• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Oh, don't get me wrong, Maractus has an amazing design. Its competitive value and overall memorability, though, are a bit... abysmal.

It actually still gets decent movepool, comparing to a Caterpie is too farfetched. It's one of the few grass types that can learn Drain Punch. It has a good mixed movepool like Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Wood Hammer, Seed Bomb, Hyper Voice, Grasswhistle, Bounce, Sucker Punch, Petal Dance, Growth, Hidden Power and Knock Off. And of course, the rare and rare Spikes. I'm not listing stuff like Peck or Pin Missle, those are just bad. I think running a Mixed Set in the sun with growth, sunny day, giga drain and drain punch might work. Or forego sunny day for a Ninetales and try something ike Sucker Punch in its place.

I think pink blobs are pretty forgettable. Barring Clefable with its extensive movepool and ChanBliss... The rest are just forgettable. Well, there's jiggle puff.

Antronach

It doesn't seem like Ledian is remembered. Of course a bizarre stat spread, lopsided movepool and counterintuitive abilities don't help, but it looks like a mix between a superhero and an alien. I always thought it was cool. I tried using him on my XD file... :<

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Linoone is quite a flop if you ask me...

Livingtime

Corsola and Delibird. How could anyone possibly forget these two... okay so they're not the greatest... but in 15 pages, not one mention? Poor guys, these two happened to be part of my main party in G/S/C when I was about 7 :D

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Anyone who has read NGamer knows that they have a lot of Shuckle hate... And Bidoof hate...

Bidoof hate I always thought was intentionally tongue-in-cheek. It's the generation rat, so of course it's not going to be strong, but it's also absolutely adorable in a stupid sort of way. I'd call Bidoof my second favorite generation rat, just behind Sentret.

As for Shuckle, I don't see how anyone can hate it. It's not an amazing 'mon, but it's very unique in its stat distribution, and it's adorable as all hell.

On-topic, some more Pokemon I've recently run into that made me go "Oh yeah, you exist."

- Castform
- Roserade
- Elgyem
- Bouffalant

Hikatoshi26

Bidoof hate I always thought was intentionally tongue-in-cheek. It's the generation rat, so of course it's not going to be strong, but it's also absolutely adorable in a stupid sort of way. I'd call Bidoof my second favorite generation rat, just behind Sentret.

As for Shuckle, I don't see how anyone can hate it. It's not an amazing 'mon, but it's very unique in its stat distribution, and it's adorable as all hell.

On-topic, some more Pokemon I've recently run into that made me go "Oh yeah, you exist."

- Castform
- Roserade
- Elgyem
- Bouffalant

Roserade is decent depending how you raise it. It has good speed and good Sp. Attk I used it in DP.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I haven't seen Arbok much these days.

WhiteSand

Cant handle my swag.
I think that Porygon is pretty unloved, would be great to see it have a good role in some episode in the series. Wouldn't have to have the flashing stuff.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova

Yeah, N Gamer was strange...

Enjolras

Master of the House
Corsola and Delibird. How could anyone possibly forget these two... okay so they're not the greatest... but in 15 pages, not one mention? Poor guys, these two happened to be part of my main party in G/S/C when I was about 7 :D

I actually mentioned Corsola...

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
Dunsparce <3

Despite it's appearance and overall crappiness on paper, it surprisingly has worked wonders for me so far in BW2 (against Roxie, Burgh and Elisa it swept nearly all of them). I will always maintain that Dunsparce is an underrated pokemon even if it gets rendered useless once it gets paralysed.

I always feel like Dunsparce certainly doesn't stand out on paper with stats, yet isn't weak enough to be famed as one of the worst, most useless pokemon ever (with the likes of Delcatty, Far-fetch'd, Kricketune etc), which is why it doesn't get attention. Yet, there's something charming about this overlooked, underwhelming, floating snake thing that I can't quite put my finger on.

Almost cries out for an evolution though

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I actually really like Linoone XD It has a special little place for me in pokemon

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Lately, I haven't seen tropius. Not sure if it is hated or underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.