• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

United States Gun Control: Gun Control = Fascism Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 tyranitars

BJPalmer85

^ Allowed the teachers to carry weapons AND got armed security guards, it seems. It's not really clear from the article which, or if both, is what is really helping there.

I don't suppose we know how often Israeli and US schools are threatened? I'd imagine Israeli schools would be in a more constant state of danger compared to the US, in which case their safety measures may not be appropriate for us, but I'm just speculated there.

Something has got to change. There were 3 terrorism style threats in school in or very close to my home town since the CT shootings.

Mental health seemed to be an important topic at one point, so what about certified psychologist in every school across the US or students have access to one and there is some sort of mandatory requirement for them to talk to one a couple times a year.

Thought to argue against myself the amount of money that would require as well as the visits it would take to see any kind of problem would both be large

B

BigLutz

Banned
The difference is that the usa isn't a warzone.

And yet warzone like attacks happen in our school, as such we should take similar precautions to prevent them

BJPalmer85

I have a question. Does anyone know, for a fact, what kind of weapons this guy had in CT?

Also with new gun legislation almost upon us what are peoples initial thoughts on what will change? Will there be a ban on certain guns? if so, which? any thoughts on new levels of security that might be implemented?

B

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I have a question. Does anyone know, for a fact, what kind of weapons this guy had in CT?

All they said is that he had a stockpile of automatic weapons and that his mother was an avid gun collector.

Also with new gun legislation almost upon us what are peoples initial thoughts on what will change? Will there be a ban on certain guns? if so, which? any thoughts on new levels of security that might be implemented?

B

It looks like they're focusing on automatic weapons for now. I don't know if they're planning on going further than that though. However, they are bringing mental health and violent video games/movies into the argument too.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
It looks like they're focusing on automatic weapons for now. I don't know if they're planning on going further than that though. However, they are bringing mental health and violent video games/movies into the argument too.

I don't think that one Congressman mentioning video games is all that significant.

BigLutz

Banned

BJPalmer85

All they said is that he had a stockpile of automatic weapons and that his mother was an avid gun collector.

Fully auto weapon?

I thought it was already extremely hard to get automatic weapons? seeing as how you had to get a class 3 FFL, go through months if not years of back ground checks performed by the ATF and pay thousands of dollars.

B

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Fully auto weapon?

I thought it was already extremely hard to get automatic weapons? seeing as how you had to get a class 3 FFL, go through months if not years of back ground checks performed by the ATF and pay thousands of dollars.

B

I have no idea. All they said is he had a stockpile.

Akiyama

Awake me if Ash wins
-- EY YO CLICK THE EMBEDDED LINKS IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS DISCUSSION --

The United States needs to seriously reevaluate and increase its gun-control laws.

Today a man killed twenty children and half a dozen adults in a school using a legally purchased semiautomatic assault rifle.

This comes days after a public shooting in an Oregon Mall.

We can blame Nick for not killing the mall shooter in an instant. Seriously, a gun owner is seen, then the shooter killed himself.
As for the sad school shooting, how the heck did a guy with Aspergers go crazy like that? That's a good question to ask because I know a young man with Aspergers in a whole worse life, and he's still alive. Impressive how Congress sends a committee out to think about video game censorship, but I don't hear about what the drugs Adam took could have done to him.

News about other nations

I disagree that the moves of government to limit gun ownership of their people can be justified. The worst school killing in America was a bomb in 1927. Even then, so many more would have died if the rest of the bombs went off. Given how smart I heard Adam was (a techno nerd, rumor says), he could have done a truck bomb, he could have run over kids as they walked home before exploding as well. But there's also arson. . .

Besides, a government disarming its population or banning possession of firearms is an act of aggression. It invades property and forces people to comply or be killed or arrested. Whereas, my use of assault rifles to stop a bad guy entering my home (or killing others) does not invade people's property (unless I miss and hit someone unintended, then I would be in trouble).

BJPalmer85

I have no idea. All they said is he had a stockpile.

OK, i am curious because of the level of tedious work that is required to obtain a fully auto weapon and not to mention the money they cost (15-20k), so i am finding it hard to believe they were fully auto and no just semi-auto variants.

B

7 tyranitars

That's ridiculous. Instead of going after the issue,Congress is debating on video games? Wow, just wow.

People like to blame other things in order to protect their guns.

BJPalmer85

People should protect their guns, but video games are not the problem and never have been.

B

BigLutz

Banned

Actually you will find some of those calling on the movie and game industry right now to be some of the staunchest Liberals. Hell even Chris Dodd, the former corrupt Congressman and now head of the MPAA is saying the Movie Industry is willing to talk about how to censor violence in movies.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
There needs to be a more broad-minded discussion about what guns are, what they represent. Right now we are saturated with the left-wing idea that there is no possible reason for guns besides sowing destruction and murder. This is an emotional response to a traumatic event rather than an objective look at a complex past of American society. Neither are guns just about defending yourself or arming yourself in a rebellion. There is more emphasis on individual empowerment in American culture, more of a concentration on what the individual is entitled to do. A gun is the ability to take someone else's life. Having a gun is having the power to be an equal player in a society where other people might be a danger to you, like a check/balance to other citizens on a societal scale. Any sort of complete gun control means that we no longer trust the individual with the power to end someone else's life. That would be a major, permanent change to American culture.

However, I think we already stopped trusting the individual to a large extent, it just hasn't been made unanimous or coded in law and the culture.

Again, my opinion is that we should make it as hard to get a gun as it is to legally change your gender. I'm for tighter gun regulation, but not a total illegalization.

BJPalmer85

There needs to be a more broad-minded discussion about what guns are, what they represent. Right now we are saturated with the left-wing idea that there is no possible reason for guns besides sowing destruction and murder. This is an emotional response to a traumatic event rather than an objective look at a complex past of American society. Neither are guns just about defending yourself or arming yourself in a rebellion. There is more emphasis on individual empowerment in American culture, more of a concentration on what the individual is entitled to do. A gun is the ability to take someone else's life. Having a gun is having the power to be an equal player in a society where other people might be a danger to you, like a check/balance to other citizens on a societal scale. Any sort of complete gun control means that we no longer trust the individual with the power to end someone else's life. That would be a major, permanent change to American culture.

However, I think we already stopped trusting the individual to a large extent, it just hasn't been made unanimous or coded in law and the culture.

Again, my opinion is that we should make it as hard to get a gun as it is to legally change your gender. I'm for tighter gun regulation, but not a total illegalization.

I like what you said here and agree with you...

I believe that banning guns is a desperate act by law makers that have no idea on how to limit these kinds of tragedies, or even worse, are just law makers that hate guns and are using this tragedy to bolster their agenda (these people need to be taken out).

Tighter gun control is needed, but something needs to be done to study these cases and find out what happened to the person that committed these crimes. People aren't born evil, evilness is taught/learned.

B

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Also, the media has been wildly irresponsibile in their coverage of these shootings, probably contributing to the amount of copycat attacks happening. But I don't see Congress investigating that, or talking about regulating news coverage.

BJPalmer85

Also, the media has been wildly irresponsibile in their coverage of these shootings, probably contributing to the amount of copycat attacks happening. But I don't see Congress investigating that, or talking about regulating news coverage.

of course not. It again would go against a constitutional amendment but there needs to be some sort of regulation put into place, they were interview the kids in the classrooms that got shot up. Asking KINDERGARTEN age kids how they felt about their classmates getting killed, are you ****ing kidding me?!?!? Had I been a parent of one of those kids I would have attacked every single person with a microphone and camera, and I would have welcomed the lawsuit because I doubt a single jury in America would have sided with the media for what they did

B

D

Deleted member 318910

of course not. It again would go against a constitutional amendment but there needs to be some sort of regulation put into place, they were interview the kids in the classrooms that got shot up. Asking KINDERGARTEN age kids how they felt about their classmates getting killed, are you ****ing kidding me?!?!? Had I been a parent of one of those kids I would have attacked every single person with a microphone and camera, and I would have welcomed the lawsuit because I doubt a single jury in America would have sided with the media for what they did.

B

^This. The MSM (Main S H I T Media) is the real problem with the amount of stupidity today.If they quit reporting on shootings like this for nearly 2 MONTHS, this wouldn't keep happening. By reporting on mass killings like this, other people go "Hey, if this stuff can get me noticed, i'll do that!". I'm not saying we should stop reporting on shootings like this, but only report on them for like, 4 days MAXIMUM.

Of course, as long as Faux News or CNN exists, this will keep happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.