• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexterri

I've always loved Ponyta, but it's not very popular.

Then again, considering that it was pretty much the only fire-type that you could get in Sinnoh, I can't say that I'm surprised that it isn't very popular.

TogepiPunches

Togepi Punter
My favourite is still little old Castform, he is so cute and personally, I love him on my team :)

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
Why is nobody using Exploud!? Sure, it was lackluster before, but now it has Scrappy and a base 140+STAB Boomburst attack! It could wreck singles, wipe fields in doubles/triples, use Normal Gem or Choice Specs for more power of Choice Scarf for better speed, and since it's a sound-based move it breaches Substitutes automatically now. Why is nobody taking advantage of this!?

Rio!

Composer
Why is nobody using Exploud!? Sure, it was lackluster before, but now it has Scrappy and a base 140+STAB Boomburst attack! It could wreck singles, wipe fields in doubles/triples, use Normal Gem or Choice Specs for more power of Choice Scarf for better speed, and since it's a sound-based move it breaches Substitutes automatically now. Why is nobody taking advantage of this!?

I just used it in a recent Trick Room Battle and it was AMAZING and my friend wasn't such a fan. X)
It's really nice it ended up with Boomburst as a level-up move this gen. 8D

Another one I enjoy using now too is Kecleon with Protean.
Drudiggon is even more enjoyable since he gets access to Fire Punch, and gets an Attack increase with Sheer Force. c:

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
One of the most forgotten pokemon I think is Beheeyem. I thought this thing looked so cool.

A wild Flying Saucer appeared!

Flying Saucer used Transform!

...that's how Beheeyem was created. But I never used it, nor have I really seen anyone else use it, as in a actual person or just an NPC. I think it was because of late in-game availability.

Tyrantrum

One of the most forgotten pokemon I think is Beheeyem. I thought this thing looked so cool.

A wild Flying Saucer appeared!

Flying Saucer used Transform!

...that's how Beheeyem was created. But I never used it, nor have I really seen anyone else use it, as in a actual person or just an NPC. I think it was because of late in-game availability.
'
Yeah, it just seems so similar to Claydol at least aesthetic wise to me...might not be in actual playability though.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Personally, I'm inclined to think that it's still a little early in Generation VI, and some people just haven't been able to wrap their heads around the idea that Exploud is now pretty good yet. I raised an Exploud in Y, and while I have yet to actually use it in any serious battles, it's definitely on the to-do list. Scrappy + STAB Boomburst can only mean total carnage and destruction for my opponents. :)

One pokemon that does suck competitevly but I like a lot is masquerin.
Y'know, Masquerain gets Quiver Dance, and its special movepool is actually pretty decent- Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball. It's not that bad competitively.

Personally, I don't think Klinklang gets enough love. Gear Grind is effectively a 100 base power move- for reference, that's how powerful Meteor Mash was before it was nerfed- and can break Substitutes. And Shift Gear is like Dragon Dance, but better! Klinklang even gets Wild Charge now, too. Granted, its movepool overall is still kinda lacking, but still, you can't deny it can definitely work with what it has to work with.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Y'know, Masquerain gets Quiver Dance, and its special movepool is actually pretty decent- Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball. It's not that bad competitively.

If a Pokémon has to rely on moves like swords dance, nasty plots or something like that in order to become useful, it's not a good Pokémon.

A good Pokémon is a Pokémon that CAN be useful without having to use these moves.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

It also has access to Energy Ball, Giga Drain, and some odd ones like Mud Shot and Psybeam so yeah.

If a Pokémon has to rely on moves like swords dance, nasty plots or something like that in order to become useful, it's not a good Pokémon.

A good Pokémon is a Pokémon that CAN be useful without having to use these moves.

Most things need to set up to be very useful, though, it's part of why Scolipede is so great now.

I've never seen any Manectric lovers other than myself. Manectric is like my signature Pokemon and I feel like it doesn't get nearly as much attention as other Pokemon like it.

Manectric was under used till its mega
But an extrymly under used on is muk but a adamant on can destroy teams

Status
Not open for further replies.