1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unfinished Unova

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Soberheartless, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soberheartless

Soberheartless Well-Known Member

Hey guys, haven't started a thread in a while, so not 100% sure this belongs here. Move, if necessary. And note, that this isn't a BW bash thread either.

In my opinion, I just feel that the writers didn't finish Unova. There were some locations which could have easily led to arcs and more interesting plots than just a cop-out archipelago of filler.

For example, one of my favorite locations in Unova is Lacunosa Town, and I know they traveled there for a tournament, but I think they could've done something with the whole Kyurem and eating people and staying indoors at night.

Another location i would've liked to see an anime spin to was Village Bridge.

They could've met up with Skyla somewhere down the line and fly to Lentimas, subsequently hearing about a legendary Heatran being in a nearby Reversal Mountain.

Also, a Marine Tube episode where something goes horribly wrong, and need for aquatic Pokémon [cue Palpitoad/Oshawott/Stunfisk/ usage or evolution or capture] to save the day.

I also had high hopes to see what the anime would do for Black City and White Forest, but oh well I guess..

These events could have happened on the way to the league, between then and episode n, or even after episode n. It would take up probably the same amount of episodes Da! would last anyway.

Basically, how do you feel about some locations being skipped, and if you were so to speak the writers, what locations would u explore, and what would the plot be? Heck, it could even be filler! But at least, it wouldve completed Unova...

2. fitzy909

fitzy909 Just another guy

i really wanted to see black city/white forest. that could have been a really great plot arc, especially with white tree hollow/black tower. it would have been cool to see ash battle benga.

3. Midnightmoon6o2

Midnightmoon6o2 "Tougher than you."

White Forest/Black City was one of the places I really was looking forward too. Same with the Marina Tube. But, I guess not all places would of gotten a mention. :(

4. julabard

julabard Well-Known Member

I feel that with only 3 seasons of Black/White, that they didn't reach their potential. How many seasons did the other generations have? (Not counting Kanto) 4-ish seasons right?

5. TheSirPeras

TheSirPeras The end of an era

I agree, it really sucks they didnt show some places. I really wanted to see White forest, because I am so sure something would have been caught :p

6. Janovy

Janovy Banned

White Forest/Black City were never going to happen seeing as writers made Opelucid a generic city instead of choosing either style.

7. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I was surprised the marine tube didn't get an episode, considering it was one one of the main new advertised places in the games. It could have been an another potential episode for palpitoad to be in, and wouldn't be in it. Plus it could have been the episode leading up to cameron's battle with marlon, instead of the stupid "ash and him get lost" one.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  8. SilverChiko

SilverChiko Protect The Smiles!

And the battle institute could have been put in an episode (Right after Elesa or something)

9. FlyAsADunsparce

FlyAsADunsparce Well-Known Member

Yeah I feel you.

White Forest /Black City with Benga should've happened. Or Lentimas Town, or Marine Tube.

Also I wished Ash would've met the E4. We only saw a tiny bit of Caitlin. There's a lot more game character that I wished we could've seen in the animé: Hugh, Seven Sages, Shadow Triad, Hilda/Hilbert, Nate/Rosa etc.

And ofcourse some closure on rivalries (actually all of them) would've been nice. Unova had a lot of potential but I think because BW2 and the natural disasters the writers had to improvise and make last minute changes. At the start of Best Wishes Ash was supposed to battle Drayden (look at the outlinings in Ash's Badge Case) but because of BW2 they had to change it to Roxie. They rushed the entire saga and the league just to have a filler saga at the end. It just doesn't make sense. A lot of things didn't go according to plan.

10. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

White Forest and Black City were also in the same spot, how they would make that work is hard to imagine.

As for the gym leaders, he probably would've had it worse with Drayden than Roxie since his team wasn't developed enough at that time, not to mention Iris' backstory would've caused all sorts of conflictions.

11. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

LOL, this reminds me of how everyone complained they skipped over Mt. Pyre back in Hoenn. The writers always skip certain places.

12. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

If it's any consolation, they very well could have been worse than Da.

13. Arceusgamer14

Arceusgamer14 Well-Known Member

Kyurem could be saved for Saga finale

14. Soberheartless

Soberheartless Well-Known Member

Yeah, but this time they skipped quite a bit of locations, and to rush into an arc of pointless fillers :/

15. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

He would have been used in a unova arc though, kyurem being randkmly on an island close to kanto would make no sense. I know the anime isnt always completely accurate to the games, but something like a mascot legendary should stick to being in its region.

16. Akuroma

Akuroma Well-Known Member

I was hoping to see the Village Bridge in the anime, but that won't happen as well as the Giant Chasm. Other places that I wanted to see show up in the anime were the Entralink, White Forest / Black City, Reversal Mountain, and Lentimas Town (Strange House).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  17. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Yeah, I don't know why there was such a rush to leave Unova. Oh wait....

18. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

I CAN'T BELIEVE ASH DIDN'T FACE NEITHER DRAYDEN OR MARLON.

THAT WOULD BE SUCH AN AMAZING BATTLE! Every gym in Unova was done pretty solid(w/ exception of the last where Ash deserved to defeat Roxie in an Real 6on6 the poison types deserved it as well)

Fraxure,Druggdigon and Haxorus vs Leavanny, Krookodile and Pika/Boldore/Unfezant!

Iris messed things up a lot for Ash! I mean her fight against Drayden was solid but Ash deserved one too!

19. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Or that we didn't get a World Tournament either :(

20. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Did you really think Ash would be able to beat roxie 6v6 if just koffing requires 3 pokemon alone to beat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.