• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unfair Weather Friends (359)

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
I've named my laptop Warg, my friend named hers Barry, and one of my brother's friends named his computer after me! @.@

So the whole 'dextette' thing doesn't even make me bat an eyelash. Maybe it's weird, but hey, there are weird people out there. *cough*

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They could have at least been a little more creative. I remember someone in a fn fiction named a female voiced Pokedex Alexa. Certainly better than Dexette.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Togemon said:
But speaking of Brock, he really annoyed me in this episode, I dislike his wacky sixth sence, but it would have been hilarious if Brock was in love with 'Milly' for the whole episode xp

How can't I quote this! Without his sixth sense, the episode would have been MUCH better. With a final "Oh no, Milly's a GUY! I'm depressed now ;_;". That would have been so hilarious that... that... I don't know. I would have just loved it.

I had already seen the Japanese version of this so meh... no news for me :/
I still have to watch the dub so I can't judge Bannai's/Brody's voice yet (though I admit I personally don't really like his voice in the original Japanese. I would have preferred something more... ambiguous. Not really a feminine voice, but maybe a bit more bewitching... I don't know, either. It just sounded too "masculine" for him).

Ash acted really stupid in the end not doing nothing but stare. At least May tried to do something!

edit: oh, and a last thing. I don't really like the name Brody, but it's WAY better than turning him into a WOMAN like they did to someone else... o.o ;132;

Last edited:
R

Robert

This was a good episode with some great action scenes. Team Rocket was a bit annoying, but it was good to see an episode that moves the bigger plot ahead. I liked it.

M

MayAsh1987

I liked this episode, it had so many unexpected things that happened. I agreed with some of you guys about Team Aqua and Team Magma making better villians. That usually the time when AMM&B don't always win.

Milli disguise was genius, looks liked Brock knew it was a guy. So Brody is it's name, weird name, but hey it's his name.

I really don't have any complaints of this episode, so I'm giving it 9.1 out 10. I still liked last week's episode better.

Freedom

Pokeman
how come people didn't know that Brody was a guy? Did he sound really feminine when he was dressed as Milly?

Irene

Rather bizarre
Freedom said:
how come people didn't know that Brody was a guy? Did he sound really feminine when he was dressed as Milly?

At least in the Japanese version, he never used his real voice when dressing up. It was the same dubber as the person he was dressed like. It was impossible to recognize him (except's for Brock's sixth sense).

I think it worked this way for the US version as well.

edit: I've seen the US version and yes, he had a different voice actress when acting as Milly.

Last edited:
E

English Avatarman

1. Meowth's the leader of the gang, right? so why can't he have a decent nap?
2. How does Brodi discise himself when he is bigger than his costume
3. Why does Brodi help Ash and co. if they're "rivals"?
4. How does Brock know that Brodi is not a woman?
5. How do TR end up in the snow at the end?

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
I can answer quetion number 4. Recall the episode where Brock was a bit turned off by Jessie's disguised by nurse Joy. And the 1st movie where brock recongnised Nurse Joy through her disguise. Yes, both times they were nurse Joy..but it proves my point. Brock is an avid "Feminest" he'll do anything to make another woman pleased or happy (as long as she's pretty). So there for he has this Divine-Natrual-Pretty-Woman-Radar to search for his perfect woman. Which seems to be all of them.

P

pokeking

Pinky the Mew said:
I can answer quetion number 4. Recall the episode where Brock was a bit turned off by Jessie's disguised by nurse Joy. And the 1st movie where brock recongnised Nurse Joy through her disguise. Yes, both times they were nurse Joy..but it proves my point. Brock is an avid "Feminest" .
Do you know what a feminist is_____it is a woman who thinks woman should have more rights than men...
I'm not being picky but that's what it is.

Anyway I found the part where Jessie James and mewoth sucked the air out of them to get free quite hilariously funny/stupid. But i didn't see the point as they didn't do anything but stand still in the same area???

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Pretty interesting episode. I'm glad they've had a second appearance by Brody since, because it was so long since I saw the episode pictures here. If it hadn't been for that ditto I remember seeing from the ribbon cup pics, I would have been floored when he revealed himself. Man, that disguise was disturbingly convincing. :eek: It was the most convincing drag since James as a hula girl in "Abra and the Psychic Showdown". Well, unless you count Ash before he turns around in "Love at First Flight". :D I did like Brock being confused about his charisma being off, and before that Max being resigned to pulling Brock's ear again. LOL

I know I have to rewatch the episode again later this week. I was a little confused when Ash said he normally knows when Team Rocket's here, after they get blasted off. I'll have to double-check to see if he saw them on the monitor or not. It was nice to have Team Rocket end the episode for a change too. It's so rare now. :(

Basically, it was a pretty good episode overall. At least it was a bit different from the norm. Good action, great to see Team Aqua, and Brody was... interesting. 8/10 for me.

I know I can't wait for next week! :D Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho Chimecho!!! :D :D :D

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
pokeking said:
Do you know what a feminist is_____it is a woman who thinks woman should have more rights than men...
I'm not being picky but that's what it is.

No that is NOT what a feminist is. A feminist--a REAL one--is one who thinks that women should have EQUAL rights. Sadly, there's a lot of FAKE feminists out there who believe what you said, but they twist the cause and shoot it in the foot.

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
Well in a book that I was reading a "femenist" was described as a man liking all kinds of women and willing to help them out in a gentleman-like manner. Not so far from the meanig already explained though.

Anyway, on with W&F Fan's question #1 Meowth used to be the leader but nobody gives him that authority anymore because they're all shelfish and greedy each one wants all the credit. So therefore the "team" doesn't assert itself in place most of the time.

Encyclopika

The Queen
The episode was entertaining. Brody...for some reason I didn't expect him in this episode...kinda got confused when i saw the pics here a SPP. Anyway, I believe that the episode was good...Castform wasso cute! It's voice was perfect. It was funny when Brock was just standing there, although awkward. ^^; Anyway, I give it 10/10 because if I could, I'd go and watch it again. I love Team Aqua! ^^

Faerie

MONS
Irene said:
At least in the Japanese version, he never used his real voice when dressing up. It was the same dubber as the person he was dressed like. It was impossible to recognize him (except's for Brock's sixth sense).

I think it worked this way for the US version as well.

edit: I've seen the US version and yes, he had a different voice actress when acting as Milly.

OH yeah, he was just plain creepy in the dubbed version. Seriously, their voices sounded nothing alike...That would be creepy in a show with real people. They would have to do some serious plastic surgery on his vocal chords...o_O;;;

W

WindyNight

YTV aired this episode today at noon..
Let's just say that it's an entertaining episode with some unpected scenes...
Castform is really cute...The Ditto is also cute, but evil..:mad:
Anway, I think it's a good episode...
Overall, I give a rating 8/10 for the episode..^^

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I don't know why people are saying they liked this episode. It was horrible.

I mean, why the HELL would a Weather Station have information on Ancient Pokemon? WTF? Wait...is that the reason why they did it in the games? Still...WTF.

The plot could have been A LOT better. I love how in the anime Ash and Co always gets there BEFORE the Evil Team. Guh.

It would have been much better if Ash and Co met up with the scientists [as they did in the beginning] and Team Aqua had already taken over the Weather Station. Castform is too weak to fight them off, so they ask for Ash's help. Team Rocket find their way there and argue with Team Aqua. Team Rocket and the group work together to get to the main control room [or whatever it was] before Team Aqua successfully downloaded the information with Ash and Team Rocket battling the TA Trainers so that May, Max, Brock, and 'Millie' could get by unnoticed. This would also be a nice way for Team Rocket to battle and actually WIN [as they're not up against Ash].
When May, Max, Brock and Millie reach the control room, Team Aqua has just finished downloading the data. A battle ensues with May using her new Combusken, and Millie, Ditto. The Crawdaunts are too much for Millie and May to handle but in the nick of time, Ash and TR arrive and kick their asses.
When outside, Millie turns into Brody and the regular ending of this episode happens. I know it's not that much better, but I wanted to see some Team Aqua taking down-ness in this epi. Blech.

Overall: 6.5/10
One word: Snoring.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

this ep is airing on sky one tommorowmorning!

cant wait!

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
I think this was a good episode and it was nice to see castform in it too

10/10

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I liked Brody, his laugh was a bit gay though.

I didn't know the fake Milly was Brody in disguise, so it was a great suprise for me! It's like that girl in the 4th dark world dungeon of The Legend Of Zelda on the snes who tricks you into thinking she was the sage when she was actually the boss. But instead here I like the way it was done with the Brock love detector thing he usually does not working properly, like the fake Nurse Joy back in Kanto during the Indigo League.

Nice appearance from Team Aqua, we should see more of them, although Team Magma are much better, and cooler.