• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unfair wants in GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

free2be_any1

I only get a few trades on the GTS only by putting one on myself and what i want...everytime i search for something, its either showcasing shinies or legendaries or they want legendaries for everything!! back when i played pearl, the trade offers on the GTS seemed more reasonable but when i bought pokemon white, i saw this crap! obviously people expect alot lol

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
The only thing I use the GTS for is evolution trade such as My Kadabra for a Kadabra. But then some guy gives his an everstone, and trades. And so Mine will evolve for him, and his doesn't for me.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
The only thing I use the GTS for is evolution trade such as My Kadabra for a Kadabra. But then some guy gives his an everstone, and trades. And so Mine will evolve for him, and his doesn't for me.
It's just really sad that some people don't grant any fun or enjoyment to other people playing the game.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Nintendo gets on every now and then as an attempt to clean out the GTS. Pokemon that have been there for months end up getting traded. i always make fair trades. I asked for a Charizard in exchange for-believe it or not-and Arceus. I hate Arceus. it ruined the trade and battle strategy. "I need a water type!" has Arceus and changes it to water."Yeah!" Arceus has ruined Pokemon, and I want him to never have existed. Only noobs should use Legendaries, especially Arceus. Nintendo gets calls on how trade gets impossible, so they clean it out, completely, so it can start fresh. People are also using that cloning cheat. I was tempted to use it myself, but I learned in Platinum. Learned not to cheat, or that could screw up your game. BTW, I have a level 32-34 Joltik up for trade. I forget what I want, but would someone like this cute little spider?

Burakoru

Belly Slide
I see way too many people asking for level 100 legendaries or hard to obtain legends, like Lv.100 Deoxys.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
i once spent ages looking for a bubasaur finaly found one lvl one great for training looked at its moves and it had
tackle
bite
solarbeam
and dig

and its abilty was pickup got rid of it stright away best thing thoe is that the guy who traded with me lived in my town so i got my tepiog back :)

Zachmac

Well, sometimes it's needed for the Trade Evolution glitch...But only some.
Only noobs should use Legendaries,
Not all legendaries are all that tough. Palkia, Dialga, Groudon...Well, Uxie, Articuno, Terrokion, ect, are much more balanced.

I looked for bravairy, and I kept finding offers for level 100 Reshirams/Zekroms.

BattleFanatic14

What I've done is searched in the GTS for EVERY SINGLE Pokémon in my dex that I didn't have. Fair trades came up about one time out of eighty people. Makes me so mad...

Evandamonster

Poke Philosopher
What I've done is searched in the GTS for EVERY SINGLE Pokémon in my dex that I didn't have. Fair trades came up about one time out of eighty people. Makes me so mad...

Yeah I just tried to do this last night and the only trade I found that wasn't "looking for Zekrom lvl 9 or under" (and incidentally was something I already had on my Pokedex) was a lvl 47 Cobalion up for trade for an Espeon.

Which is kind of a "coming full circle" moment since before I knew about this site I traded my Zekrom for a Vaporeon on the GTS so I could get all of the Eeveelutions, and then by trading one of my eeveelutions for a legendary =/

Legendary>eeveelution>eeveelution>legendary

Does that make sense?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Yea it can be a pain that way. Did a trade for a Boldore that would evolve... and the dang thing had an Everstone on it. Ticked me off quite a bit there.

Speaking of that... almost everyone and their brother who was trading for starters was asking for them. That isn't bad per say, but it makes it 10 times harder for me to get a hold of the ones that I need. The only ones that bug me are those who ask for legendarys in exchange of the starters they have.

That really steams my broccoli :(.

Whimsicott

A lot want low leveled legendaries -.-
such as lvl 1 - 10 Reshiram :I
it's so annoying...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Tamaku

Catching 'em all.
*Looks up Minun*

Plusle (F) Lv.100
Reshiram Lv 50+
Tepig (M) Level 100
Gothitelle (F) Level 9 and under
Shaymin Any
Hydreigon Any
Haxorus Level 100.

We rest our cases :)

Evandamonster

Poke Philosopher
I don't understand why Gamefreak can't just update the GTS so that it doesn't allow you to ask for an unobtainable pokemon (either because it hasn't yet evolved at tht lvl or it's a legendary/event than cannot be obtained at that lvl)

I'm sure it would take quite a bit of work, but it can't be THAT hard. They've already got the unobtainable gender pokemon programmed in this way, just expand on that

The DoritoNinja

The Last Dying Ninja
I've also found a pokemon that doesn't belong in the right list..
For example a shaymin with the fraxure

Status
Not open for further replies.