• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unfair Weather Friends (359)

9.5/10

This was a really great episode, Castform was VERY VERY Cute! Now let's see if [spoil]Chimecho's[/spoil] voice is just as good.

Brodie (or however you spell it) was pretty good.

And OMG, we got to see Ditto again! ;132; ;132; ;132;
He didn't do much for most of the episode but when he did do something, it brought back memories to Kanto and that Johto filler, both with Duplica!

Ash slipping on the floor, that was SO FUNNY!! :)
Also kudos to the animation team, they made that snow look good!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
What was Ash doing while Ditto was away from Brody (yuck to the nome)? Not what he was supposed to do. Swellow could have easily gotten the disk away from him or better yet cause him to fall off the weather control dish.

Other than that a great episode.

Not the voice I expected for Castform (sounds like Horsea's a little).

I also loved the music dissolving as the rain started in the beginning.

The Big Al's rating 9.9/10
Ash falling asleep on the sleep on the job is the only thing keeping it from a perfect 10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It was a good episode, mainly Team Aqua shows their more menacing side. I would have rather seen the scientists get shocked with lightning besides TR. It actually looked like something that could kill, but since TR is invincible they don't seem to get hurt by it.

I've always been annoyed by how in the games when you battle Magma/Aqua after you defeat their pokemon they just stand aside and let you continue. At least in the show, the humans attack too, it was nice to see Ash have Pikachu use Thunderbolt on not only Crawdaunt, but the two Aqua grunts as well.

Brody was a nice twist but I was already spoiled online that Milly was a guy, so it didn't really surprise me.

Otherwise a good episode but the writers really should have had Team Magma and Aqua appear more often. Sadly, at the end they go out with a whimper rather than a bang.

Oh, and May was really cute in this episode, guess due to the nice animation.

M

MayAsh1987

I can't give this rating to this episode yet since I seen only half of it thanks to my parents. They were kicking me off the TV since they wanted to watch my graduation party I had yesterday. So I had to record somewhere else.

The look of the things I seen, it looked pretty good to me. The scientist, Bart, his name made my laugh, they named it off from the Simpsons.

G

Geki

What kind of HORRIBLE dub name is Brody? Why couldn't they call him some other name that started with a B instead of Brody? The episode was boring throughout the whole episode, and I expected them to say a bit more on Groudon and Kyogre then they actually did. This episode really sucked, more then any other AG episode so far, even worse then Me, Myself, and Time.

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Hmm..I wonder if they got the title from Happy tree friends..Happy tree friends - Unfair weather friends...:D
Anyways, I liked this eppisode! Castform was cute!! And they finally found out who groudon and kyogre was. Heh. And we got to see ditto again, whee!!

Medea

Excalibur
OMG, that dub name is horrible *yuck*...Brody...*twitches*

...Other than that, this episode was pretty good. I some how knew that Castform would sound like that. And I got to see Ditto again (so I'm happy)

the episode was kool with Castform....... it's so cute^ ^............. and so is ditto ............ although i think Bannai is a better name than Brody

Chris

Old Coot
I actually don't mind the name Brody. Doesn't bother me since I'll still call him Bannai. What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

PDL

disenchanted
Edward Elric said:
I actually don't mind the name Brody. Doesn't bother me since I'll still call him Bannai. What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

quoted because this is what I was going to say... but Ed already said it :\

I don't mind Brody, even his dub voice wasn't annoying (technically, I didn't find his dub voice annoying at all) as "Dexette"... seriously... WTF...

oh well... It's 4Kids' choice if they want to personify machines... meh...

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Brody sounds better well to be Bannai no sterotyping is 100% a Japanese name next interesting thing not for this topic Masanume's Name

N

Neo Flygon

I haven't read the summarys for this for a while, so when Team Aqua members took out guns I was like "Yes!" then when the guns just fired rings I was like "No!" The scientists should of been shocked, you don't have to be invincible to survive being struck by lightning.

I knew Millie was part of Team Magma from the start(seemed kinda obvious) but I did not remember the Brody(better put this on my "stick to the Japanese name" list) thing so when it happened I was like 0_o.

Last edited by a moderator:
What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

Well, the Pokedex has called himself something before, when he showed it to Nurse Joy in the 2nd episode, it said:

I am the Pokedex Dexter, I belong to Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town
Or something to that effect.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You know, the thing I like about Team Aqua and Magma is actually make DECENT villains. It's episodes like this that make me think how much better Hoenn would be if they just dumped TR and replaced them with one of the two other teams, or at least used them more often than they do now. Knowing who Milly (I'm glad they kept her original name, BTW) really was in the first place actually increased the hilarity of Brock's first encounter with her. Brody is a fine dub name. No matter what they named him, you people would still be b****ing about it. His voice, on the other hand, uggggh...

Overall: 9.5/10
You don't see me giving out ratings above a 9 very often, I assure you.

Corvair said:
Quote:
What irks me is REVIVING A NAME FOR THE POKéMON ZUKAN. They have NO NAMES in the original other than being called the Pokémon Zukan (Pokédex). Why the hell are they giving these things names as if they're live creatures? :|

Well, the Pokedex has called himself something before, when he showed it to Nurse Joy in the 2nd episode, it said:

Quote:
I am the Pokedex Dexter, I belong to Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town

Or something to that effect.

This is beacause 'Dexette' has a much more feminine voice than 'Dexter' (Kinda obvious)

SuperSonic

Its called Dextette? I thought he said Dex-tech.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I wish I had seen the episode. Silly me, forgot to set the VCR. However, seems like the standard fair showed up, so what am I actually missing.

Shining Suicune said:
Brody is a fine dub name. No matter what they named him, you people would still be b****ing about it.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a Winnaaar.

Alastor DMc

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but now that he's been spoken of in English, how did they pronounce Kyogre? (I missed the episode)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Alastor DMc said:
I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but now that he's been spoken of in English, how did they pronounce Kyogre? (I missed the episode)
KY-OH-GUR. Just like how I've always pronounced it.