• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

APR118

Pokemon Y trainer
Hmmm... Aipom I think... I love that Monkey yet he is outclassed by other pokemons

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hmmm... Aipom I think... I love that Monkey yet he is outclassed by other pokemons

Which doesn't actually means he's not loved. I personally love Serperior, Aggron and Altaria; yet, all of them are outclassed by several pokemons.

Shiny Budew

Anyone love Furret? It's definitely not the strongest Pokemon, and I wish Frisk was one of its regular abilities instead of being its HA, but I find ferrets to be so adorable and shiny Furret is pretty nice looking.

SURSKITS

Water Trainer
So many of my favorites are overlooked, like, Surskit, Luvdisc, Corsola, Wingull, Mantyke, Finneon.. Basically a whole lot of water types.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I wish weezing and muk would get more love :( Game Freak screwed muk again with a terrible move set. Its best stat is attack but it only learns 3 attack moves through leveling up compared to the 7 SpA moves it can learn. Why does Game Freak do this? I hate when they play favorites because it screws everyone else whose favorite pokemon aren't blaziken, scizor, and garchomp.

It's true. Abomasnow, Scizor, Garchomp, Gengar, Zam, and jeez Blaziken! Did we REALLY need MEvos for these?! Not to mention half of those will never use their MEvos due to either lack of Leftovers, lack of Life Orb, or both! But I wouldn't go so far to say that Muk's getting screwed. It resists five types, absorbs Toxic Spikes, utilizes Black Sludge well, and now hits the new kid Fairy-type harder than nearly any other Poison-type not named Crogoank. Physically at least. It's also got loads of HP and Spec. Def to laugh at Moonblasts.

Weezing is even tankier than before with more resists, the Ground immunity, lowered coverage base powers (i.e. Fire Blast, etc.) and Psychic-types a rather rare occurrence outside of the aforementioned Zam, waning Jirachi usage, and Espeon, or the NU environment. It gets Haze, Clear Smog, and several other neat tools to be a total punk with. Yes, both need either MEvos or evos to keep up in OU, but they still can hold their ground in their respective tiers, quite well. I will say that Troll Freak totally trolled Poison-types during the MEvo game planning. Gengar is not enough, especially considering how many Fire and Steel ones we got.

In Little Cup, Aipom was fairly awesome. But Team Preview and Eviolite dismantled it's best uses; Fake Out Leads.

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
Magikarp is unloved. People just drop him of at the daycare and then give it a rare candy or give it an EXP share to evolve. I feel like the only reason Magikarp exists is because it evolves into Gyarados.

Shiny Budew

Magikarp is unloved. People just drop him of at the daycare and then give it a rare candy or give it an EXP share to evolve. I feel like the only reason Magikarp exists is because it evolves into Gyarados.
I think this is true. In a Platinum Nuzlocke, one of the Pokemon I got was Magikarp. I have this thing about not using EXP share, so I had to have it at the front of the party, immediately switch it out, and let it get EXP that way. I think he was level 5 at capture; I just remember it being SO painful getting him to level 20.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Anyone love Furret? It's definitely not the strongest Pokemon, and I wish Frisk was one of its regular abilities instead of being its HA, but I find ferrets to be so adorable and shiny Furret is pretty nice looking.

Furret is pretty cute, yeah, I like it. Though, I hate its voice in the anime, lol.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I tend to use Raichu a lot, sometimes even competitively. Raichu's new Lightningrod ability last generation and the additional stats this generation makes it more viable, but it is indeed still outclassed, especially by Jolteon.

Still, a fast Grassknot user and Nasty Plot gives it some potential.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
It's actually pretty good with an Air Balloon.

We need an up-vote system for Serebii.net. I would give you like, six and a half.

(make sure it knows Magnet Rise and have a partner use Telekinesis on it ;) )

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I tend to use Raichu a lot, sometimes even competitively. Raichu's new Lightningrod ability last generation and the additional stats this generation makes it more viable, but it is indeed still outclassed, especially by Jolteon.

Still, a fast Grassknot user and Nasty Plot gives it some potential.

Too bad he can barely take a hit or two. But not many pokemon can take a hit or two, anyways, and besides, it has that speed to compensate. I always try to use one, though, at least in-game.

Last edited:

Icychalk

I feel like venusaur is unloved because of the other kanto starters

I actually see a lot of Let's Players choose Bulbasaur for that reason. In my opinion Bulbasaur is my favorite of the Kanto starters and I've kinda been neglecting Charizard and Blastoise by using Venusaur so many times.

TheShinyMedicham

Grass Trainer
We need an up-vote system for Serebii.net. I would give you like, six and a half.

(make sure it knows Magnet Rise and have a partner use Telekinesis on it ;) )

By this point it'd be a mile high in the air and every move would miss let alone Ground-types.

Spinda and Hitmontop need more love IMO. Hitmontop has epic dance moves been forgotten and pretty much everyone I've seen prefer the other two.
Sure, Spinda was sort of a gimmick but that doesn't make it any less awesome. I used to go on Pokemon Showdown and sweep teams with a single Contrary Spinda. Hoenn Confirmed

Save the spinning, dancing Pokemon!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Nah, it only exists to force you to restart your game in exchange for a German Magikarp.

Anyway, Surksit is unloved, I barely see anybody like it, and other than me, there's only one other person I've seen with a Surskit Avvie.

Whiscash

Professional catfish
So yeah, Whiscash needs more love...

Thank you, darling <3 (lol sorry but obviously I agree! My baby is wayyy overlooked. Barboach too, but that's what I'm here for~ I'm not really into competitive battling so idk about that, but someone EV trained me one that was quite a beast a while back. More importantly, they're adorable.)

With so many Pokemon now it's probably inevitable that some are going to be overlooked...but I think it's the middle evolutions that are most frequently. Not big enough for battling and not cute enough for looks! My fave middle evolution is Weepinbell, idek why but I've just always loved it. Gloom too.

ATM, my sympathies lie with Ditto - everyone uses it for breeding but I never see anyone say actually like it, you know? My friend calls it the sex slave Pokemon :x lol shame, it's an adorable little gooball. *pets*

@Dirkac: Aw, I love Surskit! Such a cutie :3

Sohryu

Be a Man!
ATM, my sympathies lie with Ditto - everyone uses it for breeding but I never see anyone say actually like it, you know? My friend calls it the sex slave Pokemon :x lol shame, it's an adorable little gooball. *pets*

Ah! I used a Ditto because of Imposter. I really like how it can break a opponent that's relying too much into stats increasing moves, such as DD Dragonite or Moxie 'Mence. But I agree it's quite unloved.
"I told her I could be anything she wanted. She told me she loved me just the I am"
Isn't Ditto loved? <3

TheShinyMedicham

Grass Trainer
Ah! I used a Ditto because of Imposter. I really like how it can break a opponent that's relying too much into stats increasing moves, such as DD Dragonite or Moxie 'Mence. But I agree it's quite unloved.
"I told her I could be anything she wanted. She told me she loved me just the I am"
Isn't Ditto loved? <3

"Ditto, I love you for who you are! Now let's go do a Pokemon battle!

Go, Ditto! Now use... uh..."

Blackkyurem

Ditto. People are like, I don't want this blob of jell-o on my team. In my next runthrough of Soulsilver (Migt do a BQ or not) I will have a shiny/normal ditto on my team.
It is basically a Mew, but doesn't look like it. Stop Hatin the ditto's.
Lvl. 100 Emboar v.s. Lvl. 100 Ditto
Ditto uses transform!
Emboar uses *Whatever*
Ditto uses *Move weak to fire*
*Emboar half fainted*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.