• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unfair Discord Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficerPorkchops

I've recently been unfairly (and permanently) banned from the serebii discord due to a misunderstanding with a moderator and a word I said (It wasn't swearing or vulgarity). And I was given no warning or notice before getting permanently banned. I've had a clean record in the server so I'm wondering why such a harsh punishment was given so early.

Discord name: OfficerPorkchops#4786
-
Moderator in question: I don't remember the name of the moderator who banned me, as it was my first time seeing them active in the server. All I remember is that they had a black and white manga profile picture.
-
No notices or reason for banning was given by the moderator

The full story:
It was scrolling through the channels in the server, and came across a paragraph from him in #maxraid_discussions/#maxraid_requests saying something similar to,
"Don't ask for compensation or payment for joining raids. It's against the rules and you'll be punished"
Right below it was a message from someone telling everybody they had a snorlax raid, with another response from the mod saying something like
"Please stop, @aforementioned_user this is serious"

Being curious, I asked why, to which the mod responded with telling me the person made some kind of joke about the matter he didn't like. Being even more curious, I asked if I could know what the joke was.
The mod seemed a little frustrated with the situation, and told me no, and to drop it.

Being disappointed myself, I decided to say something in response to close the topic, such as "Damn, Darn, Aww, etc."
However, being a little intimidated by his frustration, and remembering swearing or strong language being against the rules, I rashly said;
"poop"
To which I was met with a permanent ban without a given reason a few seconds later.

I see how the word could've been taken to offense by the mod in the situation, as they had no way of knowing what was going through my mind, and it could've easily accidentally played off as me trying to provoke them more. Which I genuinely wasn't. A 5-min ban (as stated under the discord link page) or formal warning would be understandable, as I now realize how I might've seemed to them in that situation.

However, I feel a permanent ban with no prior negative history in the server is much too harsh of a punishment to be handed off due to a simple misunderstanding.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
unknown.png

It's not your business to ask what someone got warned about, especially since it doesn't concern you. Next time, don't be dumb.

As far as your ban goes, how long it'll be depends on how long King Crimson wants it to be. He's not on for me to ask, tho, so I'll find out when he's on later.

Edit: He was fine with me removing it so I did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.