• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
I think Florges is unloved. She has very high Special Defense, and her design is beautiful.

Florge unloved?! Really?! I always thought it was a staple UU special wall....I mean I use a white one named Antoinette that I specifically bred and I love her!!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I just didn't see any love for Florges, that's all.

I remember alot of people used Florges in early 6th gen because it was a bit more defensive than Sylveon...until they realize Sylveon had Hyper Voice (i think because its an eeveelution is another reason why people add it.

Flareon is a good candidate for unloved pokemon as well.. I don't like Flareon much, but Flareon finally ended up getting Flare Blitz for its high attack stat. May not have the best HP and speed but it could still do some damage

irv

Master-in-Training
Mr. Mime scared the doodie out of me as a kid. However, I find his animations hilarious in Gen 6, and am in the process of getting a good one for competitive use!

KillerDraco

I remember alot of people used Florges in early 6th gen because it was a bit more defensive than Sylveon...until they realize Sylveon had Hyper Voice (i think because its an eeveelution is another reason why people add it.

Actually Pixilate Hyper Voice is only part of the reason. The other part is Sylveon's higher HP, which means bigger Wishes, better physical bulk, and comparable special bulk (despite Florges' higher special defense, Sylveon is only slightly less specially bulky).

That said, although it may not be overwhelmingly popular across the board, Florges has been VERY popular in UU (top 3 in usage for the past few months), although we'll see how that changes with the tier shifts. So it gets a decent amount of love.

Wanna talk about an unpopular Fairy type? Let's talk Swirlix and Slurpluff. They got a lot of the same bashing that the Vanillite line did. Just replace "Ice cream" with "cotton candy", and you'll see the same arguments.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Wanna talk about an unpopular Fairy type? Let's talk Swirlix and Slurpluff. They got a lot of the same bashing that the Vanillite line did. Just replace "Ice cream" with "cotton candy", and you'll see the same arguments.

This may be a bit weird, but the last few battles I had I started seeing slurpuff and I've always been wanting to use one myself (thanks Verlis) but never had the chance to breed/use one. However, I do hate it when people come up with BS excuses to hate a pokemon. I would do a whole rant on that, but that would be off topic

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
What about Keldeo? There's a lot of people who hate Keldeo either because it's ugly or they hate My Little Pony. Though there's still some people who like Keldeo. I think Keldeo is cool and has some sweet moves such as Secret Sword. By the way Keldeo encouraged me to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Though I wouldn't say it's unloved, it is underrated.

Beautifly
Dustox
Walrein
Giratina
Eelektross
Klefki

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but Shiftry. I feel it rarely gets talked about.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Keldeo is anything but unloved. It's been OU since it's promo. I don't know about aesthetics, but competitive play wise it's a beast, and one of the few fighters still making it. Swirlix is also not bad in the NFE arena. Slurpuff did draw the short stick.

Maybe if they gave it another physical move to use with the Belly Drum Unburden Combo. Also, it's design is just... I hate to throw Vanilluxe in there... but the two share an awful lot in common. With those wicked teeth, and Dark's coveted pairing along with Fairy, both Bite and Crunch would serve Slurpuff VERY well. It would also give it a free slot in it's 4MSS set to maximize coverage.

joe_alker

Beautifly
Dustox
Walrein
Giratina
Eelektross
Klefki

Bug types in general don't get much love (maybe because of the poor moves available) Giratina was just epic, especially in Origin form.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but Shiftry. I feel it rarely gets talked about.

I agree - it is one of the coolest looking Dark types (and that is saying something, since pre 6th Gen most Dark types are amazing) along with Sableye (which is probably also underrated), Spiritomb and Darkrai.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I've never seen any Manectric lovers other than myself. Manectric is like my signature Pokemon and I feel like it doesn't get nearly as much attention as other Pokemon like it.

Personally, I love Manectric. The stat boost with its Mega-Evo is pretty good, and it's overall design is just really appealing to me somehow. I don't really know too many people who use it, though. I feel the same way about Chinchou, Dugtrio, and Smeargle.

Atomic Rexx

Don't Care
Why would you use Smeargle? It SHOULD be brilliant but it has no power whatsoever. I have a Smeargle with Judgement on SS and it does nothing - despite getting STAB from it. If they up its stats massively so it can do some damage I will use it.
The amount of people that use Smeargle leads is extremely high, despite how easily they can be countered with a Magic Bounce user or Taunter. Smeargle can learn literally every move in the game, so slapping a Focus Sash on it and giving it Spore and then setting up layers of entry hazards is a very popular strategy.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Why would you use Smeargle? It SHOULD be brilliant but it has no power whatsoever. I have a Smeargle with Judgement on SS and it does nothing - despite getting STAB from it. If they up its stats massively so it can do some damage I will use it.

But just think of how overpowered it would be if it had high attack or special attack stat.

There is a good reason it has poor stats. Otherwise that Pokémon would be beyond unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.