1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Sceptile&Hydreigon, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Sceptile&Hydreigon

Sceptile&Hydreigon I liek pie

Have you ever been just playing through a Pokemon game and then suddenly, something unexpected happens?

For example: I was just running around Floccesy Ranch in my Black 2 game, when out of nowhere, a Riolu appeared. I wasn't paying attention to the game and the next thing I knew, there was a Pokemon with a 5% encounter rate right there in front of me! Has this ever happened to you?

2. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

I didn't expect Klinklang to learn Trick Room or Emboar with Scald.

3. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

Seeing Latias on Sapphire randomly. I didn't know it was a roaming Pokemon and I thought it was a normal wild Pokemon of that area.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Cobalion jumping in front of the protagonist in B2W2. It came from nowhere.

And when I saw that Probopass can learn the elemental punches. Wtf...

5. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

This. Also in Lostlorn Forest when the random backpacker was Zoroark.

6. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

I wasn't expecting to find Latios on my Ruby game, and when it appeared I had no idea what to do. I also wasn't expecting to get Pokerus either of the times I got it. The first time, I didn't know whether it was bad or good. The second time, I wasn't expecting the odds of me getting it randomly again.

7. Sceptile&Hydreigon

Yes, that was wierd . . . And how Alder jumps off a huge cliff on Route 19 when you can only jump tiny ledges. TT

8. Liltwick

Liltwick Life Cheating Game

Ghetsis trying to murder you in B2W2. I mean, why!? You know him for about 5 Minutes and he tries to kill you.

9. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

Yes! I was trying to do that to get to Virbank City or something faster!

10. SolidWolverine

SolidWolverine Well-Known Member

Was just walking through the grass in White and randomly ran into a zangoose. Never had one before so that was pretty amazing

11. Dragalge

I don't expect critical hits to land during tournements that give you a flawless Shiny when you win, guess its just luck.

12. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

Seeing Celebi for the first time was also really unexpected. I was out of the loop in Gen2, but ended up getting Colloseum at a rental store. Not only was it weird to see 2 generations of Pokemon that I had missed, but seeing Celebi was perhaps the most enigmatic. The way that it was uncatchable and completely unknown made me so attached to it. I'm still really attached to it, because it captures that wonder and excitement of experiencing Pokemon for the first time a second time.

13. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Yeah, that thing scared the flip out of me.

I was also surprised at how easy the E4 and the Champion were... And even more surprised when I managed to knock out Iris' Hydreigon with just a super-effective, critical-hit Megahorn from my Heracross.

14. Dragalge

Yeah I found the Zoroark guy to be a bit creepy, just some guy talking and oh wait what's that .__.

15. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 lost the game again

I think Emboar's scald is the pokemon urinating...

Anyway, I was SR'ing in the nature preserve for an adamant shiny haxorus WITH Mold Breaker. When I got it, it's highest IV's were in it's attack stat! I was TOTALLY not expecting that!

16. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Kept finding MALE Cleffa's... Also FEMALE Totodile eggs...like 3 in a row...nya~

17. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

Well the the other day I was battling Burge in White 2 he was down to his Leavanny and I decided to use my Servine against my better judgement. For the next 3 or 4 turns he used Sting Shot while I kept hammering away with Leaf Tornado and when he attacked it left Servine with just 1 HP. I wanted Servine to fight till the end so I didn't withdraw her but when Leavanny attacked again it's attack missed! Then again! And Again!! And Again!!! And Eventually my lovely Female Servine came out on top after a few Cuts! It's amazing what a few Accuracy reductions can do... To tell you the truth... I felt like Ash after that battle cause he's always been known to use Pokemon with a type disadvantage and usually win!

18. TheGreaterLucario

TheGreaterLucario Well-Known Member

This is kinda'- no, scratch that- REALLY weird. So I'm playing my Platinum, trying to catch a Tropius in the Pastoria Great Marsh. I'm on the phone with a friend of mine at the time, and my friend, after I complain to him about the frequent Woopers, jokingly said 'Wooper Powers Activate!' So, I encounter my next Pokemon aaaaaand... Wooper. Thinking that it was just a coincidence, I just keep trying to find a Tropius. The next thing I encountered was..... another Wooper. The next 3 Pokemon I encountered after that: ALL Woopers! Then he said 'Tropius Powers Activate!' Wanna' guess what the next Pokemon I found was after he said that? Yeah. Tropius.

19. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Uhh shiny Onix in FR, wow...I was about to exit Victory RD and encoutnered it XD nya~

20. Sceptile&Hydreigon

LOL! That is too funny! XD