• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
There are many unloved pokemon. Poor weak NU and RU pokemon... at least your good enough for in-game teams.

Strong pokemon get more love... even though they're really messed up in term of look, e.g. Garchomp, Heatran...
If the pokemon are weak but good looking, they also still can win some fans...
But if they're totally a pest like Unown, zubat... *sigh* I dont even recall theres a trainer in the game who uses Unown...

tcreel

Poison Fan
I for one think that Maractus should get more love. It has crazy high special attack for a cactus. My Maractus is actually one of my best pokemon on my current Black 2 file. Krookidile is another Pokemon that doesn't seem to get much love in my opinion. Just like my Maractus my Krookidile is another one my best Pokemon.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I was coming here to say Qwilfish, but I'm glad that someone beat me to it. Puffer love!

I tend to forget that Xatu exists. The only X Pokemon, other than the new guy Xerneas. I remember doing a Pokemon alphabet with my friend, seeing how many we could get, and we got to X and just sat there. Literally five or six hours later, I yell "XATU!" And he responds with "Oh yeah, that thing."

bro

Cool story bro
I have many friends who hate Dunsparce because it's crappy as a Pokemon, but personally I like it. Sure, it's not good in-game but I think it's design is cute... ;080;

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I have many friends who hate Dunsparce because it's crappy as a Pokemon, but personally I like it. Sure, it's not good in-game but I think it's design is cute... ;080;

I love Dunsparce; it's my third-favorite Pokémon, and it's actually pretty decent in battle. It makes for one hell of a paraflincher.

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I love Dunsparce; it's my third-favorite Pokémon, and it's actually pretty decent in battle. It makes for one hell of a paraflincher.

Dunsparce was amazing up through third gen. A great Pokemon though it may still be, Togekiss has, unfortunately, surpassed it in every way. Poor thing...

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Unloved Pokémon? Garbodor. I am probably one of the few that appreciate this Pokémon and realize its design isn't unoriginal in any way.

To be fair, a lot (if not all) inorganic Pokémon aren't really well appreciated, people seem to be more fond of dog/cat/dragon-based Pokémon (and that is perfectly fine and understandable).

Last edited:

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I was expecting someone mentioning luvdisc, because of its love concept. Ah, well, there goes a wasted irony moment.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
You hardly ever see aynone praising Koffing/Weezing and Grimer/Muk. I at least find them very cool looking and they have a really good design in my opinion.

Kokuei

I think my Ditto's feeling quite unloved. Sure, they can breed, but I've never found any love for them apart from that. And even then, it's hollow ;_;

Mye

Someone has to win..
For me it's Jynx that's not loved. He doesn't look that good and as his name implies... you know... he's a jynx! :)

Jynx is always female, so I can understand why male jynx's are underappreciated.

Watchog? - I seem to be the one of the rare few who love it. I keep reading so much bad stuff about him, yet in my Black2 game he is the team leader, and the one I give more attention too. It helped me out many times, gym leaders and even with Elite 4.

Similar with Patrat, early in the game, helped me out with the early gym leaders. Similar with Bidoof/Bibarel in the 4th gen.

I feel that Delcatty is very unloved. Granted it's not that great of a pokemon, I love the design and it's so adorable! I really wish Delcatty was used a bit more.

Jeppo

Flareon, I'd say. Especially as it's the least usable eeveelution, hardly anyone would consider it putting in their team. I love it's design however. It can still be very decent as mixed sweeper, though. Its shiny sprite is pretty amazing, too.

The Daylight Assassin

Come at me Bro
Huntail, Clampearl and Gorybyss dont get noticed anymore I see. There great pokemon. Worth your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.