, there's a chance to 2HKO Dos. Anyways, the two sets can't do much to Ferro either. Most Gyara that try to switch in usually goes for Taunt, at least I think so.

vs Scizor: Nothing to say there. It's a hard counter, but I'm pretty sure the Iron Barb damage might hurt.

vs Dragonite: Using your statistics, Ferrothorn can 2HKO after SR. If Dragonite doesn't carry Fire Punch then... The set is parashuffling right? Ain't got anything on Ferro.

vs Cress: Like what Sparkbeat said, ain't got anything on Ferro. Ferro still wins.

---

The bottomline is that, you aren't us CB Ferro correctly. It isn't supposed to be Terrakion, come in and proceed to beat everything. CB Ferro's main selling point is its large bulk, accompanied by its large array of resistances and unpredictableness. Also, Ferrothorn needs some team support to make use fully.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Kingdra and Electrode are underrated.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Electrode: Excellent speed, Magnet Rise, can take advantage of Volt Switch thanks to said Speed (to prevent lock-ins, although Dugtrio is a problem -___-),etc.

Not mentioning Explosion because of the nerf.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
vs Landorus-T: True, however, after rocks, Ferrothorn has a chance to 2HKO Landorus-T. And that's with a +Def nature. Most Landorus-T run Adamant anyways. Adamant Landorus-T has 10% chance of getting 2HKO'd. After rocks, it's a firm 2HKO. Landorus can't touch Ferrothorn with its standard Rock/EQ/U-Turn/Stone Edge set anyways, so it can't switch in.

vs Gyarados: I'm pretty sure no Gyarados runs max HP and Def. Most are just offensive oriented. The two sets I've seen: RestTalk and Bulky Support are rare. Anyways, with rocks support, there's a chance to 2HKO Dos. Anyways, the two sets can't do much to Ferro either. Most Gyara that try to switch in usually goes for Taunt, at least I think so.

vs Scizor: Nothing to say there. It's a hard counter, but I'm pretty sure the Iron Barb damage might hurt.

vs Dragonite: Using your statistics, Ferrothorn can 2HKO after SR. If Dragonite doesn't carry Fire Punch then... The set is parashuffling right? Ain't got anything on Ferro.

vs Cress: Like what Sparkbeat said, ain't got anything on Ferro. Ferro still wins.

---

The bottomline is that, you aren't us CB Ferro correctly. It isn't supposed to be Terrakion, come in and proceed to beat everything. CB Ferro's main selling point is its large bulk, accompanied by its large array of resistances and unpredictableness. Also, Ferrothorn needs some team support to make use fully.

Dragonite's set is indeed parashuffling, but some Parashufflers carry Flamethrower instead of Thunder Wave.

Electrode: Excellent speed, Magnet Rise, can take advantage of Volt Switch thanks to said Speed (to prevent lock-ins, although Dugtrio is a problem -___-),etc.

Not mentioning Explosion because of the nerf.

Please explain how does that make Electrode better than Thundurus-T or Galvantula, or Rotom-W. Magnet Rise? Thundurus-T has an additional Flying type, Galvantula is not weak to ground-type attacks and Rotom-W has Levitate. Excellent speed? Fine, but Thundurus-T and Rotom-W can use a Choice Scarf and hit hard right off the bat. And as for Volt Switch, well, the three I've mentioned can use it as well.

The only reason to use Electrode in my opinion is to set up Rain Dance or Sunny Day, but even then, Politoed and Ninetales are here for a reason.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
True, they can use Volt Switch, but they're not AS fast, and so can't utilize it as well. Same goes for MR I suppose.

Also I never once said it was better.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Dragonite's set is indeed parashuffling, but some Parashufflers carry Flamethrower instead of Thunder Wave.

But it'll just be 'shuffling', it won't be PARA shuffling ;)

Electrode is only decent in NU. I've came to like it, but it isn't very strong tbh. It's pretty fast though, but I think the zebra should get more credit due to the fact that it can learn Overheat.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I have to put Porygon2 in there.

He's got titanic defenses, very high HP, and the Download ability to boot. All it takes is moderate investments in defense and plenty in special attack, and he becomes a monster. ~320 or more in each defense, 374 HP, and a 508 special attack stat after a Download boost, coupled with Recover, make this a force to be reckoned with.

KillerDraco

True, they can use Volt Switch, but they're not AS fast, and so can't utilize it as well. Same goes for MR I suppose.

Also I never once said it was better.

On the contrary. Fast users of Volt Switch may get out ASAP, but slower, bulkier users (i.e., Rotom-W) afford the incoming Pokemon a free switch, since it'll take the attack instead of the incoming one.

Electrode may be fast but all it's other stats are generally crummy. Can't take a hit, and barely packs a punch.

Coileach

I have to put Porygon2 in there.

He's got titanic defenses, very high HP, and the Download ability to boot. All it takes is moderate investments in defense and plenty in special attack, and he becomes a monster. ~320 or more in each defense, 374 HP, and a 508 special attack stat after a Download boost, coupled with Recover, make this a force to be reckoned with.

I think pyrogon2 is pretty well established as a beast and a half.
Personally i think jynx, Miltank and mandibuzz get a raw deal.
Once jynx gets a nasty plot boost she's a special tyrant with two powerful STABs to abuse, and dry skin makes her perfect for a rain team.
Miltank has three great abilities at her disposal and is quit diverse.
Mandibuzz is a great toxic stall phaser and owns RU :)

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
^Jynx suffers from the "Hydreigon syndrome". She's just too slow. She also lacks priority moves. At least Breloom has Mach Punch.
Miltank.... There are just way too many Fighting-types.
I agree with Mandibuzz.
But it'll just be 'shuffling', it won't be PARA shuffling ;)

Electrode is only decent in NU. I've came to like it, but it isn't very strong tbh. It's pretty fast though, but I think the zebra should get more credit due to the fact that it can learn Overheat.

ParaShuffler Dragonite can use Flamethrower and have some of its teammates use Thunder Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.