• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto. People are like, I don't want this blob of jell-o on my team. In my next runthrough of Soulsilver (Migt do a BQ or not) I will have a shiny/normal ditto on my team.
It is basically a Mew, but doesn't look like it. Stop Hatin the ditto's.
Lvl. 100 Emboar v.s. Lvl. 100 Ditto
Ditto uses transform!
Emboar uses *Whatever*
Ditto uses *Move weak to fire*
*Emboar half fainted*

Ditto is actually fairly wide-spread in competitive battling due to its ability to screw with every mega form and set-up sweeper there is. I love using the thing.

So, what about Dewgong? That thing is just so adorable but the most exposure it ever got was being OHKOd on Lorelei's team.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Ditto. People are like, I don't want this blob of jell-o on my team. In my next runthrough of Soulsilver (Migt do a BQ or not) I will have a shiny/normal ditto on my team.
It is basically a Mew, but doesn't look like it. Stop Hatin the ditto's.
Lvl. 100 Emboar v.s. Lvl. 100 Ditto
Ditto uses transform!
Emboar uses *Whatever*
Ditto uses *Move weak to fire*
*Emboar half fainted*

Not to mention that Ditto's HA is Imposter, making it an invulnerable monster. Especially when it holds Quick Powder, making it nearly impossible to defeat.

Not to mention that Ditto's HA is Imposter, making it an invulnerable monster. Especially when it holds Quick Powder, making it nearly impossible to defeat.

Quick Powder's boost doesn't transfer to the Transformed Ditto. As such, the only viable item for Ditto is Choice Scarf, so that it will outspeed and revenge the set-up sweeper or whatever.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Ditto is actually fairly wide-spread in competitive battling due to its ability to screw with every mega form and set-up sweeper there is. I love using the thing.

So, what about Dewgong? That thing is just so adorable but the most exposure it ever got was being OHKOd on Lorelei's team.

I used to love Dewgong back then when it was one of my all time favorites. But each generation came and I found other Ice type Pokémon like Froslass and Vanilluxe more interesting. That said it still holds a spot as one of my favorite Water types.

Also everyone should respect me as I'm the only Poison/Dragon in the Pokémon World and will toxicate you if you choose to resist hehe.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Everyone loves Crobat. I in fact like Zubat just because of Crobat. If you hate it so much, just spray a Repel.

I always wondered how can someone like this thing. Really, I wanted to stab myself with a knife whenever one would appear in front of me. But oh well, since I discovered repels, I was saved! I don't hate him anymore.

don't hate, love... Hippie pokemon trainer

I always wondered how can someone like this thing. Really, I wanted to stab myself with a knife whenever one would appear in front of me. But oh well, since I discovered repels, I was saved! I don't hate him anymore.

don't hate, love... Hippie pokemon trainer

Crobat is actually a pretty good Pokemon in-game if you're willing to deal with the massive volumes of them. I just catch one and then spray Repels so I don't encounter any more.

H3rmaeus_Mora

Parasect is one of my favorite pokemon. I used it on my team for a bunch of playthroughs on HGSS. I didn't EV train my Parasect in BW, but it managed to take down a few competitive teams. My guess is that they never saw the pokemon or couldn't remember its type. I also love Muk, Pelipper, Walrein (goodbye Stallrein D:), and Wurmple; all of them were on my first team in Sapphire. Heck, Wurmple is the first pokemon I even caught.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Zubat. Everyone hates it due to caves. :(

I love it, but that probably has to do with the fact thatI literally didn't find any Zubat or Golbat in the Wild since Emerald.
I had to trade for a Zubat to finish the Dex on B2.
Seriously, I don't see how people keep finding those things.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I love it, but that probably has to do with the fact thatI literally didn't find any Zubat or Golbat in the Wild since Emerald.
I had to trade for a Zubat to finish the Dex on B2.
Seriously, I don't see how people keep finding those things.

Which games have you played after Emerald? I've found plenty of them in my Pearl game and much more in my Gold and Yellow game. Though some are accompanied by Geodudes, which are at the same level of annoyance as him.

I've did not found many (if any, I really don't remember) in gen V, though.

Milotic is my favourite, and it often gets shafted in favour of Vaporeon and Suicune. I like those two as well, but as a Milotic-fan like me, it's never nice to see my favourite Pokemon being outclassed... I still think Milotic is perfectly usuable, a Special Wall one (Calm, 252 HP, 4 SAtk, 252 SDef) with Surf, Ice Beam, Recover and Mirror Coat always did nicely for me.

Altaria is a Pokemon I like a lot, and of course it gets overlooked in favour of stronger Dragons. But it's still usuable in-game or in lower tiers, when using Dragon Dance or when using it defensively. I prefer Dragon Dance, I enjoy attacking and don't play competitive anymore.

I like Butterfree a lot, also not very popular. I never really use it in the games, this Pokemon mainly has emotional value to me thanks to the anime.

Lapras is overlooked in the games, but I do think it has a nice share of fans, I like it a lot. I also like using it in the games, but I suppose it wouldn't do well competitively.

Bayleef is one of my favourites, I wish it would have more fans. Meganium also deserves more fans, it's just so cute!

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I personally think any starter not named Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Blaziken and Greninja are unloved. But that's just me.

Navarch

The Pixie Trio (Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie) need more love, especially Uxie. Uxie is a great wall that can set up Light Screen and Reflect with ease. It can then U-Turn out into another Pokemon, too. Not to mention it could get Move Tutored Stealth Rock in Gen V.

fuuma

I like electivire because of his good coverage but he usually gets overlooked because of his "subpar" speed. He probably works well in a water team where he can get his motor running. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.