• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Don't see many people using the Shiftry line. Maybe because Seedot isn't really easy to find in R/S/E?
Well I know he only appears in a specific game, just not sure which one.

The game is Pokémon Ruby.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Any starter that is not named Charizard, Greninja and Blaziken

This. Added one in bold.

I really don't like how these three get so much favouritism compared to the other starters of their generation.

Magmortar is superior to all fire-starters because its 125 special attack is higher than any stat of a starter Pokémon.

Going to have to disagree with you here.

While it is true that it does have higher special attack than all of them, 4 of them have something Magmortar doesn't, speed. Magmortar most of the time has to take a hit before it can do anything and it is also on the frail side. I think a better argument is (as overrated as I think it is) Talonflame is better than all Fire starters.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Going to have to disagree with you here.

While it is true that it does have higher special attack than all of them, 4 of them have something Magmortar doesn't, speed. Magmortar most of the time has to take a hit before it can do anything and it is also on the frail side. I think a better argument is (as overrated as I think it is) Talonflame is better than all Fire starters.

You might be right about that, but I will never acknowledge that Magmortar is a bad Pokémon. I love it and that's never gonna change.

Though I am willing to admit, you are right that many Pokémon outspeed it.

But keep in mind that a lot of Pokémon have lower speed stat than it does as well.

Also, speed isn't everything. Personally I think being able to cause more damage is also better in some ways.

Last edited:

Mudcat

Any starter that is not named Charizard or Greninja

Or any starter (outside of Yellow's Pikachu) that isn't Fire or Water. Plant starters seem to always get the sort end of the stick.

Rio!

Composer
Don't see many people using the Shiftry line. Maybe because Seedot isn't really easy to find in R/S/E?
Well I know he only appears in a specific game, just not sure which one.

I used to use a Sucker Punch, Chlorophyll Shiftry up until 6th Gen. Still not a fan of Nature Power's attack change (used to be Earthquake via wi-fi).

I don't see people using poor Torterra much at all, even on Trick Room teams. :c
Mismagius is another great one you rarely see around either. GREAT supporter.

Last edited:

Mudcat

That just goes to show that Gamefreak really isn't good at balancing.

I'm a fan of Normal-types in general, particularly Wigglytuff! I know for sure that it didn't get that much love in past games.
Maybe it does now, with the Fairy-typing? I'm not all that up to speed with that aspect, but I do have one on my team!

JenaAndFokkusu

Ima Leafeon
Reeuniclus and Gothitelle seem unloved, along with Quillidan and Purugly. Im one of those people who love every pokemon and doesn't give a crap if it'll eat me or not, or kill me by accidently stabbing me with their blades when i try and hug them. (Im talking about chu, Bisharp.)

I'm going to have to say Honchkrow now. It may not be too great on its own due to its low speed (it's certainly no Donphan), but when coupled with a Speed Boost, Baton Passing Scolipede, it is turned from okay to a complete monstrosity. Not only that, but its high HP stat makes it more resilient than most sweepers and gives it an ample opportunity to Roost.

The Mustache

Stoutland... dear stoutland can sweep with sand rush and focus band using last resort for example... (it is not that good but it is my fav pokemon and it serves as a support pokemon as well) :D

Audino. It seems like Game Freak only created it so we can level up faster. I actively seek out the Furisode Girls in the Battle Chateau just for that reason :(

Tangeh

Audino. It seems like Game Freak only created it so we can level up faster. I actively seek out the Furisode Girls in the Battle Chateau just for that reason :(

Bless the Furisode girls. xD

When I first discovered the pokemon in my friend safari, I was worried that nobody would want to exchange with me because I have garbodor, LOL. It's literally and figuratively a pile of trash, hehehe. ;)

A lot of the single stage pokemon are unloved. There are lots of exceptions especially with a couple getting mega-evolutions, but take farfetch'd, girafarig, dunsparce, corsola, luvdisc, volbeat/ illumise, stunfisk, all of the pika-clones...

T5000X

Indivijul
Unown has gotta be up there for most unloved, it's not aesthetically pleasing, it's not useful, it isn't relevant to the plot of any games, it isn't rare. It's like Pokédex spam, really.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Magikarp...I feel bad wonder trading them even if they have high Ivs, beneficial nature and even their hidden ability for some of them...and I know Gyarados is cool and powerful but I don't know how people feel when they receive its pre-evolution at level 1...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Magikarp...I feel bad wonder trading them even if they have high Ivs, beneficial nature and even their hidden ability for some of them...and I know Gyarados is cool and powerful but I don't know how people feel when they receive its pre-evolution at level 1...

This is the internet...where the land that loves mudkipz, and magikarps, they get more love than what you think

It has to be Probopass, just look at the fugly monstrosity. Worst Poke ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.