• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Underrated Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conk is pretty underrated. I've used him with a lot of success. He can absorb statuses and with the right predictions he can get a lot of kills. TR conk just kills everything

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
When Gen 5 started, Conkeldurr was actually overrated. Everyone spammed it and it even got into top 10. Nowadays Conk isn't used too much because of its low speed and special defense, as well as the competition it receives from Keldeo and Terrakion.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Conk is pretty underrated. I've used him with a lot of success. He can absorb statuses and with the right predictions he can get a lot of kills. TR conk just kills everything

Aww hell yeah Conks awesome. -w- Specially defensive Bulk Up's where it's at.

When Gen 5 started, Conkeldurr was actually overrated. Everyone spammed it and it even got into top 10. Nowadays Conk isn't used too much because of its low speed and special defense, as well as the competition it receives from Keldeo and Terrakion.

I think that had something to do with the whole Excadrill thing goin on. I guess Conks fall from supremacy amongst fighting types is understandable what with the other Fighters with the cool dual-STAB, but still he's not TOO bad. As mentioned above, the specially defensive Bulk Up set can wreak havoc while absorbing some nice status. Dunno why peeps still Will-O when I use him. xD

Pokemaster173

Pokemon Master
For sure, Pidgeot in normal play throughs. Great sweeper, and with Leftovers/Fly, I beat all of Koga's team with a Level 50 Pidgeot.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
i use ninjask, i havent seen very many of those in battles.
I wouldn't really call it underrated since it's the Poke everyone uses when they want a Baton Passing lead.
For sure, Pidgeot in normal play throughs. Great sweeper, and with Leftovers/Fly, I beat all of Koga's team with a Level 50 Pidgeot.
In game ≠ Competitive

Eaglehawk

Banned

lolz

Anyway I really think Torkoal is really underrated in UU. Yeah. I said it.

As UU becomes more of an offensively based metagame that is still based around hazards, many spinners begin to lose the ability to carry the offensive momentum while still maintaining a good Spinning role. This is where Torkoal comes in. He can serve as either a defensive and offensive pivot that can guarantee ad Spin after Shell Smashing while nuking a lot of things in UU for relatively high damage. Consider it a UU Cloyster if you will. Secondly, after a Shell Smash, his speed jumps to 304, jumping past a large speed benchmark in UU, outspeeding Jolly Heracross, Timid Nidoking, and Jolly/Timid Kingdra.

SonicX28

Eelektross. Nuff said. That guy is bulky enough esp. combined with my Espeon's defensive moves and has enough versatility to take down a good amount of foes and has the ability to learn acid spray. Not the best, but definitely a good pokemon nonetheless.

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
I would say Porygon2. Porygon2 + Evolite + Recover = A very bulky mixed wall. It also helps that he has access to bolt-beam, and various status moves.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I would say that Electivire is very underrated in the RU tier.
It is one of the few electric types that can safely run a mixed set.
Also, it can run a physical set for that matter.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Cobalion is underrated. People think he's outclassed by Lucario due to the latter's higher attacking stats. However, what they fail to realize is that Cobalion should never be played like Luke. Cobalion can set up Stealth Rock very easily thanks to his massive physical bulk, and 90/90 attacking stats aren't terrible. I love how people switch Landorus-T/Gliscor into Cobalion only to get OHKOed by a Hidden Power Ice. He also has access to Volt Switch.

I would say Porygon2. Porygon2 + Evolite + Recover = A very bulky mixed wall. It also helps that he has access to bolt-beam, and various status moves.

Agreed. Porygon 2 is more than capable of holding its ground. It has great bulk and is able to inflict status as well as heal off damage. At the same time it can also be threatening offensively with its decent coverage and great Spc Attack especially if you have Download. Sure it may lack the huge offensive power of Porygon Z but it is a lot more adaptable and has a good amount of offensive ability as well as great bulk which Porygon Z does not. It really just has everything going for it I dont see why more people dont take advantage of that

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I have found Golurk in Ou to be underrated, I tried it recently when testing a friends team and really enjoyed using it

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Isn't Hydreigon a lil underrated? I mean, behind a sub one really can't safely switch into it unless you've got those blobs. And even then it might have Superpower for those instances...

His movepool is SOOO great.

What do you dudes think of Hydrei? I don't see a lot of people talk about or use him very often.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Isn't Hydreigon a lil underrated? I mean, behind a sub one really can't safely switch into it unless you've got those blobs. And even then it might have Superpower for those instances...

What do you dudes think of Hydrei? I don't see a lot of people talk about or use him very often.

Hydreigon is really solid, it's only weak spot is it's speed

Eaglehawk

Banned

He's a wallbreaking nuke. Nuff said.

I always hear how people say he should be a Scarfer, when actually shouldn't. He should be played as a straight-up LO wallbreaker.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Tested SubPetaya Empoleon in the rain. Gosh, he's so amazing imo.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Torrent
12 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 238 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Ice Beam

Most of people forget that Empoleon has a good ability to sweep. +1 Empoleon totally beast. The EVs that spread into HP because you only need 3 subs instead of 4 subs with the original set one. Then you also get boosted by Torrent that boost the Water type attack on the pinch (<25% of HP). +1 Empoleon OHKO Skarmory, Thundurus-T, Scizor, Magnezone, Forretress in the rain with STAB Surf, 2HKO Keldeo, Rotom-W with HP Grass. And if you pick Ice Beam over HP Grass, you could also kill many dragons that locked into Outrage. Personally, I liked HP Grass better because it hits thread like ScarfKeldeo locked into Hydro Pump. And Surf can 2HKO most dragons in the rain. But Empoleon can't stand to face Ferrothorn and Blissey. Even with +1, Empoleon only can 3HKO them. Despite cannot take Ferrothorn and Blissey out, Empoleon still has Agility to outspeed some Scarfer. Gives him the perfect speed to sweep. Some people think that Empoleon is a underrated sweeper. But I think, Empoleon is great in OU. He can also teammates by Thundurus-T who coverage his weakness. They coverage each other very well. They check thread like Rotom-W and ScarfKeldeo.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
The problems with SubPetaya Empoleon are:
1. Getting that Substitute / Agility. Even with its Steel typing, 60 base speed sucks. Also, Keldeo is everywhere and that stupid Scarf variant will outspeed and revenge kill Empoleon even at +2. Same for Terrakion and Latios.
2. The competition it faces from Keldeo.

Not that it sucks, but there's a reason it's not very common.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I feel like Hippo deserves more usage. It's mixed special defensive set takes literally every hit I have ever needed it to and it almost always asks for seconds. I've used TTar quite a bit but I find weather wars soooo much easier with Hippo it isn't funny

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
TBH 100% honest, Flareon *hides in corner* Nah, im just kidding, it is really good. It has all it needs between Guts+Flame Charge+Facade or, you can end a BP chain with it, it gets Stored Power+Fire Blast+HP [Grass]+Signal Beam to murder everything after a few boosts. IMO, it should be UU. SR Is NOT everything, and not every physical fire type needs flare Blitz! Such as Houndoom (Mixed) is in UU without Flare blitz!

Status
Not open for further replies.