• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Alot of my favorite pokémon from gen 1 never received much love:
  • Ekans
  • Lickitung
  • Porygon

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
You know who's unloved? Dodrio. Seriously. I haven't seen one mention of this guy in, like ever. He's crazy awesome with that three-heads-that-try-to-kill-each-other thing he's got going on, as well as a decent niche in NU. I just wish he had gotten Drill Run from the move tutors(because come on, FORRETRESS gets Drill Run).

Also, I think alongside Farfetch'd he should get a Fighting/Flying evolution.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
You know who's unloved? Dodrio. Seriously. I haven't seen one mention of this guy in, like ever. He's crazy awesome with that three-heads-that-try-to-kill-each-other thing he's got going on, as well as a decent niche in NU. I just wish he had gotten Drill Run from the move tutors(because come on, FORRETRESS gets Drill Run).

You know, I agree with you.

Weezing. Does anyone even use that thing at all?

Coileach

What about persian? There's no love for that cool kitty :(

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Alot of my favorite pokémon from gen 1 never received much love:
  • Ekans
  • Lickitung
  • Porygon

Personally, I can't argue Ekans on that list, but I can for the other two. Lickitung in Red and Blue could only be obtained through a trade, and porygon through either 6,666 or 9,999 coins at the Game Corner; so not that many people went that far to get them.

As for Ekans though, I'm not sure on that. I remember personally using that pokemon a lot in the original Red as I loved it's and Arbok's spirtes, but that's just me.

PokeMasterCait

I feel Snubbull is way under-loved.He's actually one of my favorite pokemon of all time...as a girl I find it cute but my pokefriends find him ugly.. :( I love all pokemon :)

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I feel Snubbull is way under-loved.He's actually one of my favorite pokemon of all time...as a girl I find it cute but my pokefriends find him ugly.. :( I love all pokemon :)

You and I are going to get along well.

People seem to forget how important Snubbull is as a symbol to the franchise, given that it was one of the first second-gen Pokemon revealed, playing an integral role as the main antagonist of the first Pikachu Special and being the Johto saga's counterpart to Jigglypuff. It's a fairly rare Pokemon in the wild, it's an absolute beast in Little Cup, and not to mention the fact that it's one of the few Pokemon based on a domesticated canine, the only true "pet dog" Pokemon besides the Lillipup line.

It's small and adorable, adorned in pink of all things, but manages to pack a killer bite. Its quite frankly baffling Species and Pokedex Entries only serve to add to the "more than meets the eye" or "big things in small packages" factors that Snubbull portrays.

I would like to take this time to say that I, personally, own a Snubbull plushie that comes up to about 2.5 feet (or .75 meters) in height.

Worry not PokeMasterCait, for Snubbull is far from unloved.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!

Oh yes! Dodrio! I love it, but it's unloved by game freak. They should've really given it drill run to handle steel types. Taunt is one of Dodrios great assets, pity how rocks and steels give it trouble.

PokeMasterCait

I also feel Deerlings are unloved. They are ADORABLE! I absolutley adore them and Teddiursa..they are just as cute :3 I LOVE cute Pokemon! (and yes in my opinion a Pokemon can be cute but fierce/powerful!)

zozo

SLIMED!
You know, I agree with you.

Weezing. Does anyone even use that thing at all?

Actually, I'm in the process of breeding a good Weezing for myself to use in a mono Poison team. ^^ With some good Sp.Def training, I can see that thing being able to tank pretty much anything thrown at it, while spreading status and dealing decent damage of its own.
Plus, they have an awesome shiny form. That weird teal colour is really unique.

As for unloved Pokemon, I'm going to have to say Jynx. Pretty much whenever someone has a poll on "ugliest," "most hated" or "most disturbing/scary," Jynx usually appears quite high on the list. It is bizarre-looking, but I think it's kind of appealing. It's one of those Pokemon that has an understated mystery surrounding it, and personally I've always seen it as basically the only true zombie Pokemon in the game (though argument could be made for Frosslass, but I think it is less a corpse and more a spirit). Beyond that, it has some huge potential in-game, especially under rain. Great Sp.Atk, STAB Ice attacks, the ability to spread sleep, excellent coverage moves, and the ability to heal in rain (as well as mitigate its Fire type weakness) are all a pretty sweet deal for your average Pokemon. The only thing they lack, other than mass appeal, is proper defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.