• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Undertale

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
As one of the most popular video games on Steam currently, after watching plays from youtube (Espeicialy Devin from Marriland) and playing it myself, these are the things on what I can honestly say about this game.

For Role Playing Game fans, Japanese or Western, its is great game to PUNISH us so balls hard! Why? This game makes a beautiful mockery of every mechanic RPG games. Like this game topsy-turvies the rules a lot.

No killing of anyone and be merciful to every enemy you fight. Do you know any other Role Playing Game where a Pacifist nature of playing RPG is applicable? I'm afraid Pokemon doesn't make a cut for I see Undertale interpreting "Fainting" as forcing to fight and kill something. Final Fantasy? Ohh hell no? Rune Factory? I'm so sorry but it fails in some way.

Besides giving this video game a spin, I want to know your thoughts at to how Undertale beautifully insults and punishes us gamers from enjoying the bliss of grinding and resetting. Well, I don't see RPG's as a fully empowering genre now.

From tvtropes on Breaking the fourth wall:

Getting the No Mercy ending again after getting it the first time will result in a massive session of Leaning on the Fourth Wall. The First Child discusses the nature of leveling up in RPGs and getting stronger through murder. The game very heavily implies that the First Child is a personification of player characters in RPGs: an absurdly strong, completely evil, invincible entity that is summoned into a game as your pawn, allowing you to reset the world and mess around with its inhabitants to your liking with the ability to perform resets (read: New Game) and endless retries (read: Saving and loading).

Spacial

procrastination
I just bought the game and I'm loving the humour. The soundtrack is also really effective.

Kataphrut

Undertale is one of the wittiest games I've played, and I love how it deconstructs basically every gaming trope. The battle system is so creative, and that combined with the awesome music makes the boss battles a real treat. Plus, the characters are great; the skeleton brothers deserve to be iconic characters.

Ironically one of the best JRPGs since Persona was made by an American bloke. But, the best WRPG in recent memory was made by a Japanese developer and is called 'Bloodborne' so maybe there is something to be said for cultural appropriation.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Just out of interest, to those that had either watched this being played by other youtubers or played it by yourselves, what does the game really tell you on the concept of its unique game design?

You see, this game is oddly attuning to games like Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft Story Mode in terms of the Fluid Morality Principle (you have the freedom to choose on how you play the game and you will be fine. No harm no foul). But Undertale has REAL MORALITY PRINCIPLE as the game's basis. For me, after watching Devin and Jacksepticeye completed the game, for some players, they appreciate this game for remembering every action that you do in the game (both good and bad actions). Like how many games use the real morality principle where others tell others not to do a Genocide / Merciless Run?

This gamemakes me see video games in a new light. Oh how so many of the games we have kinda only promotes killing for experience.

Spacial

procrastination
Reaching the end of the game after a hiatus - really like how EXP and LOVE played out. I did my first run as a genocide run to see the implications of it and was not disappointed. Sans, Alphys - this game is very strong and I just love the study of morality in video games.

V

Shiny Hunter
I simply are this game. Sans is one of my favorite character is any video game ever, simply because of how dynamic he is. I'm going to put speculation on him in a spoiler, since much of his character development relies on spoiling things.

Sans is one of the few characters openly aware of is existence within a game. He doesn't quite break the fourth wall- he doesn't openly admit or know he is in a video game exactly, but he is aware of the existence of the other save games you have. In his speech as a boss battle (genocide run) he admits that he has long given up on getting to the surface because he knows they will end up where they started with no memory of it- deleting your save file and beginning again. He is also one of the most powerful monsters you can encounter. Though it takes just one hit to kill him, he puts up one of the toughest fights in the entire game. (Not to mention has the coolest boss battle music in the game - in my humble opinion. :) )

Just knowing you live in a world where everything will one day be reset by a single human child at any given time isn't what makes him so cool to me, though. His laid back nature and constant comic relief masking the deep connection he has with the world around him is just brilliant to me. I absolutely love tragic characters, and Sans' monologues during the boss fight and also when you're rescuing his soul from Asriel are so deep and heartbreaking.

I'm also a sucker for puns- what can I say? Sans has one mean funny bone ;)

Torpoleon

I don't really know anything about this game, but on the Best Game Ever 20th Anniversary Edition thing that GameFaqs is hosting, I'm shocked that this game beat Mario World, Pokémon Red/Blue and has a slight lead over Mario 64.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
And yet at the Game Awards 2015 it was defeated in best Indie Game by a bad football simulator with jet engine cars.

Proof that the awards were fixed.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
To everyone that talked here, do you agree that we may need more games that emphasizes the themes of great consequences both in story and gameplay?

"An RPG where nobody has to die."

You know, I just may train myself with RPG maker and build a gameplay mechanic where hurting penalizes you. Perhaps pacifist peace games are one of the few things this game industry longs for.

For me, Mettaton is my all time favorite here for being the one character that I find being the middle man. Why?

He is going to kill you to take your soul. BUT, his agenda of fame is not much of the real reason. Rather, he is stopping Ashore's destructive agenda. Probably one of the best of the simplest Anti-Hero characters I really love. Who could not love a game show killer robot? Awesome concoction. Oddly...

Sans take second, sorry bro. I still like you, but you haunted and tortured my perception of Role Playing Games for life.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Just played and finished it. Granted, I spoiled myself silly beforehand (which is what made me want to play it...). Got Pacifist (+ all yellow credits!). Zero interest in Genocide; I'm the kind of person who would've gone Pacifist whether I'd have been spoiled or not since I'm just that nice, and so I'd really gain nothing from it - I'm satisfied with my lot, thanks. I'll just give my timeline their happy ending. :3

Great game. Here's my review:

Good points:

- I'm a sucker for characterisation anyway, and boy is the main cast here great. Love 'em all and can't really pick a favourite, which is an acheivement. They'll be sure to stick with me going into next year, and probably longer. If only there had been date scenes for everyone - the three we got were fantastic (four, if Sans' count). I think they got the balance of flaws and strengths right for all the core cast - even the antagonists who do want to kill the main character end up being sympathetic, which makes a Pacifist route all the more satisfying - and I've heard they become heroes in Genocide which also fits them very well! It's a hugely varied cast but all the connections and relationships between each other are endearing and everyone has a role to play in the story no matter which version it is.

- The soundtrack is excellent as well (made sure to buy that and put a selection of tunes on my phone - so good to listen to). Chiptuney but with great melodies and recurring themes, with nice orchestration as well. The first, fourth and fifth boss themes are probably my favourite, but even the area themes are lovely to listen to.

- The dodging mechanic is pretty neat - might need a little more polishing, but as a mechanic it's fine - and compensates for Pacifist routes when you don't level up and so don't get more HP as the enemies get stronger. I only died five times in Neutral (though probably five times against the Pacifist final boss alone...) but never more than once against any boss other than that and each time I could work out where I went wrong as opposed to simply getting stuck and frustrated. The various boss heart colours shake it up a bit as well to make those encounters more interesting and memorable. The attacks are also used to reflect the characters in various ways, which is an interesting way to do things as well!

- The humour is very to my liking - very sarcastic and character based with a few bad puns thrown in for good measure. Even after seeing each joke several times, it was still entertaining even if I didn't laugh out loud.

- I've heard of a lot of deconstruction games that tend to punish players for committing a morally wrong action that the game itself forces you into. I like how this one gives you the choice. Indeed, the idea of a game where you can take nonviolent solutions to defeating your enemies was one I considered before but found impractical for an RPG type game - I'm glad to see that it works so well.

- Even though it's sprite based, it's not in your face about being retro, instead just having a pleasant nostalgic feel - and I haven't even played any NES/SNES/original Gameboy games! The character design on the whole is also pleasant to look at, with a nice, simplistic and cartoony feel to it.

- The story is also very good, it's made up of differing segments per area that are nicely interwoven through the characters themselves, creating an almost episodic structure with plenty of variety in each part while still feeling consistent and as part of the same story. Each segment has both humour and heart, and the ending I got was sweet and cheesy in the best possible way. The backstory is intriguing and explains a lot without being complicated, and the same goes for the main story as well - it's not that there's a lot going on, it's that it's made engaging and meaningful through the dialogue and characters. The little extra tidbits of backstory and dialogue you find just makes the core story all the sweeter.

- As well as the 'bigger' secrets, like a couple of locked rooms and Temmie Village and whatnot, I love the little details that the game puts in to react to odd things you may have done to give it life or just a bit of humour. I ended up getting all the things I wanted done in my playthrough anyway so I have no reason to go back, but it's stuff like this that make each person's games more unique and personalised to them - whether it's if you preferred cinnamon or butterscotch or if you maybe had your playthrough with pink names when sparing enemies rather than yellow (as I did!). It just makes it so much more of a fulfilling experience when there's stuff to mess around with a bit outside of the important stuff.

I do have a few criticisms, though:

- I don't think the Neutral endings are particularly well written. Well, okay, some of them are, such as the ones where nobody dies, but after looking them up a lot of them feel lacklustre. Which I get why, they want you to go Pacifist and see the real ending, but they should still stand on their own even then. More to the point, I think they're very disproportionate as well - the endings don't necessarily get worse the more people die, which seems weird for such a morality based game like this. I don't think it really fits the theme of the player's actions having consequences when a) you can kill several important people and still have the underground being pretty well off and b) a lot of the problems the underground experiences in these endings are to do with who survived to become leader than the void left by the dead, which can lead to weird circumstances where killing off a character gives you a better ending than if they lived. Special mention goes to the Mettaton endings, which exaggerate the character's flaws far beyond what we've seen in the rest of the story and completely ignore his good points to the point of being HORRIFICALLY out of character.

- While the bosses and minibosses are very memorable, not all of the random enemies are, and I particularly found the late game (Hotland/Core) ones to be lacking in terms of design and personality. The Ruins enemies can get away with being plain, Snowdin's enemies are designed by the excellent Magnolia Porter (I'm a fan of her webcomic) and many of Waterfall's at least get a bit of character development on the side - meanwhile, I didn't find Tsunderplane to be interesting since it's a bit too explicit of an anime reference, and the Core's weren't all that quirky in terms of design or sparing mechanic to me. I think some more enemies could do with background info or out of the box sparing methods (not to the point of the bosses, but unusual actions or combinations thereof).

- Some elements, such as certain puzzles like Snowdin and Hotland (not Papyrus' puzzles or the TV segments, the non plot important ones) or the inclusion of so many dog minibosses, can get a bit old (albeit not completely frustrating). I think a run button would have been a nice inclusion as well since backtracking can be tedious, particularly towards the end of the game when you might have to walk through entire areas again which can take ages.

- There's a particular, highly spoiler based character that frustrates me. Long story short, their personality, nature and even if they have an active presence in the story contradict each other on both extreme routes, and as a result I have difficulty figuring out what this character is supposed to even be like. This is an issue since this character is of critical importance to the background of the story itself and also the main message to an extent due to what they represent. It feels like another example of the story sacrificing its characters - the strongest element of it - to make a point, in addition to my first complaint. It'd be nice if more about this character was clarified in the story, such as why they differ so wildly.

- The integration of the story and gameplay ranges from clever to a bit intrusive. In particular, I liked their take on the levelling system because it was an interesting spin on things that made sense from an in universe perspective. I felt that saving, on the other hand, felt kind of intrusive in a way that took me out of the universe a bit, particularly near the end of the Neutral version of the story. While I commend the game for playing with RPG conventions a bit, I don't feel fully comfortable with the wonderful world and characters it created being reduced to just a game even in the context of the universe it set up.

Even despite my complaints (which are either minor quibbles or only matter when taking routes other than my Pacifist one into account), it's probably one of my favourite games this year, if not ever - 9/10 worthy at least. If you like stuff like Paper Mario, I'd highly recommend this. (Though it won't affect my views on other RPGs like Pokemon... If the enemies only get knocked out rather than explicitly killed like in Underle, then I don't think the message really applies, does it?)

Last edited:

Innocentmercy

Undertale is a very interesting game :D I love the characters so much, especially the random enemies. Encountering Tsunderplane is just hilarious!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Bit late, but I got the Mercy t-shirt for Christmas. :) Concerned it wouldn't arrive on time since we live in the UK and the website said it wouldn't arrive in time for Christmas, but it did! It looks really cool, I like how they included all the major characters on it.

~Emolga~

Just A Crazy Fangirl
I have bought this game recently and have loved it very much. There's so much detail in this game you'll most likely miss some of it. You have to do both the Genocide route and Pacifist route to get the full story. (Although I just watched a Genocide playthrough cause I don't have the guts to do it).

The soundtrack is amazing and this game introduces so many characters to love. From big major characters from Sans, Papyrus and Undyne to little minor characters like Temmie, Lesser Dog and Onionsan, you'll find yourself loving a lot of these characters (which is why the Genocide route is harsh).

The game has an amazing plot as well and a villain you can easily underestimate but will kick your butt later in the game (whether it be Pacifist or Genocide).

I would love to go on about how amazing this game is, but the above users already mostly took the words out of my mouth, well brain in this case.

All of these words I typed came from the heart. I love this game so much, and because of this game I am going to start to play the Earthbound series.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
This is good.

I got the game a week or two ago and went in basically blind.
Which was much better than if I had just been spoiled on certain things but it necessitated me to play the game like four times.

So uh yeah. Gonna try to not spoil things.
Got the LV 1 Ending finally, and, well, I reset.
I tried to get the LV 20 ending after, but I reset after killing just one Whimsum. I can't do this :C
Just reset and got another LV 1 ending. (With all Yellow Names too!.
Except Mad Dummy because stupid reasons uggggghhhhh why is that thing so random)
Also got the mystery door to open. That was the true challenge.

I really don't know what to say.
Seems like talking won't do anymore good.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
^ I wonder how that happened. I managed to get an all yellow ending myself. I have no idea how the Mad Dummy of all things can even be gotten with white credits since there's only one resolution to the fight - the wiki doesn't state anything about that, either.

I congratulate you for having the heart not to go with Genocide, by the way. I've heard of people quitting after Papyrus or one of the harder bosses, but a random enemy? That's actually quite nice to hear (...I'm a sap and can't even really watch it; apart from the final fight I know everything purely from hearsay!) Though you managed to get the door in the snow area to open? Wow. That's some impressive skills.

Anyways, as you may know, there was a patch for the game a few days ago. I haven't personally tried it (don't have a Steam copy and I don't plan on replaying it after getting my Pacifist ending) but I know of some substantial changes.

The game's been made more colourblind friendly for one thing and some glitches have been cleaned up.

There's more dialogue as well, such as some for Papyrus in certain circumstances as well as Burgerpants (though I don't know about you but I don't trust anything the guy says; he smokes on the job (and it may not be tobacco) and has a really cynical view of even nice characters like Bratty and Catty - no way are the stories he says about how Mettaton treats him at least not embellished quite a bit... Yeah, guess who my least favourite character is. And yeah, I've noticed that I defend Mettaton a lot... He's not necessarily my favourite, but the guy seems to get a bad rap ingame compared to everyone else in terms of the story when he doesn't seem significantly worse in terms of pure personality traits and motivations than a lot of the main cast. :/ I'm willing to defend any main cast member, at that - I hate the edgy theories that killing them all is justified and so they might deserve to die when there's a perfectly good nonfatal solution...)

Some of the stats on the Check screen have also been altered to be much higher (I think Papyrus went from 7/2 to 20/20, for example), although this has no bearing over how strong they really are in the game, it's just cosmetic. There are some silly ones as well added in, such as the Check stats for Temmies.

The biggest and most interesting change, however...

Wingdings Gaster and his followers no longer require hacking to be encountered, as the 'Fun' values needed for them just work with the plain old 'fun' values generated in the game naturally. Meaning that they're now a little less secret, easier to be found by anyone and a little more canon perhaps as well...

On another note, my mum actually made some butterscotch cinnamon pie today - well, it was more of a tart, but still. She used a recipe from the Internet, this one to be precise, as it's fairly simple and not too indulgent. It tastes pretty good - although mainly of cinnamon, so if butterscotch was your preference you may want to find a different recipe. ;)

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
With the fame of this game, do you find this game as both the most violent and most peaceful game? Warning: Spoilers on this video. I HIGHLY suggest you play or watch playthroughs of this game completely first.

For me, I think there is something interesting aspect of Pacifist Route Vs Genocide Route.

You know how games is about player immersion? For me this is how I see this game can immerse you to the story and the casts. The more you take the peaceful route and not kill anything, the more engaged they are to the story and the gameplay. More so, you are sticking to the game's message of peacefulness and theoretically making the player not have much of a freedom to kill even a single thing despite the illusion of freedom. This is how I see the Pacifist run. I mean, you named your character. But in the end, you are playing AS FRISK. NOT as YOU.

For Genocide, it is designed to BREAK immersion because you have a goal of just seeing what happens at the end. Genocide is more like you want to see what would happen to your favorite characters when you push their emotions and character to their limits. Heck. At times, I see genocide players acting in conflict with themselves and the characters for they somewhat lost their care for them or somewhat wanted to stop but they could not just to see the bad ending. Simply, the player IS YOU. YOU ARE NOT Frisk.

Now imagine as to what might happen if NINTENDO picks up the success of this game and applies it to their games like Pokemon. I mean, imagine a Pokemon Game, Main or Spin-off, where the game talks to you about deleting it. But importantly, where your actions are remembered EVEN if you created a new file and deleted the old one. I think I might want o create one game where every action is remembered in a console. What to keep in mind is that it has to be the player who TRIGGERS the endings and results.

Honestly, I found this comment on you tube that explains and sees the game the way I can see it too.

I like the Pacifist run a lot, for deepish, literary, game innovation-y, Idea channelish type reasons. But also because it just hit a soft spot with funny characters and old school anime style optimistic sincerity. But on the note of it not feeling natural, I perceive something kind of intentional in that. Genocide and Pacifist are things you kind of have to push yourself to do, whereas neutral is just ... neutral. This is how I see it: Neutral is a self insert, choose your own adventure. The character for most of the game seems a blank slate until two points at the end, once where Sans judges you for your actions and playstyle, the intended effect is he'se speaking to YOU the player, and then after beating flowey you see the consequences of your actions. Neutral is about real life YOU. Pacifist is a little different, pacifist is about losing yourself and being fully immersed in another world. The challenge of pacifist is twofold: the obvious part is to be a better, more patient, courageous person than you are in the real world. The other part of the challenge is to truly, deeply engage with and feel for the diverse beings and aspects of this world. Doing this makes you into somebody else, Frisk specifically. Pacifist is about role playing and suspension of disbelief. Genocide is something else entirely. Genocide is played usually, like Pac, as a personal challenge. It's mostly done just to do it, players want the bragging rights, and they want to be able say they saw everything this game has to offer. The game takes that attitude and criticizes you for it and then re-contextualizes it. What's really making you do this? And who are you when you do it? There are points when you do feel immersed in that roleplaying kind of a way, but differently from Pac. There are moments where you really feel like you are playing as a literal horror game monster. Then finally you're told you were never really in control to begin with by a malevolent being who crashes your game and steals your soul and holds you files hostage. Genocide is about not really knowing who you are on an existential and moral level.

My interpretation of all three is that the whole game is about not being too grown up or cynical to lose yourself in a fictional world, or too removed to empathize and connect with fictional characters in a game (or anything else). Pacifist represents the ultimate success and rewards of this suspencion of disbelief. Neutral represents varying levels of inability to suspend disbelief and what that denies you. And Genocide is about engaging with games in a completely callous, cynical, unempathetic manner that ultimately proves a bitter, hollow experience.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
^ I wonder how that happened. I managed to get an all yellow ending myself. I have no idea how the Mad Dummy of all things can even be gotten with white credits since there's only one resolution to the fight - the wiki doesn't state anything about that, either.

I congratulate you for having the heart not to go with Genocide, by the way. I've heard of people quitting after Papyrus or one of the harder bosses, but a random enemy? That's actually quite nice to hear (...I'm a sap and can't even really watch it; apart from the final fight I know everything purely from hearsay!) Though you managed to get the door in the snow area to open? Wow. That's some impressive skills.

Anyways, as you may know, there was a patch for the game a few days ago. I haven't personally tried it (don't have a Steam copy and I don't plan on replaying it after getting my Pacifist ending) but I know of some substantial changes.

The game's been made more colourblind friendly for one thing and some glitches have been cleaned up.

There's more dialogue as well, such as some for Papyrus in certain circumstances as well as Burgerpants (though I don't know about you but I don't trust anything the guy says; he smokes on the job (and it may not be tobacco) and has a really cynical view of even nice characters like Bratty and Catty - no way are the stories he says about how Mettaton treats him at least not embellished quite a bit... Yeah, guess who my least favourite character is. And yeah, I've noticed that I defend Mettaton a lot... He's not necessarily my favourite, but the guy seems to get a bad rap ingame compared to everyone else in terms of the story when he doesn't seem significantly worse in terms of pure personality traits and motivations than a lot of the main cast. :/ I'm willing to defend any main cast member, at that - I hate the edgy theories that killing them all is justified and so they might deserve to die when there's a perfectly good nonfatal solution...)

Some of the stats on the Check screen have also been altered to be much higher (I think Papyrus went from 7/2 to 20/20, for example), although this has no bearing over how strong they really are in the game, it's just cosmetic. There are some silly ones as well added in, such as the Check stats for Temmies.

The biggest and most interesting change, however...

Wingdings Gaster and his followers no longer require hacking to be encountered, as the 'Fun' values needed for them just work with the plain old 'fun' values generated in the game naturally. Meaning that they're now a little less secret, easier to be found by anyone and a little more canon perhaps as well...

On another note, my mum actually made some butterscotch cinnamon pie today - well, it was more of a tart, but still. She used a recipe from the Internet, this one to be precise, as it's fairly simple and not too indulgent. It tastes pretty good - although mainly of cinnamon, so if butterscotch was your preference you may want to find a different recipe. ;)

Literally no idea.
I replayed it (yes im a monster) and got it this time, though, so idk.

Well I mean I always felt bad for Whimsun and got sad when I found one and Consoled it so I mean.

It took a day :/
A lot of tries on that day, but it happened.
My buddy managed to get the door on their third try though. No idea how anyone manages that.

Anyway, the Patch.
It provides Nicepants as an actual thing in the game and not totally fanon, too.

Mettaton's pretty great, and is definitely my favourite character in the game after goatdad and otakulizard.

As for fun, its interesting. I thought it wasn't a typo but intentionally switched between regular fun and the capitalized version but I'm probably wrong.

Alsooo the clamgirl that talks about Suzy actually does something now.
Just another one of sans' pictures but hey. Its something.

Oh and that recipe looks pretty good. Too bad I prefer Bscotch though :U

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Eh, replaying True Pacifist isn't so bad as resetting and going Genocide. I won't get mad. ;)

And yeah, Whimsuns are as cute as heck. My personal favourite standard enemy will always be Snowdrake, though. He has a 'cool' way of being spared and I like his backstory.

I congratulate you for your 'determination' in opening that door then!

If by 'Nicepants being canon' you mean the Nice Cream Guy might have a crush on Burgerpants... maybe I can see it. It's not going to be reciprocated, though, because BP's a jerk and is just using NCG. Also because he creeps on Bratty and Catty. The pairing always seemed odd to me, though, in that the characters never interacted in the base game and their only real link was being teenage salesmen. How it caught on, I'll never know.

(...Actually, a lot of the patch dialogue seems really fan-fictiony to me. Like it's heavily based on what the fans were talking about beforehand. That's a bit of a turnoff for me, since I don't really like excessively fanservicey things)

Actually, I lied about him not being one of my favourites. It's more like I have a lot of favourites. Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Mettaton, Asgore and Napstablook are all characters I really like. That's a sign of (mostly) great character writing, I guess. Apart from my neutral ending complaint listed above, these guys are all written very well.

I thought the Fun/fun thing was like that too, actually. Though with the change, who knows? The clamgirl thing is weird, though - the Suzy stuf had nothing to do with Sans, so why?

If you don't mind cinnamon, it might be good to try it. It tastes like cinnamony cake batter. Yum.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh, yeah, definitely. I watched my aforemented friend go through Genocide and it was painful to watch and hear their frustrayion on Undyne.

Yeah, Snowdrake is pretty "cool". ... geddit? Nah, I think Shyren is really neat myself but idk if she counts as she's a scripted encounter?

Oh, I just meant that there's at least some stuff relating to it actually jn the game rather than just being a total crack pairing. I don't ship the two personally but I mean.

It does seem to be the case. I don't really mind as much as long as it doesn't get fullblown or makes Soriel canon and explicitly stated or something.

Yeah, I personally don't really dislike any characters in the game, as they're basically all sympathetic and relatable and have somethjng likeable about them. I mean, though Asgore, Alphys, and Mettaton are my favourite characters in the game, it doesn't mean you can't like other characters too.
And yeah, my only real complaint with the writing was the Neutral Ending but even then, the way the battles happened it seems like Toby just kind of wrote himself into a corner.

I have no idea. I do notice Suzy is talked about much less than the other Fun stuff, but that's maybe because all we know is a name and approximate age. Still though, I wouldn't put it past Toby to use Clamgirl as a flag if only to just raise awareness of Suzy, even if she ends up being totally irrelevant.

Yeah, I actually tried another recipe online too, but the cinnamon was just overpowering in that case. I like cinnamon, but I'd like it better if the butterscotch was the domjnant flavour and cinnamon an aftertaste.
I thought about maybe using cinnamon exclusively in the dough, though.

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
I got the game yesterday after constantly talking about it with friends (which, sadly, also caused me to spoil pretty much everything for myself...).

I actually decided to go for the Genocide route as my first playthrough. Just so I have that over with and so I can redeem myself later.
The beginning was kinda tedious though, mostly because you had to hunt enemies down and the encounter rate seemed pretty low. Though, I feel like Hotland didn't have this problem, oddly enough...
People might not approve of me saying this, but I actually had fun doing the Genocide route once I got later in it. Mostly because of the satisfaction of growing more powerful and just being an all-around jerk. Call me a "monster", "Flowey", etc. I did find enjoyment in the Genocide route.
The puzzle sections had me laughing all the way through, especially since the protagonist didn't want to play along at all and Papyrus just stops trying after a while.

I also didn't have problem killing people like Papyrus or Toriel, which is apparently why most people don't go for Genocide.
Don't get me wrong; I have seen the game before and I love Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne and pretty much everyone else. It's not like I "didn't get to know them properly", because I kinda already know them.
Maybe I just accepted the fact that I was the bad guy and had to kill them...or maybe I'm Flowey and have no feelings at all. Maybe going through Pacifist will make me care more, though I kinda doubt that...

I'm looking forward to doing Pacifist, considering Genocide is apparently the "Not Fun" path yet I had fun going through it...and also becasuse genOCIDE IS DIFFICULT,
While you only get to fight 2 bosses, THEY ARE HARD. I've spend so many hours fighting them.

The only reason I beat Undyne was because I paid extra attention to her last attack and got lucky; if I messed up then I would have been killed.
Her attacks will throw you off if you don't pay attentions and they hit like a truck! Even with the extra invincibility frames from the Notebook and Glasses, Undyne was a pain to fight!

But Sans...
Oh gods... I've spend like 12 hours fighting him and I still haven't beaten him. I'm seriously shaking from fighting him. Sans is probably the hardest boss I've ever faced in a video game. I've died 62 times to him (yeah, I counted).
I'm not giving up though. I've made it this far, I might as well finish what I started. :)

Overall, I'm not disappointed.
not to mention i can play through the game on fullscreen without the game looking awful/lagging

now go throw fire at me for killing everyone