• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unlocking the Red Chain of Events! (618)

Cobalt_Latios

Where can i find this episode to watch? Don't say youtube b/c no 1 uploaded it yet. If it is then plz send it to me.
I just watched it from there. I ain't telling you where, that's your problem.

The contest isn't in Sunnyshore, it's in a place called Asatsuki town. It's along the way to Sunnyshore.
I'm not going to say anything, just reread and rewrite the word slightly and you should get it.

-Cool intro to the episode with Handsome being Captured. Incredibly intense
Him not being phased a bit was pretty neat too.

-Jupiter knows it's handsome and that its a codename. :O
Gotta hand it to Galactic, they're observant. Then again, if they were to be a successful world taking crime syndicate, then obviously they'd need to be prepared.

-The gang has apparently stopped in Floaroma Town and we get to see a Cameo of the Poffin girl and her Roserade and Lotad!
It's pretty bad when I forget for a moment that Fuego is at Floaroma.

-Also, it's the pokegear! Now Brock really is Max!
It's a toy, and it's being used to advertise HGSS. He's gonna use it every chance he gets. Like Dawn's Poketch. Except that she hardly uses anything besides that retarded coin flipper; despite it's surprising use...

-Meowth tells them this was done by Team galactic in an all out brawl and that's how they find out about the ironworks and handsome.
-I liked how Meowth refuses to take their help, saying something along the lines of he'll save J&J himself, but Dawn just says their going anyway to help Handsome.
-The pose skuntank was in when it was watching over Team rocket and handsome's Cell was priceless, as was its laughter when jessie got shocked.
That was pure hilarity. It was even better when both her and James get zapped by it. Then again, I'd expect that from them.

-battle atop the ironworks rooftop. The ironworks sure did provide some scenery that this anime rarely gets to see. Love it.
I wasn't paying attention, but it's great that Fuego got such a big role, despite being a side location. Truthfully, unless you decide to explore (much like Iron Island) you never even have to visit it.

-Also cool music when Jupiter tells the gang about the pixies. I think shes telling them about their relation to them? I dunno.
Initially, I was a bit confused about how she would know about their relations. That was until I remembered that they specifically said that they'd seen them. Back in Celestic town when Cyrus was "undercover". I presume he told them (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) about this and that's how she knew. She probably just assumed with Uxie seeing as that was the only one that wasn't mentioned.

-It's clear to me that none of the admins really like Pluto. He's more of nuisance to them it seems, and he seems full of himself when he refers to himself as " the genius pluto-sama".
A creepy old coot, but it does add a layer of comic relief to such a serious and very organized group of people.

After my absence for the previous two episodes, S.Suikun is back and loaded with bullet-point shells.

- You know, Handsome really ought to carry around a Pokemon or two. May save his butt when others are equipped with Pokemon.
Wait, I thought he had mad kung-fu skills? I mean, I recall people mentioning he took down a TG grunt bare handed. Course, he didn't have a stick to whack them with.

- Hey look, it's Roserade Girl and Superhero Roserade! I do hope we get also a cameo of Pikachu bakery old lady.
Maybe, but at least the former was closer to more relevant location.

- Brock: "Look at me and my Pokegear! I'm helping! I'm truly helping!"
He is, he's advertising ;).

- Route 205? Dang, and here I was all ready to joke about "Generic Flower Field of Woe".
- I'm creeped out by the game accuracy here. You've got the flower field behind Fuego Ironworks with the river running between them and an actual route name?
S.o.B. they really seem to be paying a lot more attention to detail this series. That's impressive.

- Galactic stuff happens. I still love Pluto's cackle and I still hope you dub viewers aren't robbed of his wheezing laugh.
Considering how that hilarious scene in that Rotom episode wasn't changed at all, I think we'll be fine. Doubtful, but they seem to be doing a better job than before.

- Red Chain fragment is Pluto prank. Creates a giant ball of light that...does absolutely nothing except break the glass.
And fries that computer used to scan it. Love the little Charon icon: you've be Plutowned/Chared! (yeah, I'll admit, I was trying to hard there)

Obviously a set-up episode for bigger things. Let's hope those "bigger things" are also "quality things".
So far so good...

<C_L>

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Let's just hope in the two next episodes that Ash and his friends stop Team Galactic and Pokemon Hunter J once and for all. They need all the help they can get. Gary will make his appearance,and so does the Champion Master Cynthia. They may need their help to stop the two big criminals.

Is it me, or is it that 2/3 of the commanders (namely Saturn and in this case, Jupiter) just dislikes Charon?

All the commanders hate him obviously. He's an old, crusty guy who does nothing but giggle at their anger and failures, as you see in the anime. BUT I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
We never saw Mars and how she feels about him anime-wise. But in Platinum, she obviously has a dislike for him as well.

But anyways.
I did catch the episode later on. We finally got decent screentime of Jupiter. And this episode really showed her shine and brought out her personality more. I loved her expressions throughout the episode. Especially her 'evil happy' looks.
Oh and of course the part when she was in the copter with Pluto. And his giggling. She was pretty p issed and yeeeah.

GREAT EPISODE THOUGH. This episode wasn't so much as a finale, as it was to be Jupiter's last minute screentime episode.
The ending was pretty cool too, with Cyrus calling Hunter J.

AND JUPITER'S SKUNTANK LAUGHING AT TEAM ROCKET IN THE CELL. Very cute, ehe.

:> Team Galactic ..yesyess, awesome.

Cobalt_Latios

Oh and of course the part when she was in the copter with Pluto. And his giggling. She was pretty p issed and yeeeah.
About that, at one point she stared down and noticed what appears to be a trapdoor... whats up with that?

<C_L>

STICKTOPIA

I just watched it from there. I ain't telling you where, that's your problem.<C_L>
I already watched it not too long after asking and that's pretty rude to say.

Cobalt_Latios

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
mumble mumble eps recently have been BORING mumble ...wait, TG? WATCHING EPISODE NOW.

-Oh no! Looker's been hit by...air cutter?...from GOLBAT! Curse TG for simultaneously taking care of the "bats! bats EVERYWHERE!" problem in Shinou's caves and increasing their Pokemon army power a thousandfold!
-Hahahaha I cannot take Skuntank's voice seriously
-Looker shares TR's ability to wear a full outfit underneath a relatively form-fitting disguise without the other outfit being obvious. Oh, anime.
-Bad Jupiter! No having Skuntank blow something up in a distance shot before cutting to the opening song!
-Hey! I just realized that the terrible 3D renders of Dialga and Palkia in the title card are relevant now!
-2 second shot of Roserade & filler Roserade girl? What? Why?
-The next contest is going to be a double performance. How exciting. Couldn't they have saved that info for Not A Team Galactic Finale?
-The flower fields of Floaroma are as boring in the anime as they are in the games. At least the anime area doesn't have terrible music on top of it.
-An injured Meowth! Oh my!
-I'm proud of the twerps for not immediately blasting off Meowth once they realized it was the TR Meowth(as opposed to all those other Meowths we see in the show)
-TR's still calling Team Galactic "Suteki Fashion"(I forgot what the first word means, but you know that nickname I'm talking about!)?
-But in the flashback Meowth does remember that TG is, in fact, called Team Galactic. Who even knows anymore.
-Brock must be so happy that the writers gave HIM the device advertising the new set of games. He gets to do things now!
-TR defeats the Ironworks fence with...a ladder(challenging!) & see Jupiter staring down Looker. You know, just in case you forgot that was happening at the start of the ep.
-Too bad Looker doesn't have some sort of Pokemon that he could use against Jupiter. I think some sort of frog Pokemon would suit him, maybe one that's part fighting and part poison. Not sure why, maybe it has something to do with the games... Although I guess if you want to be picky, Looker never uses Croagunk in the games until he arrests Looker in the Heatran event
-BULBASAUR USED VINE WHIP!...er, I mean "Carnivine". I keep forgetting that Vine Whip spam is no longer Bulbasaur's turf.
-Jupiter is slightly annoyed by TR's intrusion, and beats the living daylights out of them in responce.
-I'm not sure what Meowth's talking about after showing off his claws but I'm sure it's dramatic.
-AshnCo don't really seem to be taking this rescue mission seriously. Or maybe it's supposed to be some psychological trick on Meowth to make him cooperate more?
-Skuntank has suddenly become my favorite Galactic Commander Pokemon. Just look at how relaxed it is, laying on its side while keeping an eye on the prisoners.
-The bars are the door are electrical, because...TG hates people, I guess.
-There's also some sort of trap that prevents Pokeballs from being used, forcing them to stay in their hilariously tiny form that we almost never see for more than 0.2 seconds.
-I'm sure this scene would mean more if I could understand anything that was being said.
-RED CHAIN ALERT STATUS:CODE RED.
-It's absolutely bizarre seeing Pluto from the side for a change.
-Thou shalt not make Over 9000 jokes about the scanner one of the grunts has.
-The spear key made an orb glow! OH NO!
-Apparently Meowth is the one in TR who carries around the Make A New Meowth Balloon button.
-Pachirisu lives! The writers really seem to be going "...oh, right, they have THAT Pokemon! I totally forgot! Here, let's write that Pokemon into this episode quick" a lot lately.
-A Bubblebeam somehow stops Skuntank's FLAMETHROWER. Apparently Water Gun/Whirlpool would have made too much sense.
-Cue dramatic scene where Jupiter makes the Main Character/Pixie connections blatently obvious.
-Oh and in case you forgot Pikachu's still riding Staraptor and shooting down a bunch of Golbat.
-Jupiter escapes, and the twerps prioritize saving Looker and TR over SAVING THE UNIVERSE RIGHT THIS INSTANT.
-TR is reunited and happy and oh they're running off for some reason.
-*fanfare* Looker found a Red Rupee!
-I love how TR's more concerned with heading to MT. CORONET, WHERE THE PLOT TO END THIS UNIVERSE IS ABOUT TO UNFOLD than the twerps are.
-Speaking of the twerps, they're busy in Floaroma analyzing the rupee red chain fragment. Because that's important somehow.
-Ohhhhh, they got SERVED by Pluto.
-Sure, it was a trap, but it was kind of dumb to get sidetracked analyizing the crystal instead of heading after TG in the first place.
-Whoa, Cyrus almost looks like a normal human being in this side shot!
-Dramatic ending shot! ...how cute, the narrator's treating Brock like he's a character that does things.

Pretty good ep. Now, let's see if they can keep it up in the next two eps of the arc!

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
There is only one thing that put a downer on this episode for me......

I CAN'T SPEAK JAPANESE!! lol

From what i got from this episode it was very good. Much better than the last one

The episode seemed like the perfect prelude to a big arc, setting up the scene and filling us in on what we need to know.

Woo they're finally using Brock for something.

I loved that James saved someone with Carnivine soo cool

The last shot of the episode was truly epic and amazing.....true anime style.

I'd say they're still going to show Jasmine in the next contest with

steelix and magnezone vs mamoswine and cyndaquil

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Finally we got a Jupiter mission, good.

and Pluto was strange, he laughed at her once...

8/10

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Gdit Jupiter stop sounding like you're 14. Seriously, you're around 30 or something.

So the three of you were supposed to be Chosen Ones or something, eh? So Charon was still screwed over? No wonder he hates you and your zombie boss.

...ok no seriously. How could you guys make the Red Chain without the fairies?

Good lord Meowth did you just say "peeps"? Also, "take a powder" doesn't mean what you think it does.

"Or else"? Looker, if you guys didn't make backups, that's your own problem.

Torpoleon

Finally we got a Jupiter mission, good.

and Pluto was strange, he laughed at her once...

8/10
How the hell is it strange for someone to laugh at someone?

8.5/10
Well, the episode was decent, but not perfect. Then again, it was the beginning of the Team Galactic Finale. What else could I expect? I liked Hunter J appearing at the end too. Also, this is the 150th episode of the DP Saga and Sinnoh!

halloweenghost

I thought it was epic.. i felt like I was watching a movie and look forward to the other two to finish it. I've been looking forward to the wrapping up of Team Galactic events for awile. I knew it was gonna be an epic story.. more then the scuffle of legends

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, the episode was pretty epic indeed, and yeah however, it was just the beginning, so the excitment is building up. And now seeing J is back at the end, I can't wait to see her mission in next week's episode.

halloweenghost

I know it sounds odd but I feel this storyline should have been one of the movies,..but then again it would be a gap in episodes of no resolve of the upcoming storyline say if you had the season on DVD and such but no DVd of the movie, so i guess it is good they end it in the actual episodes themselves.

Torpoleon

Oh and I forgot to mention it was cool that this episode was made in HD like what all episodes should be starting with DP121.

Gdit Jupiter stop sounding like you're 14. Seriously, you're around 30 or something.

DUDE IKR!
She sounds gorgeous though so I love it. But when I think Jupiter, I think mature, deep, sexy woman voice! You know, with Mars you can see the young whiny squeaky voice, so that's perfect too.

But I almost missed it. I missed the first few minutes because Cartoon Network is gay and airs Poke so fricken early WHYYYYYY?! But I woke up with Saturn making that : D face. He sounded creepy. Does his voice keep changing? Maybe because I was half asleep idk. But from there I watched the rest.

PLUTO IS AMAZING. "jealousy is a human emotion HEHAHAHEHAHAHA"

mhmmmm. I still wish these guys had more than two more episodes left. ;-;
But trying to imagine those three (NOT PLUTO) being the chosen ones for the Lake guardians, haha wtf. Standing in Ash/Hikari/Brock's exact place at that exact moment.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Yo man, dis sheet iz off DA CHAIN!!

And is it just me or is Cyrus IN-SANE in da RED CHAIN (Insane in da braaaaain.)

But let me explain. I don't mean to complain. I have no disdain. In fact, let me refrain from sayin' anything that may cause you pain. My pleasure is not feigned.

FunPika

...ok no seriously. How could you guys make the Red Chain without the fairies?

In the anime they used the meteors from Veilstone City to make the Red Chain.

Also, my favorite quotes from this episode: :)

"Oh no, not those three!" Looker's reaction to TR trying to save him.
"I hate that laugh..." Jupiter referring to Charon's laugh.
"You seem so good at popping up out of nowhere; would you like to join Team Galactic?" Jupiter talking to the twerps/meowth.
"That would be so eew!" Dawn's reply to the above.