• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

United States Gun Control: Gun Control = Fascism Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLutz

Banned
Either way, allow me to make a prediction, to get back onto the subject of firearms. I predict that Obama is going to try and get firearms outlawed on a national level.

All firearms? He knows he would never get that through Congress, and even if he did it would be struck down by the Supreme Court on a constitutional basis

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Either way, allow me to make a prediction, to get back onto the subject of firearms. I predict that Obama is going to try and get firearms outlawed on a national level.

No surprise, you've already proposed one law that breaks a Constitutional amendment.

What makes you think that?

All firearms? He knows he would never get that through Congress, and even if he did it would be struck down by the Supreme Court on a constitutional basis

Not to mention, no matter what people think, he's not that stupid, and I can't see a reason for him to push a wild goose chase of that nature.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
No surprise, you've already proposed one law that breaks a Constitutional amendment.

What makes you think that?

Not to mention, no matter what people think, he's not that stupid, and I can't see a reason for him to push a wild goose chase of that nature.

It's over the top to be sure, but I've seen him do 'stupider' things and get away with it. He actually managed to pass a law that will require Americans to buy a product in 2014. And the Supreme Court backed him on it, saying that it was just a tax (even though he said it was a fine on numerous occasions -- interesting, isn't it?).

Anyway, you can't deny that the media has gotten way too out of hand in covering the shooter and putting his picture and name all over the news. You just can't. Some of them have covered the shooter more than the victims. THAT is atrocious.

Last edited:

The Admiral

I've seen him do 'stupider' things and get away with it. Are you kidding me? He actually managed to pass a law that will require Americans to buy a product in 2014. And the Supreme Court backed him on it, saying that it was just a tax (even though he said it was a fine on numerous occasions -- interesting, isn't it?).

Obamacare does not require a product be purchased. It just "encourages" it, by means of a levy (who cares what you want to call it, it is a form of levy either way). Honestly, I'm not sure if you're intentionally leaving out information/misrepresenting the information, or if you just haven't done your homework on the matter.

Anyway, you can't deny that the media has gotten way too out of hand in covering the shooter and putting his picture and name all over the news. You just can't.

That may be, but I can deny that a law, particularly an unconstitutional one, is the solution.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
That may be, but I can deny that a law, particularly an unconstitutional one, is the solution.

I'll admit, I went overboard with that post. I'm not gonna deny it. That said, what would you do to stop these shootings?

Last edited:

The Admiral

I'll admit, I went overboard with that post. I'm not gonna deny it. That said, what would you do to stop these shootings?

Stopping the shootings is pretty much impossible. To lessen them, I think more careful enforcement of gun laws and background checks are probably a good idea.

As for restraining information... well, that one's kind of a pipe dream, sadly.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Because he can totally do that. I mean, really, why would he? And what makes him think you will?

BJPalmer85

Stopping the shootings is pretty much impossible. To lessen them, I think more careful enforcement of gun laws and background checks are probably a good idea.

As for restraining information... well, that one's kind of a pipe dream, sadly.

I like what you said earlier in response to what I said and I like this here...

new and more strict laws wont do **** if the government isnt willing to step in and do something. I think that a ban on the selling of new automatic weapons should be in place and that people who own them already are allowed to keep them but have to be put on some sort of national register or something. Anyone that is caught selling or in possession of one that is not registered faces a huge fine AND at least 5 years in prison.

That is wishful thinking though, no way to enforce any of it without making raids or something

And to the guy that is telling people to grow up....you have got to be ****ing kidding me!!! Like someone else mentioned, lose someone in one of these shooting or watch someone suffer from losing a loved one to this kind of senseless violence (as I have) and see how you feel if someone tells to to "grow up". I hope to God that you completely lack the ability to adequately explain yourself and that you came off as a douche bag by mistake

B

7 tyranitars

I like what you said earlier in response to what I said and I like this here...

new and more strict laws wont do **** if the government isnt willing to step in and do something. I think that a ban on the selling of new automatic weapons should be in place and that people who own them already are allowed to keep them but have to be put on some sort of national register or something. Anyone that is caught selling or in possession of one that is not registered faces a huge fine AND at least 5 years in prison.

That is wishful thinking though, no way to enforce any of it without making raids or something

And to the guy that is telling people to grow up....you have got to be ****ing kidding me!!! Like someone else mentioned, lose someone in one of these shooting or watch someone suffer from losing a loved one to this kind of senseless violence (as I have) and see how you feel if someone tells to to "grow up". I hope to God that you completely lack the ability to adequately explain yourself and that you came off as a douche bag by mistake

B

Another optional solution is that they can "sell" their weapon to the government. Next to keeping it for who already have one.

BJPalmer85

Another optional solution is that they can "sell" their weapon to the government. Next to keeping it for who already have one.

I like that.

another option would be stricter policies on the selling of ammunition and/or the items necessary to make it at home. This is funny and a little appropriate for this topic and adds to what I am already saying.

B

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Anyone that is caught selling or in possession of one that is not registered faces a huge fine AND at least 5 years in prison.

Wishful thinking indeed. Prisons are overcrowded as is, and people that sell illegal firearms especially if they are in the single or double digits are probably not going to see that kind of jail time. Courts want to go after the guys who have the big numbers.

BJPalmer85

Wishful thinking indeed. Prisons are overcrowded as is, and people that sell illegal firearms especially if they are in the single or double digits are probably not going to see that kind of jail time. Courts want to go after the guys who have the big numbers.

Then give it some sort of tiered structure ending with anyone owning more than 10 gets charged with a capitol offense that is punishable by death.

B

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Then give it some sort of tiered structure ending with anyone owning more than 10 gets charged with a capitol offense that is punishable by death.

You are kidding me right? You are talking about feeding, bathing, sheltering and clothing a prisoner for a death penalty sentence. So you are spending millions of dollars on this individual whose offense probably was only worth a few thousand.
You are going to put this individual in prisons with rapists and murderers for simply possessing guns?
What about first offenders automatic death penalty for possessing illegal guns?

T.I. was brought up on federal weapons charges (after multiple incidents with the law) and that charge only held a max sentence of 10 years, which was reduced to a year and a day.

I understand this is a personal issue for you but you have to have some rational thinking behind your stances.

BJPalmer85

You are kidding me right? You are talking about feeding, bathing, sheltering and clothing a prisoner for a death penalty sentence. So you are spending millions of dollars on this individual whose offense probably was only worth a few thousand.
You are going to put this individual in prisons with rapists and murderers for simply possessing guns?

T.I. was brought up on federal weapons charges (after multiple incidents with the law) and that charge only held a max sentence of 10 years, which was reduced to a year and a day.

I understand this is a personal issue for you but you have to have some rational thinking behind your stances.

i know it is not rational and it will never happen, but some sort of extreme measures should be taken (obviously not the death penalty). I believe that the harder the government cracks down on something than the more it will help, not solve, but help at the very least

B

miles0624

Wrath of Fire

Its not millions of dollars. Its 275k a year.

BJPalmer85

Its not millions of dollars. Its 275k a year.

that needs to be a another thread or 2. What to do with the prison population and another one about the death penalty

B

WildHennaCharizard

Ok Here are some facts about the shooter:

He tried to buy a gun from a retailer; they went to do a background check on him. He then told them to forget about and did not purcashe a firearm.
He took one his mom's guns that she had collected to murder 22 people.
His Mom had taken him out and TAUGHT him how to use a firearm!

With this said what do we do?

Psychic

Really and truly
Guys, please stay on-topic. This isn't the place to talk about prison or the death penalty, or to talk about talking about these and any other subjects not directly related to the thread topic.

Ok Here are some facts about the shooter:

He tried to buy a gun from a retailer; they went to do a background check on him. He then told them to forget about and did not purcashe a firearm.
He took one his mom's guns that she had collected to murder 22 people.
His Mom had taken him out and TAUGHT him how to use a firearm!

With this said what do we do?
Well, firstly having guns and children in the same building really isn't the best idea. After all, a three-year-old boy just shot himself with a family gun just this Monday, and that wasn't the only incident. Owning a gun makes even less sense for cases where mentally unstable people are in the same building as a gun. Teaching the mentally unstable how to shoot a gun is also not one of the wisest ideas I've ever heard. This article gives good insight into dealing with such children.

Part of the answer to "what do we do now" could be related to mental health and dealing with mental health issues. But I also fail to see the harm in strengthening gun ownership laws in general if it could mean less lives being lost.

I also don't come from a culture where guns have such a high status, so that prevents me from understanding why guns are so highly valued for others. I honestly just don't get it, and it confounds me that people are fine with risking so much for the right to own weapons capable of an unnecessary degree of destruction.

~Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.