• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MentalDaemon

Dusknoir is one of my favorite Pokemon by design. I don't use it as it is just plain terrible. It's so slow and doesn't have any great STAB moves. It's speed could be great on Trick Room teams though. And it isn't as great defensively as it seems either due to its feeble 45 HP.

An Adamant Choice Band set seems ok but it's outclassed.

Ketaru

How come nobody loves Carbink?

I love Carbink! It's so cute, and has bomb-*** defenses! And it's a Fairy! :D

I like Carbink. Wish it had more "Got ya!" appeal than just Stealth Rock though.

I kind of wish more can be done with Kecleon. If it had more priority moves besides Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch, seems like it would be a very interesting, unpredictable defensive Protean Pokemon.

Bragatyr

I think a lot of the second-stage starter Pokémon evolutions go by unloved. Wartortle, Croconaw, Grotle, Pignite, Quilladin, etc don't get much love.
I love Ivysaur, Quilava, Bayleef and Grovyle though (sometimes more than their fully evolved forms)! :)

That is so true. Some of the designs on the second-stage Pokemon are really good, but the Pokemon themselves go unnoticed, especially competitively. I always wished they would do something unique with them, like give them exclusive abilities or unique stats that make them worthwhile compared to their final forms.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, for real. What's with all the hate against Jynx?

She is a lovely pokemon with a kickass history. I know a lot of you may think she's a caricature of African Americans, but she isn't (I should know). She's actually based on the mountain demon Yama-uba, from Japanese mythology. Jynx's appearance comes directly from Yama-uba's mountain woman incarnation, where she has a torn red kimono, piercing white-blonde hair, and black skin said to have been caused from living in the cold for so long. A lot of Jynx's moves are inspired from tales of Yama-uba.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Okay, for real. What's with all the hate against Jynx?

She is a lovely pokemon with a kickass history. I know a lot of you may think she's a caricature of African Americans, but she isn't (I should know). She's actually based on the mountain demon Yama-uba, from Japanese mythology. Jynx's appearance comes directly from Yama-uba's mountain woman incarnation, where she has a torn red kimono, piercing white-blonde hair, and black skin said to have been caused from living in the cold for so long. A lot of Jynx's moves are inspired from tales of Yama-uba.

To me the only justification to call something "racist" is if there is clear proof for the racism.

Just because something is a stereotype doesn't justify it in my opinion. There needs to be more proof than that. There needs to be CLEAR indication that something's wrong with people of certain races. Without that, I think it's stupid to use the race card.

I really love Masquerain with Quiver Dance. It is generally outclassed by others such as Venomoth and Liligant, and it doesn't get sleep powder either :/ (But it has better special defense......)

But nevertheless, I really love it's design and I think Intimidate is a cool and useful ability.

Creyk

I really love Masquerain with Quiver Dance. It is generally outclassed by others such as Venomoth and Liligant, and it doesn't get sleep powder either :/ (But it has better special defense......)

But nevertheless, I really love it's design and I think Intimidate is a cool and useful ability.

I was so surprised when I saw it's base speed is only 60. It's super slow! However it gets spider web which most people don't know so it can work that niche very well, while if you want to set it up with Galvantula everybody predicts it and does his best to prevent you

-Raiga-

Carnivine comes to mind. Though I would say its lack of love is not unwarranted.

During its debut game it was about as random/obscure of a pokemon entry as you could get. It showed up in the marsh only, and if you didn't see it on you're like one trip there(because lets face it getting stuck in mud every 5 seconds isn't exactly enthralling), chances are you didn't know it existed until you saw a trainer with it. In addtion, it's simply pointless. It's a pure grass type, has no evolution/pre-evolution, or any kind of gimmick in battle or othewise. It's just...there.

That aside, it has an awesome design! It has creepy tentacles and jaw that could rip your arm off, but yet the expression of a 6 years old shopping around for his first puppy. Just perfect.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Carnivine comes to mind. Though I would say its lack of love is not unwarranted.

During its debut game it was about as random/obscure of a pokemon entry as you could get. It showed up in the marsh only, and if you didn't see it on you're like one trip there(because lets face it getting stuck in mud every 5 seconds isn't exactly enthralling), chances are you didn't know it existed until you saw a trainer with it. In addtion, it's simply pointless. It's a pure grass type, has no evolution/pre-evolution, or any kind of gimmick in battle or othewise. It's just...there.

That aside, it has an awesome design! It has creepy tentacles and jaw that could rip your arm off, but yet the expression of a 6 years old shopping around for his first puppy. Just perfect.

Yeah it's a shame so few people think about it.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Sudowoodo.

Fun design but outclassed by other Rock-types and physical pokemon in general.

I don't know much about its usability, but I love Sudowoodo. When I saw one standing still, posing as a tree, amongst a horde of Trevenant, I laughed harder than I had in a long time.

Creyk

I actually always loved Carnivine, it's goofy appearance is adorable.
I wanted to use it as my grass type in Pearl but I chose Turtwig as my starter so it didn't happen in the end

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hey, ever heard of Poliwrath? Me neither!

Seriously though, politoad takes all of its fame when it doesnt have much to begin with...

Cradily17

Druddigon definitely wins the award for most unloved fully-evolved Dragon-type. I think its shiny form looks really cool, but it's so unpopular compared to other dragons like Garchomp, Dragonite, Mega Charizard X, etc. Forget about Mega Flygon. I want Mega Druddigon!

Prakhar

^ Actually Politoed has fallen somewhat into obscurity due to the Drizzle ban. Poliwrath is still a defining Pokemon down in "PU".

Oh, i haven't seen the clauses for so long.

Another one that comes to mind is.......Magcargo (or macargo?), bad typing and middling stats make it unloved

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
Durant and Heatmor seem to have been largely forgotten in terms of Gen V pokemon. Heatmor shows a lot of promise as well - a mega evolution or second stage would do wonders.
Additionally, a couple of days ago my friend used a Barbaracle against me. Only time in a competitive battle have I seen one used - why is it so unpopular?

Prakhar

Durant and Heatmor seem to have been largely forgotten in terms of Gen V pokemon. Heatmor shows a lot of promise as well - a mega evolution or second stage would do wonders.
Additionally, a couple of days ago my friend used a Barbaracle against me. Only time in a competitive battle have I seen one used - why is it so unpopular?

Durant sees play in the battle maison battle chatelaines because of entertainment truant. Heatmor, dunno...

Barbaracle is used a bit, and is really good as a shell smasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.