• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uniform schools

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
An exceptionally ugly person

Hey, that's me.

My Australian school doesn't have a uniform. ^3^

My Australian school does. (No, I am not mocking you...)

I haven't encountered any other Aussie schools that didn't have a uniform...You just go to a public High School?

It would be especially true today as it seems teenagers are getting more and more judgemental

Yeah, it'd make people who have non-brand name clothes easier targets. Not that teenagers these days need much provocation.

Phoenix Fire

scream your self
My school's uniform isn't much. No ties or jackets or anything, so I'm fine with uniforms.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I love my uniform (especially judging on what people in my school wear on Mufti day o_o;;;). It's basically sky blue shirt, grey pants, tie in school colours, belt etc. Seniors are the same, except different tie (same colours + emblem) and white shirt. Additionals include blazer, jacket (ugly), sweater and cap.

My Australian school doesn't have a uniform. ^3^

I've heard of schools like this, though I haven't really seen them in practice.

And if there's a difference other than the lack of uniform, it has nothing to do with whether it's a private or public school.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
I wear a uniform. It looks and feels like a green tablecloth.

A few days ago I got told off because my socks were too dark..

I think a uniform can be good, because it eradicates teasing for those who cant affor expensive clothes, and I don't have to think of what to wear each morning... but I think you should be able to have piercings on your face and stuff.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
My Uniform is a white shirt, grey pants (skirts for girls and black for year 10's and 11's) a maroon blazer, a tie and when it's cold you can wear a jumper. It's the nicest looking uniform in the area, but sometimes it gets very uncomfortable and it'd be nice to be able to wear our own clothes. Just so you all know, most German schools have no uniforms.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
My school got uniforms halfway through last year...It's tan shorts, pants or skirts, and white or navy blue collared shirt. We also have optional grey hoodie sweaters and navy blue vests.

Uniforms aren't a bad idea, to be perfectly honest, I just don't like them. Freedom of expression and all that stuff...

But regardless of that, my school actually gave us uniforms because of the incompetence of the administration. See, the girls at the high school were wearing what was described by the superintendent as "slutty clothes", when really it was just spaghetti-strap tops and tight pants. Then the district once again showed off their "amazing wit", and, rathe rthna just making those against dress code as they did to open-toed shoes, stuck the high school with the uniform.
The principals of the two elementary/middle schools in the district (Our district decided to cut back on money. Instead of building four buildings, two for elementary and two for middle school, built two, and elementary and middle share) heard about this, and stuck us with the uniforms as well. So it was all done unfairly.

I'll sya it again: Uniforms aren't a bad thing, it cutds back on teasing from classmates and the trouble of picking things out, but my school really started the policy with no good reason.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
My uniform is a white/bottle green shirt with my school's logoon it, Black 0pants, and a bottle green sweatshirt and black school shoes. =]
My PE uniform is a green shirt, navy jumper, black jogging bottoms and black trainers.
Oh and you have less than 4 minutes to change from your PE unform to your regular uniform.

Last edited:

Jade

Myuu...
I like wearing uniform.
I missed wearing it to public places since 06. :(
So yeah...

PurpleMew

no promises
Personally I am not to bothered about wearing a Uniform because if you wear what you like it encourages bullying because some people don't follow the latest fashion trends etc and other just can't aford nice clothes.

spacialrend_palkia

Deity of Space
In the Philippines we wear uniforms on school. If we weren't wearing uniforms, I would worry about which clothes to wear to school, a simple shirt or maybe something more "un"simple? I think uniforms are okay, it makes us feel that the entire school is one, you don't feel that you're a stranger cause you're all wearing the same thing.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
i dont understand some of the arguments for uniforms.

- it doesnt cut teasing. bullies will just move onto things that will hurt the actual person that they most likely cant change.

- if you honestly hate thinking of what to wear, then you wear a uniform and dont force everybody else to.

- people say that it would reduce gangs.. uh, no? if you want to reduce gangs, you actually.. reduce them, people.

not everybody's lifestyle is the same. teens need to express themselves. uniforms for children cant be bad, but teens need some breathing room. if you dont want to take it, then you dont have to.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

In the Philippines we wear uniforms on school. If we weren't wearing uniforms, I would worry about which clothes to wear to school, a simple shirt or maybe something more "un"simple? I think uniforms are okay, it makes us feel that the entire school is one, you don't feel that you're a stranger cause you're all wearing the same thing.

Wore a uniform till high school. Not currently wearing uniforms in university (of course, only in the Big 3 Universities and some others). Only wearing uniforms for Physical Ed.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
My high school doesn't have a school uniform, per se, but we have a dress code where we have to wear a collared shirt that's white, maroon, or blue, and pants/capris that have to be black, beige, or brown.

Rommath

▲_▲
School uniforms aren't that bad for me, nearly all schools near where I live have to wear them. We get 'casual' days every now and then, some we have to pay about 50c for to raise money for different things, like Pink Ribbon Day and end of term. I've never had to wear ties or anything like that, which is good. Saves worrying about what brands, colour, etc. to wear.

My school's uniform is white t-shirt with a black or black with yellow and red stripes jacket, and grey shorts or pants with black leather shoes. Of course, a lot of people at school don't bother to wear the uniform, the teachers don't seem to care much.

I'd never had to wear a uniform for school ...and if I ever did, I'd refuse to wear it or to even go to that school.

I really don't see the point of uniforms, except for keeping people from wearing innappropriate clothes. But who cares. Let people wear what they want. If they want to dress like a *****, than that's their problem. Most of the dress codes are really lame anyways. You can't wear short shorts/mini skirts if they are above your knees. Who does that really? Short shorts and mini skirts are suppose to be for teen girls ..so of course in high school you'd be getting that. It's not even bad.

Most uniforms I see are so ugly too. >> Like ew ..and so boring ..If I actually had to walk around school each day ..while everyone wearing the same exact thing ..I'd die. Like everyone is the same person. And what's the point of shopping then ..you don't even get to show off your nice clothes to everyone.

You shouldn't be forced to wear something you don't want to.

randomspot555

Back in my day of Catholic High School...it was quite a unique situation.

We had uniforms, and probably had the strictest terms. Not only was there a dress code, but you could only purchase these uniforms from one store (who also made various other private school uniforms). And my main issue with this is that the store was very overpriced AND the uniforms were crap. Wear and tear came quite easily, so I made it a habit to change out of my uniform the moment I got home, or bring a change of clothes to school if I was going out right after.

It was:
Polo shirt, fluctuating between various shades of blue and white, with the school's name on them.
Khaki pants
Tucked in shirt
And in the aftermath of 9/11, we had to wear ID badges. You know, so you can tell that we are who we say we are. Nevermind that the school was only 800 or so people, and the uniform, and we all see each other every day.

I had gym in my first year, but it wasn't a big deal because we didn't really do anything.

I'm against uniforms, because they don't happen in the "real world." What does happen is dress codes. I have no problem with instilling a sense of self-respect in the way children dress, but I also think it shouldn't be so strict so those from less fortunate means can afford them too.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
I wore uniforms when my mother sent me to a Catholic school in first grade. Back then, I didn't think much of it at all. I haven't been to a uniform school since.
I wouldn't mind wearing a uniform, as long as I don't have to wear a skirt. I'd feel extremely uncomfortable that way.

As far as kids are concerned, most rather wear what they want to express themselves as individuals, and something that feels comfortable on them. Most probably feel, subconsciously, that wearing uniform is the equivalent of your mother dressing you in something appropriate where you rather have control over that yourself.
What you wear though sets yourself up for being judged, not getting along with other kids, and generally, keeping up with high school cliche of today.

Tyla

meh!
My uniform is horrible. Blue tee / jumper and black pants. I hate this one more than the red one in Prim. school. But meh, it's a verified rule...

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
As a victim of bullying and fasion sensless person, I imagine my school uniform probably cuts back a lot of bullying for me.

BUT IT'S SO GOD DAMN EXPENSIVE! £100 for three sets of uniform, in a public school and they didn't do my size when I first arrived. WDF?

Mind you though, it's fairly comfy, with no tie and I, for reasons I don't want to mention, am completely immune to any laws on footwear. :p. Plus in the 6th form, there is no uniform and we even get quite a few non uniform days.

Last edited: