• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Have you ever been just playing through a Pokemon game and then suddenly, something unexpected happens?

For example: I was just running around Floccesy Ranch in my Black 2 game, when out of nowhere, a Riolu appeared. I wasn't paying attention to the game and the next thing I knew, there was a Pokemon with a 5% encounter rate right there in front of me! Has this ever happened to you?

Hilda

Seeing Latias on Sapphire randomly. I didn't know it was a roaming Pokemon and I thought it was a normal wild Pokemon of that area.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Cobalion jumping in front of the protagonist in B2W2. It came from nowhere.

And when I saw that Probopass can learn the elemental punches. Wtf...

I wasn't expecting to find Latios on my Ruby game, and when it appeared I had no idea what to do. I also wasn't expecting to get Pokerus either of the times I got it. The first time, I didn't know whether it was bad or good. The second time, I wasn't expecting the odds of me getting it randomly again.

Also in Lostlorn Forest when the random backpacker was Zoroark.

Yes, that was wierd . . . And how Alder jumps off a huge cliff on Route 19 when you can only jump tiny ledges. TT

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Ghetsis trying to murder you in B2W2. I mean, why!? You know him for about 5 Minutes and he tries to kill you.

Seeing Celebi for the first time was also really unexpected. I was out of the loop in Gen2, but ended up getting Colloseum at a rental store. Not only was it weird to see 2 generations of Pokemon that I had missed, but seeing Celebi was perhaps the most enigmatic. The way that it was uncatchable and completely unknown made me so attached to it. I'm still really attached to it, because it captures that wonder and excitement of experiencing Pokemon for the first time a second time.

Flame Mistress

This. Also in Lostlorn Forest when the random backpacker was Zoroark.

Yeah, that thing scared the flip out of me.

I was also surprised at how easy the E4 and the Champion were... And even more surprised when I managed to knock out Iris' Hydreigon with just a super-effective, critical-hit Megahorn from my Heracross.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I didn't expect Klinklang to learn Trick Room or Emboar with Scald.

I think Emboar's scald is the pokemon urinating...

Anyway, I was SR'ing in the nature preserve for an adamant shiny haxorus WITH Mold Breaker. When I got it, it's highest IV's were in it's attack stat! I was TOTALLY not expecting that!

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Well the the other day I was battling Burge in White 2 he was down to his Leavanny and I decided to use my Servine against my better judgement. For the next 3 or 4 turns he used Sting Shot while I kept hammering away with Leaf Tornado and when he attacked it left Servine with just 1 HP. I wanted Servine to fight till the end so I didn't withdraw her but when Leavanny attacked again it's attack missed! Then again! And Again!! And Again!!! And Eventually my lovely Female Servine came out on top after a few Cuts! It's amazing what a few Accuracy reductions can do... To tell you the truth... I felt like Ash after that battle cause he's always been known to use Pokemon with a type disadvantage and usually win!

TheGreaterLucario

This is kinda'- no, scratch that- REALLY weird. So I'm playing my Platinum, trying to catch a Tropius in the Pastoria Great Marsh. I'm on the phone with a friend of mine at the time, and my friend, after I complain to him about the frequent Woopers, jokingly said 'Wooper Powers Activate!' So, I encounter my next Pokemon aaaaaand... Wooper. Thinking that it was just a coincidence, I just keep trying to find a Tropius. The next thing I encountered was..... another Wooper. The next 3 Pokemon I encountered after that: ALL Woopers! Then he said 'Tropius Powers Activate!' Wanna' guess what the next Pokemon I found was after he said that? Yeah. Tropius.

This is kinda'- no, scratch that- REALLY weird. So I'm playing my Platinum, trying to catch a Tropius in the Pastoria Great Marsh. I'm on the phone with a friend of mine at the time, and my friend, after I complain to him about the frequent Woopers, jokingly said 'Wooper Powers Activate!' So, I encounter my next Pokemon aaaaaand... Wooper. Thinking that it was just a coincidence, I just keep trying to find a Tropius. The next thing I encountered was..... another Wooper. The next 3 Pokemon I encountered after that: ALL Woopers! Then he said 'Tropius Powers Activate!' Wanna' guess what the next Pokemon I found was after he said that? Yeah. Tropius.

LOL! That is too funny! XD