• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikings

Oracle
Nobody seems to care for Typlosion, Meganium, and Feraligatr anymore.

That's because Gen 2 easily had the worst set of starters out of all the generations.

At least in my opinion. Gen 3 definitely had the most solid all around.

I personally think any starter not named Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Blaziken and Greninja are unloved. But that's just me.

Infernape and Sceptile are loved. Two of my favorite, but they both get a lot of attention being starters. Infernape for being a viable competitive choice, and Sceptile for being a kick grass asś type, er, other way around. As well as being a solid Pokemon in the anime.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Infernape and Sceptile are loved. Two of my favorite, but they both get a lot of attention being starters. Infernape for being a viable competitive choice, and Sceptile for being a kick grass asś type, er, other way around. As well as being a solid Pokemon in the anime.

While I do agree starters always get a lot of attention (evolved or not) regardless of their popularity, most still get bashed on. Also, while I'm aware Infernape sees use in competitive (and I don't even play competitive) I haven't seen love for it otherwise outside the anime. I wasn't too sure about Sceptile but now I've realised that popularity can come from the anime.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
I hope Dragalge doesn't end up being unloved. It's a Poison Dragon and it looks soooo cool! Since it's part Poison Type, Fairy types won't super effect it!

Stunfish lol.

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
I like electivire because of his good coverage but he usually gets overlooked because of his "subpar" speed. He probably works well in a water team where he can get his motor running. :)
In Gen 4+earlier 5 it was everywhere though. I was honestly sick of seeing it, that's how common it was in OU.

Gorebyss! I only recently discovered the viability of this Pokemon. I liked its design in Gen 3 but pretty much overlooked it for any other Water type out there. Now in Gen 6 Wifi 3v3 Taunt users are pretty scarce, so I'm free to SmashPass to whoever I want. I have a video of it sweeping all on its own (it does have 1 attacking move to prevent it from ever being total Tauntbait anyway.)

Gorebyss has just really grown on me ;__; Its Pokedex descriptions are chilling too.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I hope Dragalge doesn't end up being unloved. It's a Poison Dragon and it looks soooo cool! Since it's part Poison Type, Fairy types won't super effect it!

I'm with you, man! I really like him! Specially its typing, Poison/Dragon.
And I hope Slurpuff don't go unloved too.

Exeggute, Exeggutor, Castform.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I feel like some starters don't really go unloved, but you don't really see them a lot anymore. I forgot Empoleon was an actual thing until to minutes ago.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Trubbish... yeah, I kinda like Trubbish, I never knew you could make a bag of trash look... kinda cute... but Garbodor still makes me feel physically sick. It looses all charm and it just... ewwwww.... just it's face and arms... yuck...
I do like a lot of the object Pokemon like Vanillite, Klink, Klefki and such.. mostly because I like to imagine what was going through the designer's head. Like 'Aw damn I left my keys at home! If I had a pokemon to bring them and follow me that would be awesome!' They also look a lot better then what they could have been.
But I do feel a lot of starters are hated, like Delphox, Maganium, Empoleon and such.

Daveo100

I like Chesse
Feraligatr. He's my fav pokemon but you don't see him to much.

Subzerostupid

Walking Pokedex
I find that bugs are quite often overlooked, despite some of them having amazing move sets and abilities. Bugs are my favourite type and I'm planning on a team which focuses on Shuckle being near-impossible to hit, then pulling a power swap.

Ditto B1tch

Unowns are unloved. Who used those letter 'mons to battle?

Some people catch 'em only for fun, to complete the Unowndex.

Last edited:

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I've been seeing Hawlucha getting a lot bad press lately. It's killer IMO. I've been waiting a long time for a Fighting/Flying type

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Trubbish... yeah, I kinda like Trubbish, I never knew you could make a bag of trash look... kinda cute... but Garbodor still makes me feel physically sick. It looses all charm and it just... ewwwww.... just it's face and arms... yuck...
I do like a lot of the object Pokemon like Vanillite, Klink, Klefki and such.. mostly because I like to imagine what was going through the designer's head. Like 'Aw damn I left my keys at home! If I had a pokemon to bring them and follow me that would be awesome!' They also look a lot better then what they could have been.
But I do feel a lot of starters are hated, like Delphox, Maganium, Empoleon and such.

While I'm not a fan of most object pokemon, I have to agree with this. Even if I dislike something, it's always nice to see the ideas Game Freak come up with. I've seen people dislike a whole pokemon generation solely because of these object pokemon. They are not the only pokemon of the generation and should really see them all before they judge I think.

I notice starter pokemon always get a lot of attention regardless of how much hate they get, but it is clear some are always favoured over others (Looking at you, Charizard!). From what I've seen, Empoleon is mostly mixed, Delphox does get quite a bit of hate but I have seen a respectable amount of fans for it and seems to be popular with girls. Meganium, though, I have to agree, poor thing gets more hate than all the other starter hatred combined. I do hope these pokemon do get some more love in the future, though, as two of them happen to be my favourite starters of that type (Empoleon and Delphox).

Last edited:

Nulava

Banned
Serperior, I feel like one of my favorite beloved Pokemon is really underappreciated.
Serperior is hardly used nowadays despite being a well balanced Pokemon.
This snake Pokemon takes advantage of its tremendous speed, setting up with different hazards and having the ability of becoming a mix attacker.
Serperior deserves to be shown more love if you ask me.

Last edited:

HellspawnKittie

Jumpluff ;189; Jumpluff ;189; Jumpluff ;189; ... its horrible and everyone knows it, all the more reason for it to need more love :3

Whiscash

Professional catfish
^ Jumpluff is so cute! <33 I'll add Vileplume to the list. I don't see much love for it but it's always been my favourite Grass type.

Mystical Jackal said:
Unowns are unloved. Who used those letter 'mons to battle?

Some people catch 'em only for fun, to complete the Unowndex.

Not to battle, but I think Unowns are pretty cute and I love the whole idea of mythology behind them, especially in the third movie! I'm forever bitter I could never get the Unown font to work on my computer.

...I mostly see people use them to spell out rude messages these days. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.