• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unforgotten Rose (Contestshipping, One-Shot)

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
Unforgotten Rose (Contestshipping, One-Shot) Rated G

Yup. This is a Contestshippy One-Shot. It’s my first time every writing a fan fic, so don’t be too harsh on me, okay?

-------------------------------

In the Corel contest hall, May, a brunette coordinator with a red and white bandana, was seen looking at what seemed to be a book. Inside the book, were pressed roses. May looked at the roses thoughtfully, but was interrupted by the announcer.

“And now, we will begin the final round of this contest: May vs. Drew!”

May closed the book and put it in her bag as she made her way up to the stage. There, her eyes met the emerald eyes of her opponent. The two coordinators stared at each other confidently.

“Let us now begin!” announced the referee.

“Go, Flygon!” called Drew. A dragon-like pokemon screeched as it came out of its pokeball.

“Squirtle, take the stage!” yelled May. A blue turtle came spinning out in its shell and landed gracefully.

“Flygon, use Sandstorm!” ordered Drew.

May started to panic, and yelled, “Dodge it, Squirtle!”

Squirtle jumped up in an attempt to dodge the sandstorm, but unfortunately for May, the sandstorm found its way to Squirtle and resulted in a direct hit. May’s points were reduced, while Squirtle fell to the ground, quite hurt.

“Are you all right, Squirtle?” May asked.

“S-squirtle..” grunted the blue pokemon, as it slowly tried to get back up on its feet.

However, Drew didn’t take any chances. “Quick, Flygon! Use steel wing on Squirtle!”

“Squirtle, use water gun!” yelled May.

“Flygon, dodge!” shouted Drew.

Squirtle shot many water guns towards Flygon, but Flygon skillfully dodged them all and gave Squirtle a hard steel wing. The impact of the attack sent Squirtle flying back and was slammed against the wall.

“Squirtle!” cried out May.

The buzzers were heard and X’s were seen by the judges.

“Squirtle is unable to battle. Therefore, the victory goes to Drew and his Flygon!” yelled the referee.

May sighed in defeat and called back her pokemon. That was not her best match at all. She didn’t know why she went into a panic.

After Drew received the Corel contest ribbon, May silently went outside and began to make her way to the next city. However, she was stopped by someone.

“Hey, May!”

May turned around to see Drew running towards her.

“Oh. Hi Drew. Congratulations on winning the contest,” May said with a fake smile.

“What’s with you? You’re were battling great until you faced me in the finals. You beat everyone without a sweat, but you couldn’t scratch my Flygon at all! What gives?” asked Drew.

May didn’t know whether to take this as a compliment or an insult, but she was already so worked up about losing so easily to Drew, that she was getting quite frustrated.

“Oh, just can it, will you Drew,” said annoyed May.

“What? Afraid to take me on like a real coordinator?” taunted Drew.

That statement hit May really hard. “Just leave me alone, Drew!” yelled May, with a cracked voice. May then ran into the forest where she hoped she could find some peace and comfort.

Drew’s eyes softened when he saw that he had hurt May quite unreasonably. He quickly followed May into the forest.

May cried uncontrollably as she ran into the forest. ‘How could he say that? How could he be such a jerk?’ May finally came upon a clearing in the forest and decided to take a rest. There, she let herself to freely burst into tears.

“May?”

May turned her head to find the last person she wanted to see at the moment. In no time at all, Drew found a tear-stained May in the clearing. He felt guilty that he had made May cry like this. So he tried to cut back on the snappy comments at the moment.

“What do you want, Drew?”

“I guess… I wanted to apologize. You seemed pretty upset after what I said. You know I didn’t really mean it, right?” asked Drew.

“How should I know what you mean and what you don’t mean?” snapped May. “First it’s ‘It’s for Beautifly.’ Then when you give me another rose and I ask if it’s also for Beautifly, you say ‘Something like that.’ How am I supposed to know whether or not the roses were for Beautifly or for me?”

Drew definitely did not see that coming. “You’re upset about that?”

“Yes, I am!” stated May.

Drew sighed. “Well, I might as well just tell you now. The roses were for you. But it’s not like you still have them anyways, right?”

“Think again, wise guy!” yelled May, as she took out her book and threw her it to him. Indeed, it was the book she was looking at before the finals.

Drew opened the book to see every single rose he had given her, pressed into her book. He hesitantly asked, “W-why’d you keep them all?”

May slightly blushed and shamefully looked away. “Because… I thought they meant something. I thought that it meant something special.”

Drew’s shocked face slowly turned into a smiling one. “Heh. Guess I gave you too little credit. I’ll admit that they did mean something.”

“Huh? What?” inquired May.

“I don’t really know. Maybe it was to give you a little encouragement and motivation for the contests. Or maybe it’s because I’m getting sort of fond of you. Or it could be both…” Drew said with an unsure tone. He wasn’t sure if he should’ve said any of that at all.

May turned her face to see his face. She wiped away her tears and smiled brightly.

“Thank you for saying that, Drew.”

“Uh… yeah. You’re welcome,” Drew said.

“I guess I should tell you this as well. I’m getting ‘fond’ of you, too,” grinned May.

“Oh really?” smirked Drew.

“Eh… yes…” admitted May, with a slight blush plastered on her face.

“Well, come on. The next contest isn’t going to wait for us forever,” said Drew.

May tilted her head. “Is that your way of asking me to travel with you?”

“And what if it is?” asked Drew.

“Then I accept!” stated May.

“Then let’s go!” said Drew.

And so, the two coordinators headed towards the next contest, with May’s arm locked with Drew’s arm.

~ End

-------------------------------

Okay. First of all, I’m sorry if the battle scene was really bad and I’m sorry if the story wasn’t shippy enough for you. I just hope it was enjoyable to some degree.

Please R + R!

- Genkiness

Last edited:

EasilyAmusedUmbreon

Beginning Trainer
Awww how nice of May to keep all those roses Drew's been giving her.^_^
That was a good story, I liked it^__^

Stephy

candies!!!11
So...Rushed. >_>;; Charactors in charactor, nice description. But it was quite sweet, and not to mini-mod but you didn't give this fic a rating...xP

It was cute that Haruka kept the roses Shuu gave her, but...Haruka cried because of THAT? >_> I thought she cried because she lost the contest. It didn't exactly *make* sense...

Gah. Oh well. I'm just here to say nice fic and I like it. ^_^

~Cecilia~

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
Thanks for both of your reviews :)

I'm sorry you found it rushed. It would sound worse if I made them kiss, though, right?

As for May, she cried because of what Drew said. Then she brought up the subject of the roses which was still on her mind, and she wanted to know the answer to her question.

Thanks again!

Stephy

candies!!!11
Nah, it's okay. I was expecting them to kiss, but they didn't. o_O And yeah, it was a bit rushed, but it's still okay. ^_^

As for May, she cried because of what Drew said. Then she brought up the subject of the roses which was still on her mind, and she wanted to know the answer to her question.
Thanks for clearing it up! ^_^ Gomen Nasai for saying what I just said. >_>;; I just like to jump into conclusions like that.

~Cecilia~

Amazingkiss

llX~Star Jewel~Xll
“Squirtle is unable to battle. Therefore, the victory goes to Drew and his Roselia!” yelled the referee.
Isn't Drew using Flygon??

Nice Cs fic

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
*GASP*
Gah! Sorry. Yes, Drew was using his Flygon. I'll fix that right away.
Thanks for the comment and the correction, Amazingkiss!

Haha. Don't worry about it ~Cecilia~. Thanks for reminding me to put the rating on the fic.

Whoa. This is pretty good, being your first fic. Very cute. The only mistake I noticed was - oh.... there were no mistakes... not that I saw, anyways. Good job! I liked this part:

“I don’t really know. Maybe it was to give you a little encouragement and motivation for the contests. Or maybe it’s because I’m getting sort of fond of you. Or it could be both…” Drew said with an unsure tone. He wasn’t sure if he should’ve said any of that at all.

It was very cute. Good job!

~!Mudkip Kitteh!~ (Kitteh) ;258;

anime_aficionada

Shameless prick. :3
This Pretty good, WAY better than my first fic... though, if found that you rushed the scene a bit and you made two mistakes:

It’s my first time every writing a fan fic, so don’t be too harsh on me, okay?
I think you meant to say - It’s my first time ever writing a fan fic, so don’t be too harsh on me, okay?, and

“Think again, wise guy!” yelled May, as she took out her book and threw her it to him. Indeed, it was the book she was looking at before the finals. Probably you meant to write - “Think again, wise guy!” yelled May, as she took out her book and she threw it to him. Indeed, it was the book she was looking at before the finals.

But they probably would of been typos...Good job being your first one and can't wait for your next chappie in your other fan fic!!! Keep Smiling!!! :)

Last edited:

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
Ahh, I never realized that I didn't comment on this! Anyways, this was pretty much adorable. The best word that would fit this anyway. I love Drew's reaction to everything, it's just so Drew. Even when he feels choked up he can still play 'the cool guy' card. =] Poor May, I feel like in every fic I read May cries. xD heh. I guess I never realized that she was that much of a baby? By the way, nice detail, I don't really mind about the battles cause they are usually supportive and I could never write out a battle to save my life anyway xD Congrats Genkiness, I love your writing. =3

Waste My Time

Ritchie Fangirl
ohhh, this is sooo cute. Hard to believe i'm just now reading it, i'm usually really good at finding this kinda stuff....awwwww, that really was cute, I know it's been a few months since someone posted but, i thought I should. I think you write great CS story's. And the battle scene don't care much. Just as some have said, I'm terrible at battle scenes, they're usually short, anyway, awwwwwwwwwwwww!! Okay i'm out of softy mode.
-waste my time

iky_ledian

Ledian Trainer
this is great!
drew confessed to may!

i love to read cs fics..
nice!

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
This is a kawaii fic^^
it was sorta rushed...
but still a great one-shot~

“Well, come on. The next contest isn’t going to wait for us forever,” said Drew.

hahas~
well done^^

ChloboShoka

Writer
Well, I gotta say, not bad for your first fan fic.

The whole thing was very sweet and adorable. I liked the fluffiness to the fan fic, the description was OK, but it could be better and the structure looked a little odd as well, since it is your first fic, it's not so bad.

May turned her face to see his face. She wiped away her tears and smiled brightly.

“Thank you for saying that, Drew.”

“Uh… yeah. You’re welcome,” Drew said.

“I guess I should tell you this as well. I’m getting ‘fond’ of you, too,” grinned May.

“Oh really?” smirked Drew.

“Eh… yes…” admitted May, with a slight blush plastered on her face.

“And what if it is?” asked Drew.

“Then I accept!” stated May.

“Then let’s go!” said Drew.

And so, the two coordinators headed towards the next contest, with May’s arm locked with Drew’s arm.

It's all very simple as well, like the ending which I have just quoted. But overall pretty nice. Once you improve you can get a lot better.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
It was cute, and I'm a big ContestShipper! Great first fic too!

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
That was really short, but really cute. It might have helped if you gave more description about the backround though. It would have been easier to visualize if there was more detail. Other than that, great job.

~Ayra~;267;

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Really cute one-shot, I liked it a lot. It was very good for your first, much better than mine. And I didn't see any mistakes either when I was reading. Can't wait to see more from you. =)