• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddy

Personally I find myself a huge fan of Crawdaunt, yet I know people who cannot stand the thing. He became the one guy I focused a team around this generation which did me quite proud in a clan tournament me and some friends from an old game I used to play had. Helps that Knock Off is SOOO much better now.

I also love Mothim, and I do not hear people talk about him all that much!

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I was always a fan of Girafarig, for it's cuteness and unique typing. But, since it has no evolution and only decent stats, nobody ever uses it. It is way overlooked, but I still would train one, anyday :]

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
hmmm, would Houndoom count? It's one of my favorites, but yet i never seen anyone use it. Also, the whole Piplup evolution line, Piplup is so cute, then Prinplup looks pretty cool, then Empoleon is a boss. I might be wrong about these, but I almost never hear anything about them.

I know. Empoleon was my first pokemon ever, and he was just overshadowed completely. But he looks so cool and is a total boss :)

Gampi

ガンピ
Anybody said anything about Klinklang yet? Grade A+ Fairy destroyer right there.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Okay, but Meloetta followed Girafarig, and is in a completely different tier, as well as the fact that Meloetta has gotten plenty of love from GF, while poor little palindrome hasn't and is therefore unloved.

Also, Girafarig isn't used by very many people.

How has Meloetta gotten plenty of love when her physical form is crippled by the fact that it requires Relic Song to be used in combat (which is Special, and doesn't synergise with her physical form), and resets every time she switches out? That is literally one of the worst ways possible to make use of your alternate form.

Not saying that Girafarig has had much, or any love, but Meloetta really doesn't have it that great if you want more than her base form (which by the way is lacking Boomburst to abuse that Normal STAB).

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
hmmm, would Houndoom count? It's one of my favorites, but yet i never seen anyone use it. Also, the whole Piplup evolution line, Piplup is so cute, then Prinplup looks pretty cool, then Empoleon is a boss. I might be wrong about these, but I almost never hear anything about them.

Houndoom has a mega evo, so I imagine it got a significant boost in popularity.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
How has Meloetta gotten plenty of love when her physical form is crippled by the fact that it requires Relic Song to be used in combat (which is Special, and doesn't synergise with her physical form), and resets every time she switches out? That is literally one of the worst ways possible to make use of your alternate form.

Not saying that Girafarig has had much, or any love, but Meloetta really doesn't have it that great if you want more than her base form (which by the way is lacking Boomburst to abuse that Normal STAB).

I was taking about love, as in from the fanbase, not in competitive battling. Meloetta has some use, but Girafarig will never have any. Meloetta was in 16 episodes of the anime, which automatically means it was better know and liked, as it was given a role and a backstory. I cant say the same for Girafarig.

Barrysun

well, for me, Vileplume, my Favorite grass/poison type pokemon. I enjoy seeing it getting better moves over the years. such as Sludge bomb, Energy ball, and Gazzling Gleam. I often partnered it with my Chariard for a sunny beamer.
another pokemon I do missed in my party is Pelipper, this guy came in handy for me in pokemon Ruby a lot, (I often pwn most of the gym leaders with this guy, with Fly and surf, along with Ice beam and protect, I had a lot of victories because of Pelipper.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Those forgotten starter middle evolutions. How ever thought of ever using Quillidan or Prinplup? They are just so unloved and forgotten. Everyone remembers the first and last form, but forget that middle stage.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Those forgotten starter middle evolutions. How ever thought of ever using Quillidan or Prinplup? They are just so unloved and forgotten. Everyone remembers the first and last form, but forget that middle stage.

Yeah, you got a point there.

But it's not just that, most middle stage Pokémon of a 3-stage line in general don't get a lot of attention.

Of course there are some like Porygon2 and Dusclops. But very few people care about most of them.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I personally love Luxio and Braxion. But, Braxion is one of the middle stages that does get attention. Stravia is also pretty cool. I just wish some people considered those Pokemon. But, no, everyone wants the strongest form.

The day that the middle Pokemon are loved, is the day everyone accepts all Pokemon xD

Another pretty unloved Pokemon is Geodude. It's a flying rock head with arms. Not many people seem to like Geodude, but quite a few like Golem, including myself.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?

I think middle forms, especially of starters, are awesome. They look pretty formative, and the well-designed ones make awesome transitions. I personally adore Charmeleon, Braixen (of course) and quite a few others.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I personally love Luxio and Braxion. But, Braxion is one of the middle stages that does get attention. Stravia is also pretty cool. I just wish some people considered those Pokemon. But, no, everyone wants the strongest form.

Yeah, I'm also guilty of only caring about the fully evolved forms.

It does make sense that most Pokémon fans care more about the final stage as a lot of Pokémon fans care about battling with their Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.