• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBurgundy

As far as unloved, how about Ditto? Basically, they are kidnapped from their habbitat's and taken to an old man's house and forced to ***** to 100s-1000s of Pokemon ranging from creatures made of blades or flames to giant spiders and literal bags of garbage. It's forced to sleep with both genders, and usually it's own children and grandchildren. When we aren't forcing it to mate with everything imagineable, we keep it locked away in the PC never to see sunlight, unless it's breeding. We give it no thanks, no nice items no nothing. Go ahead, take your Ditto from thePC/Daycare right now and go check what it's happiness is. Ditto is the backbone of any good trainer's team in a behind the scenes sense and really makes it possible to get those specific Pokemon that you love. But do you ever say thank you? No! You just say, "You worthless Ditto, you don't have enough good IVs". Ditto get's treated worse than an HM slave.

Mudcat

As far as unloved, how about Ditto?

I always appreciate my Dittos for precisely the reasons you list. They might not ever see battle, but without them my combat Pokémon could never be and my Pokédex would never get completed.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I think Pelipper is unloved. People only use it as an HM slave, it's basically the Bibarel of Hoenn. I like it's design and find it charming in a certain way, much like I do about Bibarel.

As far as unloved, how about Ditto? Basically, they are kidnapped from their habbitat's and taken to an old man's house and forced to ***** to 100s-1000s of Pokemon ranging from creatures made of blades or flames to giant spiders and literal bags of garbage. It's forced to sleep with both genders, and usually it's own children and grandchildren. When we aren't forcing it to mate with everything imagineable, we keep it locked away in the PC never to see sunlight, unless it's breeding. We give it no thanks, no nice items no nothing. Go ahead, take your Ditto from thePC/Daycare right now and go check what it's happiness is. Ditto is the backbone of any good trainer's team in a behind the scenes sense and really makes it possible to get those specific Pokemon that you love. But do you ever say thank you? No! You just say, "You worthless Ditto, you don't have enough good IVs". Ditto get's treated worse than an HM slave.
I'd say Ditto is most loved Pokemon ;)

upa-wooper

Wooper King
How about Wooper? Wooper is my favourite Pokémon and I don't want it to become more popular but I'd like for people give it a thought when people are planning their teams, I always find it and Quagsire incredibly helpful :D I even have a LVL 100 Wooper on my Pokémon X because I love it so much <3

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think Pelipper is unloved. People only use it as an HM slave, it's basically the Bibarel of Hoenn. I like it's design and find it charming in a certain way, much like I do about Bibarel.

I'd say Ditto is most loved Pokemon ;)

No that would be Lucario, Gardevoir, Lopunny, or Delphox when it comes to the internet and their work of "art" ;)

All in seriousness. I say that any starter that is not named Greninja or Charizard are the most unloved. I mean, when do you see anyone with a Meganium and actually likes it? The same can be said for Samurott or Torterra

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan

Pelipper isn't a bad Pokémon. In fact I have seen a video on YouTube where someone used a Pelipper to sweep a team.

But I don't remember the name of the video.

But my point still stands, Pelipper can be a good Pokémon. :)

LittleLadyLeafeon

Struggling Cutie
No that would be Lucario, Gardevoir, Lopunny, or Delphox when it comes to the internet and their work of "art" ;)

All in seriousness. I say that any starter that is not named Greninja or Charizard are the most unloved. I mean, when do you see anyone with a Meganium and actually likes it? The same can be said for Samurott or Torterra

As far as the first statement goes, they're certainly not unloved, but I would say Pelipper is great and just doesn't get enough recognition for it!

But yes, there's a lot of starters who get recognition but not as much love as they should. It still stands, though, that I wouldn't call the other starters unloved- as all starters inevitably get more attention than Pokemon you run across in-game.

Atomic Rexx

Don't Care
Don't know how I forgot about this Pokemon, but Carnivine. This guy's never been top tier material, not even in D/P. His base stats, typing, and strangely ineffective ability in Levitate have somewhat cemented his place in NU, where he is still lurking at the bottom of the barrel. But, I love this thing's design, and after having actually used one in Diamond a while back, have to say that it's darn good for in-game use at what it does, and what it does is murder Rock, Ground and Water types.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly

I thought it was Braxian people obsessed over when it came to THAT kind of art? Or maybe I haven't seen it yet (Not that I want to).

But yes, as I have said before, if you're a starter and you're name isn't Charizard, Blaziken or Greninja, don't expect a lot of love. It doesn't help these three have obvious favouritism compared to the other two of their generation.

But yes, there's a lot of starters who get recognition but not as much love as they should. It still stands, though, that I wouldn't call the other starters unloved- as all starters inevitably get more attention than Pokemon you run across in-game.

While it is true that starters get a lot of attention and have decent fanbases, most of them don't get loved that much at all. Like I mentioned earlier, there's always some that get far more attention than the others and those others are usually completely ignored in favour of the one that gets the most favouritism.

I'll use this generation as an example. When was the last time you heard someone say they love Chesnaught or Delphox? These two are often completely ignored in favour of Greninja, even by GameFreak themselves. Not only that, ask anyone who played this game. The vast majority will most likely say they started with Froakie. People often say the Chespin and Fennekin lines are ugly and weak, and while they defiantly have their fans, they're nothing compared to the Froakie line.

It's like this for almost every set of starters. Therefore, I stand by what I said; most starters don't get loved that much at all.

Last edited:

Mr.FusRoDah

Gourgeist has access to Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp, Prankster Sableye could be a real pain in the neck to face if it has Fake Out and Shadow Sneak along with Toxic and some other status move. Also, Clawitzer. Yes, it's slow, but the wallop it packs is tremendous.

Shandon

How about Wooper? Wooper is my favourite Pokémon and I don't want it to become more popular but I'd like for people give it a thought when people are planning their teams, I always find it and Quagsire incredibly helpful :D I even have a LVL 100 Wooper on my Pokémon X because I love it so much <3

My Wooper loving brother! Sadly, I'm not much of a fan of Quagsire.

Also, I've always liked Xatu and fearow...and recently I'm liking Barbaracle.

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper
Mantine my man! 140 base Sp. Def, the special equivalent of Skarmory. Got screwed over by it's terrible typing and massive weakness to Electric. Runs great alongside Lightningrod Rhyperior, though

Mr. Timn

with an "n"!
i think chatot is pretty unloved, but i like it a lot. well, i guess i'ts probably more loved now that it has boomburst, which is really cool. i play ru and nu with it on pokemon showdown, and it's fast and powerful enough to really do some damage with boomburst.

Goldeen. I would assume it's just because it's an unevolved Pokemon, but I don't even ever see anyone trying to use Seaking. I will admit though, I think I've lost to a Seaking at least once per generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.