• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
... And even more surprised when I managed to knock out Iris' Hydreigon with just a super-effective, critical-hit Megahorn from my Heracross.

lol why would that be suprising at all?

anyways, as far as suprising things go, i was EV training on Mount Silver in SS and ran into a shiny Ursaring. I was pumped, first shiny ever caught. and then one time i was breeding for a Volt Tackle Raichu, i was hatching eggs and when i went to the PC to release the one's that sucked, i noticed i had a shiny Pichu as i was about to hit release. pretty great

TheRioluKid

Pokestar Studio Star
Finding Riolu as the third pokemon in the Ranch while I was thinking about how long this would take.

While there, I was running around, looking for a Mareep to add data to my Pokedex, and I found a Riolu on accident.
Of course, I caught it, I don't remember if I actually used him against the first gym leader (Even though it was only a couple weeks ago).
He is now a Lvl 40-ish Lucario (Building my team for Drayden with the Audinos on a nearby route).

gamer_legend

In Black when I was on the Marvellous Bridge and a girl just disappeared...of course in the sequel I learned she was the ghost from the Strange House.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
When I played Black, I was doing it without knowing the names of most Pokémon. So when I got Tynamo, I named it "Eelectric". Imagine my shock when it evolved and I saw it's evolution was named "Eelektrik"!

Last edited:

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
catching a ralts immediately in emerald version on route 3/4 (can't remember which)

Anxo

Eeveelution Trainer
I was in a hidden grotto, and there was a pokeball lying there. So I'm walking up, I click it, and BAM. Foongus. Freaking Shiny foongus.

How is that possible? Serebii and all other Pokemon sites say you cannot get a shiny in a Hidden Grotto.

Bubble Beam

Bubble Buddy!
When I was hunting for Riolu, which took forever:
After I came back from the pokemon center, the moment I hit the grass I encountered Riolu at a higher level than the other ones I saw.
and I caught it C:

annd my shiny tepig in pokemon White, after 15 SR's. D:

AphoticVoid

Pokémon Trainer
While following a path, I had to use surf and forgot to spray Pokémon repellent, so I encountered a shiny basculin and caught it.