• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unique Fighting Styles for Pokemon

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is a thread for anyone who likes to discuss the unique fighting styles that many Pokemon use, be it naturally like Serena's Eevee's dancing from the anime series or more train-based like many of Paul's Pokemon from the anime series also.

I'll start with a fighting-style that caught my eye. Lt. Surge and his Raichu from Pokemon Adventures. Surge from Pokemon Adventures is a harsh brains-over-brawn character who creates electrifying traps, gadgets that help empower his Pokemon to an unfair advantage and other sorts of tools to assist him on his adventures with Raichu and outsmart and trick other opponents. You didn't mishear me. The adventures of Surge and Raichu is a real thing in Pokemon Adventures, specifically the Gold & Silver chapter.

It's during the Gold & Silver Chapter do we actually get to see Surge's Raichu in action and Ash's Pikachu from the anime would definitely have an extremely difficult time against this Raichu. This Raichu is faster, stronger and meaner than the average Pikachu and when I say fast, I mean FAST in not only it's body but it's tail too. In fact Raichu's tail is actually it's most dangerous weapon and acts almost like a long bladed arm. Not only is it lightning fast, it's also electrifyingly sharp and is able to cut down or break objects. Basically not only does this Raichu has speed, it has a fairly large radius, a "danger zone" around him where his extremely long tail can also take a Pokemon down who gets caught in this zone.

The funny thing is however. We've actually seen this type of fighting-style again from Raichu in the Pokemon anime, specifically the Diamond & Pearl episode, "Pika & Goliath!" In the episode, a trainer uses a Raichu who not only takes advantage of the fact that it can learn Hyper Beam but also uses it's extremely long tail to push Ash's Pikachu into a corner, slicing and breaking through rocks similar to Surge's Raichu.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Species-wide example, Ditto, Wobbuffet and Smeargle. Each of them has the skill of throwing the foe's actions back at them, in different ways. Ditto can Transform. Wobbufett exclusively reflects. And Smeargle takes moves from others to use as its own