1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Unloved" Pokemon

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by lugia used splash, Mar 21, 2013.

1. lugia used splash

lugia used splash Likes Cake.

And by unloved, I mean ones that people tend to overlook, ones that are outclassed by other pokemon e.t.c. So, do you use them?

I do. Always loved Stantler, but alas, outclassed by plenty.

2. ECM

ECM Well-Known Member

I think Tentacruel is often overlooked. But the one I actually like is Bibarel. I used one in Pokémon Pearl. A lot of people hate Bibarel for whatever reason. It's not the best Pokémon in the world, but I like it, plus I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was a water type as well.

3. Icarus©

Icarus© Full on PASBLer

I've found that people tend to overlook the rat pokemon like raticate for you know, obvious reasons.

Oh and people hate people like Luvdisc as well

4. Skytorn

Skytorn Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!

Normal types are the most over-looked, but it's my favorite type. Especially Bibarel, Linoone (my avatar), Bouffalant, Exploud and many others.

5. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Hey

I always make a team of 1st evolutions like now am training a treecko and gible to start my team of off :D

6. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

I think I've seen this thread before...

Jynx. Jynx definitely needs more love.

7. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I think octillery is underloved. It's an awesome type and an octopus .

8. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

It is loved, it's a great Pokemon in RU and is viable in Ubers though I'm not sure about the usage statistics.

Furthurmore I'm pretty sure every Pokemon has there own big enough fanbase, after all were just one site compared to the other loads of Pokemon fans out there.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  9. DarkSword39

DarkSword39 Heehouhouhouhou!

I actually forgot Barboach and Whiscash existed for a little while.

So yeah, Whiscash needs more love...

10. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

You're not a competitive player, are you? Tentacruel is everywhere in OU and it's very annoying with its Dream World ability.

Anyway, Garbodor and Crustle take the prize. Garbodor may look extremely ugly, but it's still good in-game, while Crustle is a good hazards user and a great Shell Smasher(both in-game and competitively). Also, in-game, so many people use Gardevoir over Alakazam for absolutely no reason. Alakazam is great even before gen IV.

Jynx kinda sucks in RU. OU and Ubers are where Jynx is at, with Drizzle Politoed/Kyogre everywhere it can turn into a pseudo-Darkrai.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  11. Aura Sensei™

Aura Sensei™ User Title

Azumarill. Despite previously being kinda bad, with Huge Power and Drizzle Politoed it can really do some damage. It's sad that it's still not used much :'[

12. The Master Chief

The Master Chief A.K.A Tythaeus

i love houndoom but in the competitive world its not used often.. =/ i still love it xD

13. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

I don't know, I feel this may have to do with how you don't have to trade to get it.

Nintendo needs to give Flareon some more love.

14. ECM

ECM Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't play competitively. I never see Tentacruel in peoples teams, but I guess it's in way more teams than I thought.

But Flareon! I agree that Flareon needs more love, for sure. Mightyena too. I used Mightyena in Ruby, but I rarely see it being used.

15. Lluc

Lluc Cute Rodent Trainer

The electric rodents, I don't care if they're as frail as a wet piece of paper I still use them because they're as cute as heck. I used an Emolga in my Black 2 playthrough and he was a decent member of my team. He was actually more useful than my Samurott and Arcanine! (Though it could be because they're movesets weren't that good). If I ever play a Hoenn or Sinnoh game again I plan on using a Minun or Pachirisu on my team.

16. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

There are many unloved pokemon. Poor weak NU and RU pokemon... at least your good enough for in-game teams.

Grass-types tend to be the least loved because they have more weaknesses than advantages.

17. yasei

yasei Trainer and Artist

Girafarig? I love that pokemon and almost never see it on teams D:

18. Chrosion

Chrosion #1 waifu

In my teams ther have been: Bibarel (Platinum), Simisage (Black), and Swoobat (Black). So yes, I like the unloved ones.

19. Cyrius

Cyrius Ice-Cold Charisma

Glaceon has been neglected do many times, and those who do not know of his great defenses suffer dearly! >:D

20. trident20

trident20 ground types

i think people dont really like alomomola