• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunsparce needs love, but judging by this thread , i am not alone in my opinion. Also i think buizel/floatzel and grimer/muk are severly unloved. The elemental monkeys are unloved but with good reason.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Dunsparce needs love, but judging by this thread , i am not alone in my opinion. Also i think buizel/floatzel and grimer/muk are severly unloved. The elemental monkeys are unloved but with good reason.

Up until gen 4, dunsparce was my favorite normal type (primarily due to the paraflinching, but also because the species was classified as the "land snake pkmn", despite looking like the combination of a fat pidgeon and a power drill).

LadyLady

I love Paresect, I think people are freaked out by it though, I also love Miltank for some reason idk

Mye

Someone has to win..
I love Paresect, I think people are freaked out by it though, I also love Miltank for some reason idk

Parasect is technically 2 pkmn in one though (there's the shell-less crustle, and the parasitic fungus that took over control).

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I absolutely adore Emboar. I most definitely prefer it to Infernape, and maybe even Blaziken, too. Poor thing gets so much hate.

As for the Trubbish line, I think Trubbish is absolutely adorable. Garbodor ain't half-bad either.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Chiko family, and Hoppip, and Beartic family, and especcially... SURSKIT AND ITS EVO MASQUERAIN.

The only thing I ever hear about them is how stupid they are for not keeping Bug/Water typing the entire time.

Oh, and |Phione. People call it useless. How dare they! i think it's awesome.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Aren't most of the Bug-types unloved?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Aren't most of the Bug-types unloved?

Those gen Vs look at you, hatefully, unloving you.

But, yeah. Most of them really fit more cutesy though.

I mean, who can't find all early first stage bugs that aren't solo cute? I mean, look at Caterpie, Weedle, Venonat, Pineco, Weedle, SURSKIT SURSKIT SURSKIT, Burmy, Combee, Sewaddly, Venipede, and Larvesta and tell me they're not adorbsacuteablenessly.

monier1902

BÃ*i vi?t hay, vote !

-----------------------------------------

dÃ*o t?o môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n ch?ng ch? hÃ*nh ngh? b?t d?ng s?n dÃ*o t?o ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n h?c ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n dÃ*o t?o ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n h?c kinh doanh b?t d?ng s?n h?c ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n ch?ng ch? môi gi?i b?t d?ng s?n h?c kinh doanh b?t d?ng s?n dÃ*o t?o ch?ng ch? b?t d?ng s?n

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I really hate how Altaria doesn't get all the love she deserved. I mean, sure, D-nite and almost all dragon types really outclass her badly, but she can still be used, and cause some serious damage. You only need to use her wisely...

EDIT: Holy Christ! Those BOTs are running wild, man!

Last edited:

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
You hardly ever see aynone praising Koffing/Weezing and Grimer/Muk. I at least find them very cool looking and they have a really good design in my opinion.

FINALLY, somebody besides me who likes Muk. Let me tell you all, MUk was one of, if not the most useful members of my Ruby team. His movepool is amazing, he can run a decent special set and a devastating CB set, and i actually like its design believe it or not. I actually like a lot of Poison types including the Nidos, Vileplume, and even Toxicroak.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
FINALLY, somebody besides me who likes Muk. Let me tell you all, MUk was one of, if not the most useful members of my Ruby team. His movepool is amazing, he can run a decent special set and a devastating CB set, and i actually like its design believe it or not. I actually like a lot of Poison types including the Nidos, Vileplume, and even Toxicroak.
I doubt when they created Muk, they thought he coulde be "loved" by someone, haha!!

Nah, just kidding. But Muk's not really loved. I also noticed you mentioned the Nido's family here. Hell yeah, they have no love! I still love'em a lot. Nidoran (male) was the first thing i've a wasted Pokeball on. And the First pokemon whom I've raised to its last evolution. And they also have a nice movepool, too.

But well..that's todays metagame, i guess? I doubt you'll ever find someone using one of the Nido's or even a Muk.

Last edited:

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
I doubt when they created Muk, they thought he coulde be "loved" by someone, haha!!

Nah, just kidding. But Muk's not really loved. I also noticed you mentioned the Nido's family here. Hell yeah, they have no love! I still love'em a lot. Nidoran (male) was the first thing i've a wasted Pokeball on. And the First pokemon whom I've raised to its last evolution. And they also have a nice movepool, too.

But well..that's todays metagame, i guess? I doubt you'll ever find someone using one of the Nido's or even a Muk.

You'd be surprised. In the Ou viability ranking on Smogon, they're considering (Or have already) added NidoQueen to D-rank for its small niche IN CHECKING TERAKION. That is pretty amazing since A terakion CC is very powerful. Also, Nidoking is UU. Nidoking is also one of, if not my all-time favorite poison type and its definitely in my top 5 favorite Ground types. It's just a great pokemon. It was my MVP in my FireRed run.

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
I say Mothim, Masquirain, Flareon, Jolteon, Glaceon, Sewaddle, and Vanillite are very underloved as stated in previous posts.
Mothim - One of the greatest bug types out there in my opinion design wise, and has the most gorgeous shiny(Thank you Treasure my shiny Mothim you brain washed me). It has a good move pool for a bug type and can be a great sweeper if used right.
Masquirain - One underestimated bug who I think has an adorable design, not cool as in Mothim, but downright adorable! It has great eggmoves, fun to IV breed, and they're fun to play around with on playthroughs~
Flareon - Idk why, but flareon gets a lot of hate. It's a great choice scarfer, trick room sweeper, bulk, or just a mixed attacker in general! They learn good attacks, the only reason they are hated on is due to the lack of flare blitz! Who cares if they are missing one attack! Heatwave works better against most steel type walls anyway due to their bulk mainly in physical defense.
Jolteon - The eeveelution that looks the coolest as in a hot rod daddy Jolteon~ They are speedy, great special attack, and they can sweep a lot of Pokemon right off their heels or swap out with a quick volt switch! Great design, short tail(I love short tailed eeveelutions), and it's original in my opinion.
Glaceon - A beautiful sweeper that is great in VGC trick room hail teams, NU, and any other tier if used correctly. My first eeveelution was Glaceon back on Pearl version, my first Pokemon game. My Glaceon swept Cynthia's Garchomp with one blizzard even when it was 10+ levels below Garchomp. I lost that Glaceon(deleted the file forgot her in Pokemon Ranch..). I hope to get another Glaceon someday, or maybe even my shiny Eevee hunt will evolve into a shiny Glaceon hunt instead of shiny Sylveon hunt. Who knows.
Sewaddle - A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, ADORABLE! Cutest little baby buggy~ Fun to IV breed for the heck of it, great shiny(better than Leavanny's shiny), fun eggmoves like air slash, camoflage, etc, and a cool and cute pokemon in general.
Vanillite - Fun little ball of ice cream to breed with water pulse or automize! It's DW ability is fun to play with, and it's a original pokemon in my opinion.
Bug types in general have a lot of hate pressured on them as someone said in a previous post. I <3 bug types they are original, cute, cool, and unique!
Well there's my speech x3 turned out longer than I expected...

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Glaceon exists only to spam powerful Ice Beams. It has average defenses, low HP, low speed, and an absolutely terrible movepool consisting of Ice Beam and Shadow Ball. Glaceon would need Earth Power or Aura Sphere to become somewhat better. But right now, it has to rely on(lol) Hidden Power Ground to have a chance against steel-types. Glaceon sucks, pure and simple.

Also on page 3 in this thread there's a post about Huntail and Gorebyss. It's not true, they are both great SmashPassers and have Drizzle Politoed at their disposal.

Exploud and Seismitoad need more love.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Glaceon exists only to spam powerful Ice Beams. It has average defenses, low HP, low speed, and an absolutely terrible movepool consisting of Ice Beam and Shadow Ball. Glaceon would need Earth Power or Aura Sphere to become somewhat better. But right now, it has to rely on(lol) Hidden Power Ground to have a chance against steel-types. Glaceon sucks, pure and simple.

Also on page 3 in this thread there's a post about Huntail and Gorebyss. It's not true, they are both great SmashPassers and have Drizzle Politoed at their disposal.

Exploud and Seismitoad need more love.

Glaceon is unloved, you just proved. I love it.

And, I agree on Exploud, I love that thing, though as Whismur, it was so Cutesy, I HAD to get it on my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.