• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Manaphy was pretty generic looks-wise as far as Pokemon go. But then I don't watch the movies or anime so I don't know if it has any special significance in the narrative. But everyone's free to love whichever Pokemon they wish!

Popplio is pretty unloved at the moment. Plus for me anything in Gen 6 as I haven't had the chance to play yet, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to remember the newer Pokemon.

Some of my favorite Pokemon are some of the most unpopular Pokemon ever. That would include Lickitung, Lickilicky, Slugma, Magcargo, Dunsparce, Octillery, Chimecho, Druddigon, and tons more. They're just so.. cute.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I don't think Popplio deserves the hate it's getting. I think it's adorable and no one can convince me otherwise, even though it's not my favourite Alola starter. And for all we know, it could evolve into something that people like.

I like a lot of unpopular Pokémon too. But I tend to feel bad about it even though I have a right to voice my opinions, because the fanboys of popular Pokémon will always go around saying "Oh, why do like that Pokémon? You suck!" It really puts me off and makes me scared.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
One Pokémon I feel gets overlooked is Scolipede from Gen V. I think it's design looks really cool for a bug type. I also like it's stats particularly speed and attack. I also think it has a pretty diverse moveset.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Smeargle! he can learn pretty much any move...

I think the problem is that it's difficult to give him a good moveset if you're casual rather than competitive

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Trubbish and the Vanillite lines are both unfairly bashed and hated.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Not only are they unfairly bashed, but it honestly ruined the reputation of gen 5 as a whole. Two ****ing pokemon that aren't bad.

Yes, if They were in a different Gen, Gen 5 would receive less hate.

Not to mention most Gen 5 Pokémon are considered too complex. But how simple or complex a design is subjective, and other Gens had complex designs too. I don't mind complexity, because it can lead to creativity.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Not only are they unfairly bashed, but it honestly ruined the reputation of gen 5 as a whole. Two ****ing pokemon that aren't bad.

Is that still a thing though? I thought they were fairly loved by now, especially Vanilluxe.

Tyrantrum

Smeargle! he can learn pretty much any move...

Oh and Sneasel. I love Sneasel <3

Indeed, I think he gets a bad rap, but with time and patience you can give him a lot of different moves. Plus I heard he is good at giving egg moves to pokemon that would not otherwise know them.

The_Emboar_Dragon

Fighting/Dragon-type
My favorite Pokemon is one I feel doesn't get too much love. That is of course #306, Hoenn's very own Rock/Steel-type, Aggron! Sure, he may be fodder for all the Close Combats and Drain Punches out there, but something about it has always made me love it. Maybe it's cool and unique design, maybe it's awesome battle cry, maybe it's STAB Banded Recoil-less Head Smashes. (Thanks for using something like that, Paul!) Though, the irony is, I use my other favs, like Jolteon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Flygon a lot more. But, Aggron will always have a special place in my heart. And if there's ever an empty spot in a team for a Physical Attacker or Tank, I'll be sure to choose the Iron Armor Pokemon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Dragon type pokemon get unfairly treated back in gen 5 and under. Sure, some of them are OP but that is the whole point of Dragon pokemon.

Cradily17

Poor Zygarde was the only main legendary trio "leader" to not get its own game. Rayquaza was the star of Emerald, Giratina was the star of Platinum, and Kyurem was the star of Black 2/White 2, but it appears Zygarde is only getting its new forms in Sun/Moon and that's it. No game for you.

In light of the new Pokemon reveal, I say that Bruxish is already receiving more flak than it deserves. I love it! It's like a horrible mash-up of all the stupid plastic girly fairy princess garbage that saturates the girls' toys market, and I feel that this hideous fish is a commentary on that marketing trope.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Charjabug. People are bashing it's design everywhere and I'm sick of it.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
What about all the "baby" Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon to this date is Pichu where's the love

Status
Not open for further replies.