• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Universal Pictures to Release Arceus & the Jewel of Life for the UK in November

charizardmaster125

Well now, this is interesting. According to play.com, Universal Pictures will release Pokémon Movie 12: Arceus & the Jewel of Life on DVD for UK Region 2 for November 28th 2011. This comes a few weeks after releasing Pokemon Zoroark Master of Illusions on DVD in the UK during September, so it seems that the UK is slowly but surely catching up, well at least on the movie front.

Arceus and the Jewel of Life was aired on Cartoon Network in the US in 2009 and here in the UK on Disney XD in 2010 and on CITV in 2011. The DVD sales of the Zoroark movie must have gone down well in the UK though this is probably just a “normal” release for Universal as I have stated in other threads that they already had the rights to this movie and the Giratina movie DVDs in the US.

Something tells me that we could get the TV shows soon as well because on closer web browsing, it seems that Universal have also released Box Sets of Galactic Battles in France, whom share the same region code as us and who use the English adaptation of the show but dub it over in their respected languages. Of course the Galactic Battles DVD in France only has the French audio track.

I think CITV spilled the beans initially because in their airing of the movie, “DVD Menu Author” popped up in the credits, unless they had a Region 1 copy of the film or a special broadcast disc which had a menu designed for it. I would post up screen shots but the computer won't let me. :(

This is of course a sketchy release date and is subject to change, as the date did with the Zoroark movie but never the less a welcome addition to the UK. Maybe Universal might release Black & White on DVD here in the not too distant future.

Please Copy & Paste this link as it is not being lit up, I think the URL is too long for the forum to class it as a link. :)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/24261369/Pokemon-Arceus-And-The-Jewel-Of-Life/Product.html?searchtype=r2alldvd&searchsource=0&se%20archstring=Pokemon&urlrefer=search&strefer=r2alldv%20d&searchfilters=s{Pokemon}%2bc{57}%2b

Last edited:

charizardmaster125

BREAKING NEWS:

Rather than create a separate thread, it has just come to my attention that Universal will also be releasing Giratina & the Sky Warrior the same day as Arceus and the Jewel of life.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/24261365/Pokemon-Giratina-And-The-Sky-Warrior/Product.html?searchtype=r2alldvd&searchsource=0&searchstring=Pokemon&urlrefer=search&strefer=r2alldvd&searchfilters=s{Pokemon}%2bc{57}%2b

Both movies can be pre-ordered now and are being sold separately for £6.99, makes sense since these two movies link in with The Rise of Darkrai. It seems as if my past few days have been full of surprises. We may not be getting Destiny Deoxys yet but at least these will tide us over.

The thing that bothers me though is, why does the UK get Pokémon DVDs so late that people either already import them or record the television airings as I have done?

Oh well looks like Pokemania is back in the UK.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan

Haunter ゴースト

Pokemon is still big in the UK, it's just that all the merchandise companies don't give a f***.

Theres rarely any merch you can buy here besides the games, a few DVDs and TCG cards.

Oh yeah and the odd book or two.