• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Kastform

This isn't unheard of, but my brother was playing Pokemon Crystal and we found it rather ironic that he encountered a female Mr. Mime.

TheBrawlingTaco

Bacon Eater
I wanted to find a Lapras under the Village Bridge in White 2. I read online that it was a 5% chance of finding it in rippling water. So, I bought 78 Max Repels and started. I kept hoping that I would find one, however, I couldn't. Once I said, "Dang, I'll never find it," next thing you know, BOB'S YOUR UNCLE THERE IT IS. I mighty beauty, if I do say so myself. However, guess what it used?

You guessed it. Perish Song. ;(
But I eventually caught one after the next six times I found them.

Also, when I found a shiny Bellsprout in my Pearl version. I almost died when I found it. The problem was, though, that the Bellsprout was a level 20. All my Pokemon were level 60+.

I eventually caught it, though. On my last pokeball. THAT was scary.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
My Uncle Had entered A Eating Contest And I Was Bored So I Was Going Home, Waited Outside For A While And BAM. Shiny Pidgey Randomly Appeared. My first Shiny :D. I Thought I Had No Pokeballs, Almost Pee'd Myself From That.

EliJolesy

Last week my boyfriend texted me "...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD". I thought someone broke into his house or something. Turns out he ran into Raikou in Soul Silver and it freaked him out because he forgot its a roaming Pokemon. Its been a LONG time since he's played.....

EliJolesy

Oh my gosh. I just finished Heart Gold and I was on the cliff where you battle Red, unknown to me at the time, and I was like who's that weird kid! I didn't even pay attention to what he said and when I didn't catch the name. I barely won. I was like okay that was kinda tough for some random trainer. Then I saw his name was Red. I was freaking out, "did I actually just accidentally stroll up there and casually beat Red without realizing it?!?!?!?!?"

briguin

Dr. Geek
I was just randomly fishing in Sapphire.

Goldeen... Goldeen...

A Shiny Majikarp appeared!
Me:OMYGODIT'SASHINYI'MGONNATHROWEVERYTHINGTHATCANCATCHITATIT!

I'm an idiot for fishing without any pokeballs...

Also the reveal in Explorers of Sky that I was Grovyle's partner, I thought he was talking about Celebi. I guess it makes up for IGN spoiling the twist of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I was MM'ing for a shiny charmander. I knew it was gonna be long and stressful. I got charmander on my first egg. :)

Hydreigon6507

It always freaks me out when your walking through an alley in Nimbasa, and behind a dumpster some guy stops you, makes a high pitch noise, and gives you something.
Anybody know what Im talking about?
No?

He was actually in Castelia (not trying to be rude), and when I first saw that I nearly jumped out of my skin. O-O;

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
I got the Pokerus for the first time the other day and I didn't even realise until I got the medal for it.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
The item the guy gives you in the alley?

Flash.

Seriously, wat.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
...wat.

What's with guys making topics and posts like the gibberish above me?

Last edited:

Blackkyurem

So I start walking over to chain. Then, I forgot about repels! So,I go buy 100+ repels and walk throught the grass.
I was thinking to myself, hopefully i'll get a shiny shinx and not bidoof and BOOM! A shiny shinx.

Mienfoo

Martial Arts Pokémon
Seeing that I was tired of training my SS team without a Lucky Egg, I decided to go find one by taking a Pokemon with Theif and using it on every Chansey I could encounter. All I got was nothing or ussless Oval Stones. This continued on during the next 3 days.

But on that 3rd day, at around about 5:30 AM, something sparkled on my DSi screen... It was a Shiny Hoppip! I screamed out of joy that time. I caught it and now I am planning to transfer it along with my other Shiny Pokemon in Black. (I now have 7.)

But other than that, another unexpected moment was seeing that Argenta (aka a sinnoh frontier brain) owned a Latios when I was battling her. I was not expecting a legendary at all. It may not seem all that surprising for experts, but it doesn't happen to me all that much.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
My Braviary defeating Norman's Slaking. I seriously thought I was toast. ._. I only had like 10 hit points left at the time and it was a Triple Battle, and I used Superpower and got a Critical Hit.