• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unique Gym Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
In Black 2 & White 2, each of the 8 Gyms has its own background music. Did you like this feature or wish that the Gyms all had the same theme? Which Gym theme was your favourite?

I thought it was kind of cool. During my first BW2 playthrough, I was excited about entering each Gym for the first time since I wanted to hear what the music sounded like. I enjoyed hearing different remixes of the same theme.
My personal favourite was the Mistralton Gym’s theme. I can’t quite describe why, it's just always sounded so good to me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't really like the updated Gym BGM in B2/W2, with the exception of Elesa's Gym's new BGM. I mean it sounded so fresh and perfect for the catwalk. Roxie's Gym's BGM was almost perfect in the Japanese games, but the English version is lame imo.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I didn't really like the different Gym themes in B2W2 because some don't sound really 'competitive'. I just wished they were all the same.

Kalosian

So long
I loved it. Made every Gym feel more unique and special which was great. I liked all the different themes even if they were all just a variation of the usual Gym theme, all themes where very well done and they suited their respective Gyms extremely well. My top favorites are the Humilau and Opelucid themes. The former because it was very soothing and relaxing, the latter because it sounded epic. This is another thing I loved about 5th gen which 6th gen dissapointed me about when I found it had been removed there. Hoping they will bring it back in the future.

Aquarelle

Staff member
My top favorites are the Humilau and Opelucid themes. The former because it was very soothing and relaxing, the latter because it sounded epic.
Humilau and Opelucid are definitely my favourites after Mistralton. I love how relaxing the Humilau Gym's music is, which is why it's one of my favourite Gyms to visit from time to time. Opelucid's always sound so powerful to me.
I've also always thought that those two themes really suit their Gyms and leaders.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The concept itself was great,however,I only enjoyed listening to Elesa's and Clay's Gym themes.My least favorite remixes were Humilau and Castelia Gym themes,because I found them really grating.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I liked these themes, and I do wish they would've stuck with the games. Anything to add to the gym leaders' personalities. My favorites were Driftveil and Humilau.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked these themes, and I do wish they would've stuck with the . Anything to add to the gym leaders' personalities. My favorites were Driftveil and Humilau.

I found Humilau's Gym theme to be too much like elevator music honestly. It just didn't stand out to me. Even the Castelia Gym had better BGM imo since it sounded mysterious. :x

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just noticed that the Aspertia City's Gym theme is the same as the old Gym themes of BW.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I like Roxie's gym's unique theme cuz of the voice which I guess is supposed to be hers. Burgh's gym's theme sounds so quiet and relaxing too. :)

Bananarama

The light is coming
I loved how there were new, unique battle themes. It always kept the new gym battles fresh, imo. If I had to pick a favorite, though, I'd say Roxie's BGM, because it was very energetic and it put me in the mood to battle.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I just noticed that the Aspertia City's Gym theme is the same as the old Gym themes of BW.
I like that they included the regular Gym theme for the Aspertia Gym. While I enjoyed many of the remixed themes for the other Gyms, it was nice to be able to hear the regular theme in one of the Gyms. I just like that theme a lot. XD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like that they included the regular Gym theme for the Aspertia Gym. While I enjoyed many of the remixed themes for the other Gyms, it was nice to be able to hear the regular theme in one of the Gyms. I just like that theme a lot. XD

I still liked it that at least we got to listen to the old BW Gym theme in the Aspertia Gym in addition to the unique Gym themes in B2W2, which was a double bonus for me.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh it's decent although the Japanese version is cooler since she spells Dogars.

I've heard that version plus the English version and I kind of like 'em both hee hee. The voice is the same at least and the word that she sings is pretty much trivial to me. ^^

Nyter

Island Challenger
Uhh loved it. It was great detail and really envoked that memorable moment of stepping into those gyms. Elesa and Clay' s gym themes were my fave!

Status
Not open for further replies.