• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Hilda

Encountering a shiny Spearow in FireRed with only a masterball at my side. I had to sit for 10 minutes and think it through. I did catch it.

Dark Violet Moon Ray

At the route west of that city where you get your fifth badge from that Ghost type Leader, I encounter a shiny Machop. I was overly prepared, luckily, with more than enough balls to catch it with. Yeah, I got it. But afterwards--and this is the surprising part--I did not really feel like I'd accomplished anything.

To this day, I don't get the hype over Shinies.

Flame Mistress

This isn't in-game; but my dad randomly got me Black 2 today, despite the fact that I already have White 2. I did tell him that I originally wanted to get Black 2, but I honestly wasn't expecting him to go out and buy it...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Finding Riolu as the third pokemon in the Ranch while I was thinking about how long this would take.

Unoin

My Eevee waking up and KO'ing Eusine's Electrode in Crystal, immediately after being switched in as my last pokemon, when it would have been KO'ed had it remained asleep. I felt resigned to defeat and hadn't considered Eevee perhaps waking up!

Finding Riolu as the third pokemon in the Ranch while I was thinking about how long this would take.

That's what happened to me when I was in the Floccesy Ranch for no reason. I thought "Wouldn't it be weird if a Riolu appered now?" DUN DUN DUN DUN! Wild Riolu appears.

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
I find a Riolu in Floccesy Ranch. I weaken it and--just for fun--pitch a Premier Ball at it. I'm figuring that the Riolu will pop out and I'll have to use a normal Poke Ball.

Nope, he stayed in there. So I named him Ruki and added him to my team....and found out his Nature was Naughty. My jaw dropped in shock. I couldn't have asked for a better Riolu.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
While trying to find rock smash outside Pinwheel and Nacrene, despite it not being there, I found a shiny TOXICROAK. Thought it was weird coloured, but was not sure if it was shiny or not. While trying to weaken it with a level 17 (it was in the 50s or 60s), Take Down critted and killed. I kind of threw my 3DS out of my window and screamed. In my -8- years of pokemon, the only other shiny I had found was a shiny Ursaring, and that was a horrible colour.

Thinking of restarting my White 2. Opinions appreciated.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Getting legit Pokerus!

Oh..and thinking I found a shiny and being extremely excited....only to realize it was actually one of N's pokemon...*devastated*