• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unlocking the Red Chain of Events! (618)

Brumrha

Banned
*sigh* It's been quite some time since I've been here, too many damn games, but now everything's settled down. Still, it's been how long since I've seen this, & god knows how my memory has been acting as of late. However, since it's another part of the TG line, I'll try my best.

- We see Looker in disguise inside a factory of some sort, when all of a sudden, oh noes!! His cover is blown by Jupiter, & he's under attack by a swarm of Golbat!
- Then, an explosion comes out & engulfs the entire area. What the hell happened? That get's answered later, though.
- We now get to Ash & the gang, who is now at Floaroma, to discuss on where to go for Dawn's next, & hopefully last, Gouge-your-eyes fest.
- Just as they continue walking, they find TR's Meowth out cold. Brock, being the soft-hearted breeder, tends to Meowth's wounds.
- After recovering from his ordeals, Meowth reluctantly tells them what exactly happened: TG was in the Fuego Ironworks, working on a little something that'll activate the Red Chain, & as soon as Looker got exposed, TR stepped into the fray for some strange reason. Unfortunately, it's to no avail, as now they are both imprisoned inside the ironworks with Looker.
- In the meantime, another expeditionary force from TG has now uncovered another set of ruins on Mt. Coronet, & this time, their Spear Key actually works. With that, everything is going to plan.
- Back with Ash, they travel via TR's balloon to Fuego, but then, a Swarm of Golbat comes after them, in which Pikachu & Piplup just brush aside.
- They do, however, also find Jupiter, in which they have a bit of trouble beating her Skuntank into submission. They eventually use Toxic in order to get away.
- With her gone, they all decide to find TR & Looker, & once they did, they've figured out on a way to get them free.
- What's even better is that they've left some "evidence" behind in the form of a small, red gem, in which Looker takes & send to the International Police HQ to analyze.
- At HQ, the analysis begins to go underway in order to find out what the hell TG is up to, but then, the screen turns fizzy, & then it shows Charon's face with his tongue sticking out. Hmm???
- The machine then begins to overload. Oh no, it's a trap!! RUN!!!!
- The said trap wipes out the entire database so now the International Police are back to square one. Brilliant thinking on Charon's part. Still, they have tabs on the three lakes, so there's still hope.
- Just as said, the Lake Valor surveillance reports that there is a huge airship up above the lake.
- The explanation? Cyrus has enlisted the help of none other than Hunter J to capture the Lake Trio. My, my. Unfortunately it ends here.

Dammit, I knew this is going to take more than a measly half hour to finish this off, but still, if the International Police do get involved in this, they better damn well authorize the use of deadly force against them...

I'm not exactly sure that this is a vivid recollection of this episode, but that's all I've got, I'm afraid...

Last edited:
I had a hard time understanding what Jupiter was murmuring under her breath to Ash, Dawn and Brock. All I know it was due to them being chosen by the Lake trio and she goes nuts and acts like a spoiled brat over why they chose them. anyways, Charon is kind of a creep when he does that sort of cackle of his. Also I notice that Mars didn't get a speaking role in this episode, such a shame.

I had a hard time understanding what Jupiter was murmuring under her breath to Ash, Dawn and Brock. All I know it was due to them being chosen by the Lake trio and she goes nuts and acts like a spoiled brat over why they chose them. anyways, Charon is kind of a creep when he does that sort of cackle of his. Also I notice that Mars didn't get a speaking role in this episode, such a shame.

Rebeccag

THis episode was good to kick things off laughed how Meouth said he was gonna go by himself then fell over, NIce to see Looker again and also some good team work between Ash and Dawn as well. Jupiter was acting a little brattish I agree oh and I agree Charon creeps me out as well he just looks really weird and creepy

A decent and serious episode to kick-off the end of the Galaxy arc. Probably the best bit for me was Looker taking off the Galaxy Grunt mask, and looking exactly the same!
I'm not entirely sure how the Galaxy executives really thought that the Lake Trio would appear to them. Why would they? Still, looking forward to teh next episode!

It was nice of AshnCo. to help Meowth when he was hurt, even though he's part of a group of criminals that never have anything better to do than steal a certain electrical mouse.

Aurath8

I've been waiting all series for this episode and the two following it. Next to the Rival battle, Twinleaf Festival and Lyra and Khoury this has been a high point of the series.
It all looks polished and wondeful. The raid on the Ironworks was fluently done by the gang. Jupiter made a smart escape and was still visible through the Toxic. She didn't just disappear like a cheapass chicken. It was well though out. Meowth showed such emotion during the battle against Skuntank, he has really carved out an interesting character for himself. The Spear Pillar scene was excellent as well as the booby trapped Red chain shard(and Charons b*tchin' on you face :p)
Team Galactic are an ingenious team that really mean business. Cyrus really has some big plans and executes them effeciently.
I cannot wait for next week's episode. Cue lake pokemon and some Hunter J action for a great early birthday present!

AmericanPi

Write on
I just LOVE this episode. When I watched it I thought, OMG this episode is the awesomest episode ever! It was loaded with action and suspense, and it was nice how Team Rocket and the heroes worked together to stop Team Galactic.This episode and the 2 episodes following it were a really awesome way to end the Galactic Battles season. Well Done, Pokemon Company.

And some people think Pokemon is going downhill. Pssht.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Finally Team Galactic is going to complete their plan of creating a new world...Who is going to stop them... I hope it will be Cynthia

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was great to finally have the continuation of the Team Galactic plot. Interesting how Looker was captured, and this time instead of being fooled, Jupiter saw right through his disguise. It was cool how Jupiter already was aware of Ash/Dawn/Brock's encounters with Azelf, Mespirit, and Uxie. Jupiter's Skunktank is very strong. It was nice of the Gang to help out Meowth when they found him hurt.

70/100

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I thought it was a good start to the final arc. It was nice seeing TR helping out the good guys again. Not a big fan of Looker really but it's good that he's getting involved instead of just standing around and doing nothing.

Is this the first time Jupiter appeared? I forget but she seems different (Wait she does appear in the one of the first Galactic appearance doesn't she? Then Mars and Saturn are in the others most of the time). She was really cranky that she didn't get chosen, what made her think she would lol

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At long last, the beginning of the end of the Team Galactic storyline. I'm sorry, but compared to Teams Rocket, Aqua, and Magma, Team Galactic just plain sucks. Their storyline just doesn't make much sense, and apart from Cyrus the characters just aren't interesting. I was relieved when this three-parter came up, since it meant we wouldn't see the team again.

At least they starting wrapping things up well, though. We get some nice drama with Meowth being separated from his teammates and leading the twerps to the happenings, and we learn the purpose of the three pokemon visiting the twerps individually (I had to look up the connections to see that they fit the twerps perfectly- Ash and will, Brock and wisdom, Dawn and emotions). I also like Jessie misunderstanding the term "secret factory". LOL

7/10

GalactaKnightisawesome

Team Galactic Fan
At long last, the beginning of the end of the Team Galactic storyline. I'm sorry, but compared to Teams Rocket, Aqua, and Magma, Team Galactic just plain sucks. Their storyline just doesn't make much sense, and apart from Cyrus the characters just aren't interesting.

What do you mean? Like, Team Aqua and Team Magma SUCK. They have a hopelessly stupid goal, like Team Aqua's "make the whole world filled with water" thing. I mean, they can't even survive. Dumb. And Team Rocket? They are just...just intelletually challenged. Most of them are failed. And Team Galactic actually, like, has a better goal than the others. I mean, destroying all the "heroes" and making a new world sounds good to me. The only part I'm kind of pissed about is the "Cyrus ditches everyone" thing.

Last edited: